35 y/o with zero libido

vkg1

Awards
I used to be as horny as anyone else. In fact, until about 10 years ago I was sure that I was secretly way hornier than just about anyone else I knew. Eventually I figured out that everyone's a closet hornball. But now the last 5 years or so my libido has been sputtering. It got weaker and would sometimes be nearly nonexistent. But it would always come back at least for a bit every couple weeks. I could have girlfriends and they wouldn't notice any problem.

Well now for a good 6 months or more it has basically been nonexistent. I never even jerk off. I go weeks. The thought of it is like thinking about needing to take the trash out or something.

There's definitely something wrong, no?

Anyone ever been through this?

I'm not on any new medications or anything. I got my T tested a few months ago. It was 546 ng/dL. Free T was 14.14/2.59%. Estradiol was 9 pg/ml. Everything else was in range.

Any thoughts from anyone? I really don't know what to do. I'm still single with no kids etc, although I would like to get married and have a family. It's not going to happen unless something changes, as I'm currently basically a eunuch.

vkg1

Awards
The T test was 9am in the morning. Do people at least have an opinion on 546 T in the morning for a 35 y/o?

rfarns01

Awards
The T test was 9am in the morning. Do people at least have an opinion on 546 T in the morning for a 35 y/o?
Your probably an average male @ 546, be happy you are not a low t victim yet.

rfarns01

Awards
Your probably an average male @ 546, be happy you are not a low t victim yet.
I find it odd your e2 is so low, that could be an issue to look into. Maybe get retested to confirm.

vkg1

Awards
Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it a lot. Does 546 in the morning mean I would be something more like 300 in the afternoon, and therefore maybe actually a bit in the lowish range?

vkg1

Awards
If I have low estrogen, does that mean I should not consider Clomid TRT?

What are potential causes of low e2?

I would say I am about 15% bodyfat and probably an average diet -- reasonably healthy but nothing special.

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
If I have low estrogen, does that mean I should not consider Clomid TRT?

What are potential causes of low e2?

I would say I am about 15% bodyfat and probably an average diet -- reasonably healthy but nothing special.
Did you get SHBG tested? SHGB can tie up your Free test and "disable" it, and can impact, indirectly, your E2. Your free T, which in my opinion is more important than total, in a way, is low. I am at 51 years old, on TRT and my Total is running 950 and free in the 350 range. I started with a total of 408.

Here is the problem, your level will fall within established reference ranges and it is probably unlikely TRT would be covered by insurance and also unlikely a "normal" Doc will even start you on TRT. A hormone replacement doc probably would start you on TRT. There are many questions to be answered before you jump on the TRT bandwagon, and you need additional labs run, like Thyroid panel, a CBC, PSA, lypid panel, etc. to rule out all other causes (other than age or genetics) before you pursue TRT. The ability to have kids is a big consideration as well.

Stress, diet, alcohol, etc can all impact this area.

Hope this helps.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I would look to other factors. If testosterone is at 546 then you need to check SHBG, adrenals, thyroid , and neurotransmitters. Some times its not the testosterone which is the problem, but something else needs to be addressed. I see so many guys starting TRT only to find out it has been masking other issues which need to be addressed in the first place.