Started TRT why do i need dhea and pregnolone??

  1. Started TRT why do i need dhea and pregnolone??


    So I started my trt today at 120mgs per week. When I left the doctors office and went over to the secretary to pay my co-pay she said that the dr. wants me to get some dhea and pregnolone and take 25 mgs per day I didn't get a chance to ask my doctor but ... Why would i even need this on trt??


  2. Preg can turn into all sorts of hormones but I have no idea why to be honest.
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/

  3. Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post
    Preg can turn into all sorts of hormones but I have no idea why to be honest.
    I know dhea and pregnolone are steps away from testosterone.. but i'm injecting testosterone already.
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta View Post
    I know dhea and pregnolone are steps away from testosterone.. but i'm injecting testosterone already.
    They are steps away from dht too. Aswell as 100s of other hormones
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/

  5. I might be wrong on one or more of the following, so take caution.

    Your testicles make more hormones than testosterone; this includes pregnenolone. When on TRT, your testicles will become shut down. So while you are getting an exogenous supply of testosterone, these other hormones will not be produced since the hypothalamus will not send the LH signal any longer.

    Pregnenolone converts into DHEA. With DHEA supplementation, more pregnenolone will be converted to other downstream hormones.

    This is why many TRT also take HCG. HCG mimics luteinizing hormone, so some endogenous production of pregnenolone can still occur while on TRT. Me personally, my DHEA and pregnenolone levels were low even on HCG, so I take HCG, DHEA, and pregnenolone. I am finding lately that I do not need as much HCG, though.

    TL;DR: you have testosterone taken care of; supplementation may be necessary if your other hormones bottom out.

  6. In many cases of TRT 60-70%, I have seen many DHEA levels drop due to effect of negative feed back loop from the adrenals. Again it comes to benefit to risk ratio. Does the supplementalDHEA cause a high level of e2? How do you feel with out it?

    25 mgs of preg will not do jack crap...
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.

  7. So how do most people on trt feel about taking hcg?? My Doctor offered it but i told him that i would get back to him on it.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta View Post
    So how do most people on trt feel about taking hcg?? My Doctor offered it but i told him that i would get back to him on it.
    People that are young and might be interested in having kids someday will use hcg during trt.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta View Post
    So how do most people on trt feel about taking hcg?? My Doctor offered it but i told him that i would get back to him on it.
    Some TRT users report painful testicular atrophy; HCG mitigates this.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by ajntorinj View Post

    Some TRT users report painful testicular atrophy; HCG mitigates this.
    As long as it doesn't do any harm then that seems like a good enough reason to include it.

  11. I've been using transaderm 5 pumps a day even since being on TRT. Its topical so I think application on my traps and delts helps with the conversion and absorption. it has 72mg dhea, 18mg preg, and resveratrol and some anti-E's. I just felt like it was the right thing to do If you buy it on special discount you can get almost a years worth for 2-300 bucks...not bad.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta View Post
    So how do most people on trt feel about taking hcg?? My Doctor offered it but i told him that i would get back to him on it.
    From my ongoing personal experience I highly recommend adding HCG into the mix. I am on 500 IU X2 per week. Great results.

  13. FWIW - Chrisler suggest all his patients take a DHEA and Preg. He does not suggest an oral Preg.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by FireRescue View Post
    FWIW - Chrisler suggest all his patients take a DHEA and Preg. He does not suggest an oral Preg.
    What other method is there to take pregnolone

  15. Quote Originally Posted by jiggero View Post
    What other method is there to take pregnolone
    Transdermal

  16. Im injection?

  17. Quote Originally Posted by jiggero View Post
    Im injection?
    transdermal is like what I was talking about up the thread 6-7 posts.....TOPICAL ....layman's terms work better and they are easier to spell correctly lol. The topical DHEA/Preg supps like transaderm and dermacrine are gels/lotions. I think they absorb and convert 10X better than oral, esp since there are anti-e's in the formula. I don't know of any injectable DHEA or preg....but who knows, somebody probably makes it....

  18. Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicHolic View Post
    transdermal is like what I was talking about up the thread 6-7 posts.....TOPICAL ....layman's terms work better and they are easier to spell correctly lol. The topical DHEA/Preg supps like transaderm and dermacrine are gels/lotions. I think they absorb and convert 10X better than oral, esp since there are anti-e's in the formula. I don't know of any injectable DHEA or preg....but who knows, somebody probably makes it....
    LOL my spelling was impeccable sir!! I wasn't even thinking of transdermal. In your opinion do you think that it's actually a helpful addition to the testosterone therapy?

  19. Quote Originally Posted by ajntorinj View Post
    This is why many TRT also take HCG. HCG mimics luteinizing hormone, so some endogenous production of pregnenolone can still occur while on TRT. Me personally, my DHEA and pregnenolone levels were low even on HCG, so I take HCG, DHEA, and pregnenolone. I am finding lately that I do not need as much HCG, though.
    That's interesting to think that supplementing with dhea and pregnolone may help reduce the need or at least lower the dosage needed for hcg. If that is what you were saying.

  20. I have dr add HCG at 150 ius 3 times a week on average. If the e2 doubles then would consider not taking HCG unless you feel like chasing e2 all day long. I prefer less drugs the better.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    I have dr add HCG at 150 ius 3 times a week on average. If the e2 doubles then would consider not taking HCG unless you feel like chasing e2 all day long. I prefer less drugs the better.
    So would you say that with most people if they don't plan on having kids that they should just say no to hcg because it's not really worth it??

  22. I like dermacrine but I think a higher dose of Preg. would be more advantageous. Also I'm not sure of the additional Anti-E's in it especially if a person is on HRT and already taking a medication such as Adex. It may possibly mitigate too much estrogen. Only way to know would be labs. It is a solid product and and affordable option and I think a much better delivery system than oral my only concern with its use would possibly be the additional Anti-E's.

    I have read oral DHEA converts to estrogen more readily than transdermal and that is one reason transdermal delivery is better. And oral Preg. converts to....... I cannot remember what Chrisler said in an interview on SHR.....but the transdermal route for Preg. was a much better delivery system.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    I have dr add HCG at 150 ius 3 times a week on average. If the e2 doubles then would consider not taking HCG unless you feel like chasing e2 all day long. I prefer less drugs the better.
    M:
    Can't E2 be safely controlled with Anastrozole (appreciating your less is better concept)?

  24. Quote Originally Posted by jiggero View Post
    What other method is there to take pregnolone

    anally?

  25. Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicHolic View Post
    I've been using transaderm 5 pumps a day even since being on TRT. Its topical so I think application on my traps and delts helps with the conversion and absorption. it has 72mg dhea, 18mg preg, and resveratrol and some anti-E's. I just felt like it was the right thing to do If you buy it on special discount you can get almost a years worth for 2-300 bucks...not bad.
    What would be the difference between Transaderm and Dermacrine (new version)? I'm not seeing a lot of info on the Transaderm that's why I'm asking in hopes you may know. Thanks Anabolic!

  26. Quote Originally Posted by ELROCK View Post
    What would be the difference between Transaderm and Dermacrine (new version)? I'm not seeing a lot of info on the Transaderm that's why I'm asking in hopes you may know. Thanks Anabolic!
    The weird thing is this.....transaderm suggests "5 pumps", which amounts to about half a teaspoon of gel at the most....while dermacrine suggests 4-5 pumps which amount to about a 1/4 cup of gel That is the only difference I've found, the amount per serving varies greatly. The old dermacrine would NEVER dry, and left an oily greasy mess on your skin....the new gel they came out with a while back when re-introducing it dries up pretty nice though. But the upshot is that the ingredients are pretty much identical, the price is pretty much identical provided you use several coupons on the transaderm, but the serving size is so much more manageable with the transaderm.

    The dermacrine label is located on this page: http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/b...130-pumps.html

    This is the transaderm label:
    Name:  trans.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  39.8 KB

  27. Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicHolic View Post

    The weird thing is this.....transaderm suggests "5 pumps", which amounts to about half a teaspoon of gel at the most....while dermacrine suggests 4-5 pumps which amount to about a 1/4 cup of gel That is the only difference I've found, the amount per serving varies greatly. The old dermacrine would NEVER dry, and left an oily greasy mess on your skin....the new gel they came out with a while back when re-introducing it dries up pretty nice though. But the upshot is that the ingredients are pretty much identical, the price is pretty much identical provided you use several coupons on the transaderm, but the serving size is so much more manageable with the transaderm.

    The dermacrine label is located on this page: http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/b...130-pumps.html

    This is the transaderm label:
    <img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=84 797"/>
    Thanks for the info Anabolic! I knew you would have an answer for me. The Transaderm you are speaking about is it the RS-Transaderm product?

  28. Quote Originally Posted by ELROCK View Post
    Thanks for the info Anabolic! I knew you would have an answer for me. The Transaderm you are speaking about is it the RS-Transaderm product?
    Yeah that is the one. We are not allowed to give specifics on the company or the site etc since that brand was formerly a sponsor on this site, but the owner and his company got banned for life I believe

  29. Got ya! Thank you sir!

  30. Got ya. Thank you sir!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. why do you need carbs for bulking?
    By willc86 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-16-2012, 11:23 PM
  2. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-14-2008, 05:45 AM
  3. Why do you need post cycle therapy?????
    By humanhulk1017 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-27-2008, 11:53 AM
  4. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-27-2007, 04:54 PM
  5. What is PCT and why do you need it?
    By steolis in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-09-2007, 10:13 AM
Log in
Log in