Doctors in houston tx

Dyl

Awards
Does anyone know of a good Endocrinologist or urologist in houston tx area?? I'm having a very hard time finding one.

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
I have been using one at Kelsey Seybold for the past 18 months, though i may switch to someone else i found through my insurance.

RedRaptor

Awards
Looking for the same.

Tired of Cenegenics and their very high fee just to send me 320mg of Test C each month.. even if it is over night!
Anyone tried a men's health clinic??
I may devote some time next week calling around and going to visit.

Dyl

Awards
Its very frustrating I have an appointment next month with a urologist in Houston. Hopefully he's knowledgeable if I have any luck I'll let you know.

Dyl

Awards
I have been using one at Kelsey Seybold for the past 18 months, though i may switch to someone else i found through my insurance.
I found a doc that seems like he knows his stuff at Kelsey seybold. Are they pretty good?

Umberto

Umberto

Awards
They have a few "Low T Centers" all over the area: http://www.lowtcenter.com/
I went to see Urologist Dr. Chapman in Pearland (Houston Metro Urology, Pearland location) and he was willing to start me on 200 mg/week Test Cyp for my low T, but refered me to a Dr. Lipshultz in the med center for Clomid restart since he wasnt too familiar with Clomid but thought it could help.
I couldnt get an appt with Lipshultz so I did some research and found Dr. Russell Williams
I went to see Dr. Russell Williams and he suggested a varicocele repair (havent done it yet but may in the future). Also hes familiar with Clomid and HCG therapies and put me on Clomid.

After asking around in the area it appears that as far as Urology/Fertility doctors, Dr. Lipshults and Dr. Williams are the top 2.

Sorry I cant help you with the endo, but these 2 urology docs are very knowledgeable on TRT/HRT in the area.

Reactions: Dyl

Dyl

Awards
varicocele
They have a few "Low T Centers" all over the area: [
I went to see Urologist Dr. Chapman in Pearland (Houston Metro Urology, Pearland location) and he was willing to start me on 200 mg/week Test Cyp for my low T, but refered me to a Dr. Lipshultz in the med center for Clomid restart since he wasnt too familiar with Clomid but thought it could help.
I couldnt get an appt with Lipshultz so I did some research and found Dr. Russell Williams
I went to see Dr. Russell Williams and he suggested a repair (havent done it yet but may in the future). Also hes familiar with Clomid and HCG therapies and put me on Clomid.

After asking around in the area it appears that as far as Urology/Fertility doctors, Dr. Lipshults and Dr. Williams are the top 2.

Sorry I cant help you with the endo, but these 2 urology docs are very knowledgeable on TRT/HRT in the area.
I have an appointment with lipsulthz next month. Ive also heard good thing about Dr Robert Tan you might want to check him out as well. I'm looking to do a restart so hopefully lipshultz can help me with this did a tren only cycle messed me up pretty bad. What is a
varicocele repair?

j4ever41

Awards
They have a few "Low T Centers" all over the area:
I went to see Dr. Russell Williams and he suggested a varicocele repair (havent done it yet but may in the future). Also hes familiar with Clomid and HCG therapies and put me on Clomid.

bro did he put you on clomid for re-start or for trt?

Umberto

Umberto

Awards
varicocele

I have an appointment with lipsulthz next month. Ive also heard good thing about Dr Robert Tan you might want to check him out as well. I'm looking to do a restart so hopefully lipshultz can help me with this did a tren only cycle messed me up pretty bad. What is a
varicocele repair?
Cool man I'll check him out. Varicocele is an enlargement of the viens attached to the testicle. The extra blood causes more heat in scrotum and can lower hormone production and sperm.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Umberto, I'd be leery of any doc that wants to start you out at 200/week. At that dose, I'd anticipate e2 issues, and also hemoglobin and hematocrit issues.

It's very rare IMO that someone NEEDS 200/week to make them feel better. Wants and NEEDS are two very different things.There are of course outliers, but that's a hefty beginning dose.

There are of course guys who just want to do permacycles and call it trt.

<---- 60 every 4 days...

Umberto

Umberto

Awards
Umberto, I'd be leery of any doc that wants to start you out at 200/week. At that dose, I'd anticipate e2 issues, and also hemoglobin and hematocrit issues.

It's very rare IMO that someone NEEDS 200/week to make them feel better. Wants and NEEDS are two very different things.There are of course outliers, but that's a hefty beginning dose.

There are of course guys who just want to do permacycles and call it trt.

<---- 60 every 4 days...
Thanks man. Yea he offered but said I could benefit from clomid so he reffered me to another Dr since he wasn't that familiar with prescribing it.
He definitely said we could do 200 mg once a week "because of my size" .
Can having more make you feel worse because of E2 conversion? Or what reason?

Dude I'm pumped I found this board again. Used to be on it a long time ago before I had low t but glad to rediscover and all the good bros that are willing to help.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Thanks man. Yea he offered but said I could benefit from clomid so he reffered me to another Dr since he wasn't that familiar with prescribing it.
He definitely said we could do 200 mg once a week "because of my size" .
Can having more make you feel worse because of E2 conversion? Or what reason?

Dude I'm pumped I found this board again. Used to be on it a long time ago before I had low t but glad to rediscover and all the good bros that are willing to help.
Trt lesson #1: dose is very individual and what works for me may not work for you. I've seen 300 lb guys need only 60-80/week, so IMO, size doesn't matter (lol!)

E2 conversion also varies from person to person. I can only give you my experience. I'll keep it short because most of these guys already know my story. I started at 100 once per week. After testing, my endo upped my dose to 150/week: these were the bad times. I was a bloated 212, e2 was in the 70's and I just felt like s.hit. Total T was in the 1100's - stupid high. My hgb and hct were off the charts - endo said I was a stroke waiting to happen. I started doing some reading about dose/frequency of injections and came up with 50/every 4 days. Total T was 730 1 day before injection - everything was perfect.

Last labs had me at ~550 1 day before injection so we upped my dose to 60/every 4 days. I have no problem going back down to 50 if labs say so.

My advice: start low and talk to your doc about more frequent injections so you don't have bad peaks and troughs. I'll bet you a dollar you won't need as much as you think you will by injecting more frequently...

j4ever41

Awards
Taking clomid by itself. The doc never called it a "restart" but looks like that's what the bro science word for it is.
thanks for the answer, what i was trying to say is the Doc using clomid for yout TRT instead of test?

Umberto

Umberto

Awards
varicocele

varicocele repair?
A varicocele is a dialation of the veins right above and attached to the testicle. Apparently the extra blood flow brings heat into the testicle that is not good for sperm of testosterone production. The doctor ties off some higher viens and reduced blood flow to the dialated vessels.
This is very similar to varicose viens women get in their legs except this happens in your ball sack.

Dyl

Awards
A varicocele is a dialation of the veins right above and attached to the testicle. Apparently the extra blood flow brings heat into the testicle that is not good for sperm of testosterone production. The doctor ties off some higher viens and reduced blood flow to the dialated vessels.
This is very similar to varicose viens women get in their legs except this happens in your ball sack.

Thanks for the jnfo. I didn't know that could happen to the testes. I will let you know what Dr lipshultz has to say after the appointment sure not a lot till after the bw results

Umberto

Umberto

Awards
I got an appt setup with Lipshultz later this month. I actually ran into Dr. Tung Shu (hes a memorial hermann urological surgeon) at the UTHealth rec center gym and he suggested I look into Arimidex instead of Clomid for a mono therapy. He said Larry Lipshultz is the "guru" for low T fertility treatment. Seemed to know his stuff and was kind enough to shoot the sh!t with me at the gym about low T. He also said he does varicocele correction using the daVinci robot. He pioneered its use for that surgery. Pretty strong dude too. I actually might go see him as well.
Houston is definitely a great place for medical care.

Dyl

Awards
I got an appt setup with Lipshultz later this month. I actually ran into Dr. Tung Shu (hes a memorial hermann urological surgeon) at the UTHealth rec center gym and he suggested I look into Arimidex instead of Clomid for a mono therapy. He said Larry Lipshultz is the "guru" for low T fertility treatment. Seemed to know his stuff and was kind enough to shoot the sh!t with me at the gym about low T. He also said he does varicocele correction using the daVinci robot. He pioneered its use for that surgery. Pretty strong dude too. I actually might go see him as well.
Houston is definitely a great place for medical care.
That's really cool he just bull****ed with you. Houston is definelty the place for medical care. I'm driving about an hour and a half just to see lipshultz. I had an appointment in August but now they changed my shift at work so I have to reschedule :( lol. I might just have to call in that day lol