Has anyone heard of trt not working after a test cyp cycle?

jpg

Awards
Hi everybody,

I am 37 and was put on trt about 9 months ago.

androgel worked great, for 2 months or so.

then cyp worked perfectly.

I then decided to do a cycle of cyp. 350 week

the cycle was a gongshow.. good vial, bad vial, good vial, .. bone pain , headache, bloat..

i then went back on trt about 5 weeks ago, 100mg a week, and have been feeling like i have no testosterone... just lowered it a bit now to see.. and took .5 adex this morning to see..

no morning wood, no veins, bone pain, muscle loss..

as soon as i got on the cycle my bones hurt, so not sure what that even means other then i know my bones are brittle from my T not working properly for over a decade... but there was no bone pin on trt the first time.

i had seen my doctor 6 yrs ago with all the symptoms of low T, we did the tests, but it showed that i had some. I was a hormonal mess back then.. i took HGH for 3 months and everything got better. i had IGF levels of a 80 yr old man.

when i went back 9 months ago, we tested, and it showed that i had T .. but i just told him to give me the gel, he did, and 24 hours later no more symptoms( i hadent walked more then a block without knee pain in years.. always freezing.etc.)... so thats how we figured it out..

any input or questions for me to clarify would help.

thanks.

trn450

trn450

Awards
If you are running prescription testosterone, it's not going to "not work". I don't know enough about the topic to comment on the subject of androgen receptors and if they possibly down-regulate after a cycle. But, even if that were the case I doubt it's anything significant as most people can transition off of a light cycle and go straight into PCT with few problems, let alone straight back onto TRT.

After 5 weeks of TRT you should be roughly approaching your new baseline (5-6 half lifes and you're like 99.9% at steady state) that's reflective of the TRT dose. 100mg / wk also tends to put most people right into the physiologic range. So, again, if it's an Rx I doubt the testosterone is the problem. I also doubt that down-regulation possibility.

Did you take arimidex during the cycle? Did you take it over the last several weeks since you stopped the cycle? What about on your previous TRT regimen, did you require arimidex? What was your previous regimented weekly dose?

Having said that, all of the symptoms you're having could be attributed to a number of things. Without labs and a full clinical history an endocrinologist probably couldn't help you find definitive answers, let alone the lay enthusiasts on internet bodybuilding forums.

Let us know how the arimidex goes.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm just guessing, but if you were running a cycle and dropped back to TRT dose only 5 weeks ago, you likely are still adjusting. You won't shut down and need PCT like someone not on TRT (because you already are shutdown), but I imagine your body needs time to recalibrate from 350 to 100.

jpg

Awards
Did you take arimidex during the cycle? on and off. mostly yes.

Did you take it over the last several weeks since you stopped the cycle? no

What about on your previous TRT regimen, did you require arimidex? nop. it was perfect.

What was your previous regimented weekly dose? 70 mg every 5 days.

yes maybe it takes time to re calibrate. i stopped completely for 2 weeks after the cycle to drop down faster.

i think the answer lies in why a high dose(cycle)would make me feel like ....

as soon as i upped to 350 my bones started to hurt. does anyone know why high doses would hurt bones?

yes its RX.

the adex is ug so when i see my doc next week i will ask for more tests and real adex.

yeah i thought easy peasy going from cycle to trt but man.. i was dooing so good. i hope i didnt fk everything up.

i just wanted to get big. or bigger. or fkin normal looking at least.

hard being an alpha in a twig body.

jpg

Awards
... so i have constantly heard of down regulation being a myth.

screw that. its real.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
It will definitely take time to readjust. I blasted 500mg/week for 8 weeks with no AI. I had no side effects other than it killed my sex drive because my e2 was 136. It has been nearly a month since going back to trt levels, and I'm just starting to get morning wood again. My e2 is staying around 30, I guess it just takes time.

By the way, I'm doing 30mg every other day and its working great so far. I bet my e2 is even lower now.