Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. jin
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.54%

Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    Maybe it's different from state to state (I doubt it), but doctors can't write prescriptions for longer than 12 months here and require that you go in to refill. Personally, I have no problem with any of this because we should be going anyway. Along those lines, going twice a year is no big deal either.

I go every 3 months and like it. It gives me information on labs that I can stay ahead of and adjust if needed and there are no surprises. I happen to be different than most men when it comes to health, it seems. For me preemptive -> proactive -> reactive. Most guys I know like to wait until they have to to go to fix something instead of staying ahead of it.

of course, if you can have a comfortable relationship with a physician
    who is not motivated by greed
    then you should take every advantage.

some doctors i have known either personally or professionally have been down to earth people
    but after the hillary-aided nixonization of health care accelerated in the 80s
    attitudes on both sides of the relationship changed.
    now, i wouldn't trust an american physician to touch my blood without some prior outside relationship extending past the paperwork.

as for taking care of one's self, it is good sense, but some people never have the luxury, materially or emotionally.

part of this this might be a cultural/generational/socioeconomic thing...
    when i was young,
    john wayne was still a big influence on young men
    mostly through their fathers
    and then that guy got stomach cancer likely from shooting movies on radioactive sand taken from the nuclear test sites in the desert
    (makes you wonder why we are doing the same thing to the sands of Iraq, huh...?)
    ule brenner (maybe spelled his name wrong) smoked himself to death
    and man-culture in the USA changed...
    clint eastwood went from cowboy to vigilante cop
    burt reynolds drank beer and drove cross-country "trans-am" races
    but ended up a poor man's james bond,
    and michael douglas told us greed was good,
    but finally fell down exhausted by all the bull****
    that idiots who actually believed that
    made of the world
    i mean, when you think about it, falling down is a zombie movie...
    this all happened in the 4 decades that i have been alive

as a youth, i was taught that men abused their bodies in the service of some sort of enterprise, to change the world and to make it a better place, makes things right, at their own expense, no complaints, just push the f*** on and shut up.
    that was the standard.
    i spent a lot of my life covered in used motor oil with alcohol and cigarettes on my breath.

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.97%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

I'm trying to think of a movie reference to reply with....

dammit.
  3. BJE
    Stats
    6'3"  189 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.4%

Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicHolic View Post
    This is totally strange, but totally true. Seems to be the norm for whatever reason. You would figure an endocrinologist would be your go-to TRT guy as opposed to the Urologist, but the endo's are oftentimes just as clueless as your GP.
    My endo told me he will let me do what I want so long as it is not dangerous or unethical. However I'd say he is an anti TRT doctor. He gives me a lecture every time I see him on how we don't know if TRT does any good and that you are better off health wise with low T etc. I plan to switch to my GP later this year for my TRT. I've yet to see a urologist that was into TRT. They should be though since their speciality is the male reproductive system.
    •   

4. jin
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.54%

Quote Originally Posted by ozley62 View Post
    If you're not having thyroid problems you may want to look at doctors other than Endocrinologist, I went to 3 different Endos and didn't care for their treatment at all when it came to TRT. Lots of times a good Urologist will be more up to speed on TRT, that's who I'm seeing now and he seems to know what he's doing and always listens to anything I have to say. I've copied some of the sticky's from websites like this one and others like it and showed to him and he's always more than glad to read it. A good Dr. who administers TRT should be willing to learn all they can about it. When I google (Doctors who specialize in TRT in..............put your zip code) a big list of Urologist are what pops up.
    sure.
    great advice.
    can't a gp script test?
  5. BJE
    Stats
    6'3"  189 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.4%

Quote Originally Posted by jin View Post
    sure.
    great advice.
    can't a gp script test?
    Yes
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  292 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.57%

Are you using those digital BP machines with the one size fits all cuff?
  7. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.15%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bigt405 View Post
    Are you using those digital BP machines with the one size fits all cuff?
    who me? if so yeah I do. I got smaller arms, they fit in there fine....unless i flex then they got pretty huge peaks to them. If I had to put my traps in a cuff? or my chest? or my legs? I'd break that shyt like a mfcker . The ma-cheen and the doctors office jive pretty good, I'm usually a little bit lower at the doctors office though. When they take my BP there I need the bigger cuff since the regular one does not fit, but I BARELY need the bigger cuff.....and I mean it barely fits right.
  8. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.15%

Quote Originally Posted by BJE View Post
    My endo told me he will let me do what I want so long as it is not dangerous or unethical. However I'd say he is an anti TRT doctor. He gives me a lecture every time I see him on how we don't know if TRT does any good and that you are better off health wise with low T etc. I plan to switch to my GP later this year for my TRT. I've yet to see. Urologist that was into TRT. They should be though since their speciality is the male reproductive system.
    Yeah I got it to the point that my GP asks me what I want, how much etc for my TRT....he knows that I am responsible and informed on this subject and I am an honest person. My cardiologist who prescribes my beta blocker and ACE also told me he will adjust up and down according to what I report back to him since he also trusts me to understand my readings for my heart rate and BP and where they need to be and what dosages get me there.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  292 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.57%

Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicHolic View Post

who me? if so yeah I do. I got smaller arms, they fit in there fine....unless i flex then they got pretty huge peaks to them. If I had to put my traps in a cuff? or my chest? or my legs? I'd break that shyt like a mfcker . The ma-cheen and the doctors office jive pretty good, I'm usually a little bit lower at the doctors office though. When they take my BP there I need the bigger cuff since the regular one does not fit, but I BARELY need the bigger cuff.....and I mean it barely fits right.
    Ok cool.....I have gotten to where I can't use them anymore......just going to make sure you knew that a cuff to tight can skew your numbers.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  292 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.57%

Quote Originally Posted by ozley62 View Post
    If you're not having thyroid problems you may want to look at doctors other than Endocrinologist, I went to 3 different Endos and didn't care for their treatment at all when it came to TRT. Lots of times a good Urologist will be more up to speed on TRT, that's who I'm seeing now and he seems to know what he's doing and always listens to anything I have to say. I've copied some of the sticky's from websites like this one and others like it and showed to him and he's always more than glad to read it. A good Dr. who administers TRT should be willing to learn all they can about it. When I google (Doctors who specialize in TRT in..............put your zip code) a big list of Urologist are what pops up.
    I too use a urologist and finding him was the best thing for me since my primary doctor was lost.
  11. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.15%

Quote Originally Posted by bigt405 View Post
    Ok cool.....I have gotten to where I can't use them anymore......just going to make sure you knew that a cuff to tight can skew your numbers.
    yeah the doctors office is more accurate since that old BP machine had a pretty small cuff....but this new super duper robot voice machine they got in last month has a nice big cuff actually, reads almost identical to the doctors office. I often wondered about these big mafckers who's arms, whether out of shape or muscular, could never fit in that thing. This machine talks too much and you need to enter in all your info which is a PITA, but hey at least its got an improved cuff and improved accuracy......
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.55%

99% of endos are going to specialize in the biggest endocrine problem in medicine, Diabetes, not hormone replacement.

Any Dr who cares to research it and prescribe it can do so. Speciality does not matter.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Curious: How many of you TRT'ers had previously used AA's/PH's?
    By trn450 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-10-2013, 06:13 PM
  2. How many of you on TRT donate blood
    By kisaj in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-28-2013, 10:40 PM
  3. How many of you love what you do for a living?
    By BPjohn123 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-29-2011, 10:34 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-18-2009, 10:54 PM
  5. How many of you guys lie about your....
    By LCSULLA in forum General Chat
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 07-02-2004, 09:38 AM