Sub-q video with Dr, Crisler

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
I think I'll try it tomorrow with 30mg. Will injecting sub-q twice a week work? Or should I do it more frequently? I have 25g x 5/8" needles, but that would pierce into my abs if I put it all the way in. Could I inject my abdominal area sideways instead of straight in?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I think I'll try it tomorrow with 30mg. Will injecting sub-q twice a week work? Or should I do it more frequently? I have 25g x 5/8" needles, but that would pierce into my abs if I put it all the way in. Could I inject my abdominal area sideways instead of straight in?
Just still still stick it in your a$$ plenty of fat there. lol

epphllps

Awards
SubQ injections on the abdomen should be done no closer than a two inch radius to the umbilicus and if you can't pinch enough fat to inject at a 90 degree angle you can hit a 45 degree angle.

I inject subQ into the vastus lateralus (outer thigh) area. Nearly painless at 0.3mL biweekly.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
SubQ injections on the abdomen should be done no closer than a two inch radius to the umbilicus and if you can't pinch enough fat to inject at a 90 degree angle you can hit a 45 degree angle.

I inject subQ into the vastus lateralus (outer thigh) area. Nearly painless at 0.3mL biweekly.
Do you have lab results to compare to IM injections? How do you feel doing sub-q?

epphllps

Awards
Do you have lab results to compare to IM injections? How do you feel doing sub-q?
This is just my second week so I have no IM baseline to compare to. I'm about to finish up my nursing degree so I just have extensive hands on with med administration.

There is some research indicating less aromatization with subQ (wish I had the link). Also, the studies have shown it is just as effective as IM injection as far as test levels are concerned.

Evidence based practice shows that subQ injections are much safer and less painful than IM. I will have to try IM to get a baseline of comparison but the ease of subQ can't be matched.

Does anyone have any direct lab comparisons of IM to subQ?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just use my 25g needles and go about 1/2 way in and have always done it this way. My tests have always been great and it doesn't hurt at all.

epphllps

Awards
I just use my 25g needles and go about 1/2 way in and have always done it this way. My tests have always been great and it doesn't hurt at all.
Yeah when I went all the way in on my thigh with a 5/8 25g I bled more than I should. Not going all the way in and making sure you pinch up enough fat makes the difference.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Where do you inject? I'm gonna try it Monday, what is the max amount to inject sub-q? I was thinking 30mg, would 50mg be too much? I noticed Dr. Crisler said not to pinch the tissue, just the stick it in and inject. I'll definitely be doing the 45 degree angle into my abdominal area. 25gx5/8" about halfway in. Any problem with oil leaking out?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't pinch skin, I just go at a 45 into my glute and do 50mg. I never have any oil leak and never see a trace of blood.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
I don't pinch skin, I just go at a 45 into my glute and do 50mg. I never have any oil leak and never see a trace of blood.
How's your sex drive and attitude doing it this way? Much different than doing it IM?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For me:

Pre TRT
Sex drive: 3-4
Attitude: 5-6
Energy: 6

TRT
Sex drive: 7 (I have young kids, a crazy busy schedule, stressful career, and little free time. I wouldn't want it higher than this. lol)
Attitude: 9-10
Energy: 8-9

I never noticed a difference in IM to sub-q, but wouldn't remember it likely because I have been doing sub-q for over a year. The main difference was going from 125 ew to 50e3.5d.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
For me:

Pre TRT
Sex drive: 3-4
Attitude: 5-6
Energy: 6

TRT
Sex drive: 7 (I have young kids, a crazy busy schedule, stressful career, and little free time. I wouldn't want it higher than this. lol)
Attitude: 9-10
Energy: 8-9

I never noticed a difference in IM to sub-q, but wouldn't remember it likely because I have been doing sub-q for over a year. The main difference was going from 125 ew to 50e3.5d.
Awesome! Monday I'll give it a try with 50mg

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
People are turning something simple into the something so complicated. I use 29 gauge 1/2 in my thigh or shoulder 2 times a week. It is what it is... 5 weeks get retested. Seriously, I have better things think about then how to manipulate a simple injection..LOL

Solution to problem KISS .....

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
People are turning something simple into the something so complicated. I use 29 gauge 1/2 in my thigh or shoulder 2 times a week. It is what it is... 5 weeks get retested. Seriously, I have better things think about then how to manipulate a simple injection..LOL

Solution to problem KISS .....
What are the differences you've seen since going sub-q? Any labs to compare?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I have been.doing it ever since I started 7 years ago.lol When every told.me I.was doing things all wrong...go figure why. rarely care what.people say any more..lol

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Did my first sub-q injection this morning, about 3" from my navel. 50mg, went in fast and smooth at 45 degree angle with no bleeding. How many weeks should I do this before getting blood tested?

BJE

BJE

Awards
I've done sub q injections every two or three day for about six months. I use a 5/16" 31g insulin syringe and inject into the butt. This week I switched back to IM to see if I notice any difference in how I feel.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Feeling better tonight! What I've noticed so far:

- no anxiety
- much less fatigue after injection
- scrotum isn't super tight, balls are finally hanging once in a while
- more strength/energy in the gym
- Zero irritability, better drive

Can't wait to get my blood checked in 6 weeks to see what the difference is!

napalm

napalm

Awards
Feeling better tonight! What I've noticed so far:

- no anxiety
- much less fatigue after injection
- scrotum isn't super tight, balls are finally hanging once in a while
- more strength/energy in the gym
- Zero irritability, better drive

Can't wait to get my blood checked in 6 weeks to see what the difference is!
Lex, did you go 1:1 on the dose sub q vs im?

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Lex, did you go 1:1 on the dose sub q vs im?
Yup, 50mg sub-q. I still get the ringing in my ears the following morning after injection, but everything else seems ok so far.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Yup, 50mg sub-q. I still get the ringing in my ears the following morning after injection, but everything else seems ok so far.
I can't remember where, but I read that less is needed sub q.

BJE

BJE

Awards
On another forum a bunch of guys were reporting that their test levels had fallen after switching to sub q. They had blood tests to support their claims.

jiggero

jiggero

Awards
  • Established
On another forum a bunch of guys were reporting that their test levels had fallen after switching to sub q. They had blood tests to support their claims.
I would use the old "if it ain't broke don't fix it" analogy.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Why would injecting subq require less testosterone for the same effect?? just curious.
Absorption I imagine. I knew I should have saved that article. I'll see if I can find it at lunch...

napalm

napalm

Awards
Interesting, do you remember which forum?

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
I read that too, but 50mg IM jacks my test level waaay up after injection. It's still well over 1000 the day after, and I think the fast rise causes me to have e2 anxiety issues. I've tried 30mg IM twice a week, but my levels didn't stay very consistent. I've heard sub-q causes a longer release, and doesn't raise levels as high. If I can get a smooth 600-800 range I'll be happy.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Should I inject 30mg eod instead? Like Monday, Wednesday, and Friday? Instead of 50mg twice a week? Would this keep test levels and e2 at a better range?

BJE

BJE

Awards
Should I inject 30mg eod instead? Like Monday, Wednesday, and Friday? Instead of 50mg twice a week? Would this keep test levels and e2 at a better range?
I inject every other day, meaning Monday Wednesday Friday Sunday Tuesday Thursday Saturday. I divide my 150mg per week dose and inject .22ml every other day.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
I inject every other day, meaning Monday Wednesday Friday Sunday Tuesday Thursday Saturday. I divide my 150mg per week dose and inject .22ml every other day.
I think I'll try 30mg eod, Monday Wednesday and Friday. I'll just inject on those days, and leave Sunday as a day to allow test levels and e2 to lower a bit. Would it really matter if I injected that small of an amount IM or sub-q? I'd rather just inject IM with a 25g 5/8" needle.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Do you have labs on this protocol?

<----thinking about going sub q

BJE

BJE

Awards
Do you have labs on this protocol?

<----thinking about going sub q
I had labs done last month. I was on 100mg per week at the time. I wanted to test at the low point but couldn't decide which day that would be. I ended up testing on the morning of the day between injections. I was a little disappointed that the result was total T 659 range 240-950. Free T 122 range 47-244. Bioavailable T 285 range 130-680. Free and bio T were still in the lower half of the range. I suspect that every other day dosing might give me a range of about 600-700 total T. My doctor said everything was fine because I'm in the range. I convinced him that if I'm going to be on TRT I had just as well at least be in the upper half of the ranges so he increased my dose to 150mg per week.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had a 3-4 month today with my doc and discussed the fact that I am doing 50mg every 3.5 days and he said he doesn't give a **** what I do in between our meetings as long as I am happy. lol. He said, "I prescribe you 1 x 200mg every 3 months and I expect you to test in normal limits and come in every 3 months for labs. If you want to inject 7 days a week, I don't care. Just keep it healthy and in normal levels. My only goal is your health and happiness."

I love my doc.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What, is that not normal? lol

Yeah, I wrote that wrong. I get a vial every 3 months.

Cycloman

Awards
  • Established
Bumping this old thread to see if anyone had updates on the Subq protocol. I just switched today from gels and HCG which kept me in the 600-1000 range to shots plus HCG because my new doc said it was better. I hate pinning IM so I just did 100 mg Subq in my thigh 1x week. I want to stick with a weekly shot because I travel for work and it's easier doing it Monday morning with HCG Sat/Sun. I'll post labs in 5-6 weeks but does anyone have good labs on 1xweek Subq injections?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bumping this old thread to see if anyone had updates on the Subq protocol. I just switched today from gels and HCG which kept me in the 600-1000 range to shots plus HCG because my new doc said it was better. I hate pinning IM so I just did 100 mg Subq in my thigh 1x week. I want to stick with a weekly shot because I travel for work and it's easier doing it Monday morning with HCG Sat/Sun. I'll post labs in 5-6 weeks but does anyone have good labs on 1xweek Subq injections?
Subq in your thigh?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Really? Your thighs have a layer of fat over them? Subq means injection into fat rather than into muscle.

Cycloman

Awards
  • Established
I just pulled up a wad of skin and injected the needle parallel to the muscle at the bottom of the wad.

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
I just pulled up a wad of skin and injected the needle parallel to the muscle at the bottom of the wad.
You should NEVER pinch skin to inject oil subcutaneously. You should only do that with water-based solutions (e.g. reconstituted hCG).

That's a great way to get a huge, painful lump. You should watch the video.

Cycloman

Awards
  • Established
I wanted to post back with results after performing two weekly sub Q injections of 50 mg Test C – – my blood levels came back at over 1000 ng/dL total testosterone and a free testosterone over the top of the range – with estradiol in the sweet spot at 22. I also take .5 mg of an Arimidex weekly – split into two doses and was doing 300 IU HCG 3 times per week. I made sure I followed a consistent injection schedule and pattern for two months prior to the blood test to assess the adequacy of sub Q – all testosterone shots were given in my thigh by pulling the flap of skin and injecting at about a 45° angle to go in between my skin and muscle. hCG was injected in my stomach skin. I am very impressed with Subq results and I have been continuing this protocol for the last few months and feel fantastic.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wanted to post back with results after performing two weekly sub Q injections of 50 mg Test C – – my blood levels came back at over 1000 ng/dL total testosterone and a free testosterone over the top of the range – with estradiol in the sweet spot at 22. I also take .5 mg of an Arimidex weekly – split into two doses and was doing 300 IU HCG 3 times per week. I made sure I followed a consistent injection schedule and pattern for two months prior to the blood test to assess the adequacy of sub Q – all testosterone shots were given in my thigh by pulling the flap of skin and injecting at about a 45° angle to go in between my skin and muscle. hCG was injected in my stomach skin. I am very impressed with Subq results and I have been continuing this protocol for the last few months and feel fantastic.
Cool yeah sub-q works. Ive had some skin lumps,at 50 mgs, so I do 10-20 mgs a day