TRT advice needed - AnabolicMinds.com

TRT advice needed

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  160 lbs.

TRT advice needed

I'm 37 and after experimenting with Anabolics and even going on TRT from a shady and expensive clinic, I've been on nothing for over a year. I went to my regular Dr. because of a lack of energy and sex drive. My test level is 536 but free test is low at 8.4 (8.7-25.1). My regular Dr. now is willing to put me on TRT. Questions-

What does the low free test really mean? My overall level appears to be ok at 536.
    He likes gel, but should I push for injectables over gel? What are the negative of gel these days?
    Can you take extra gel in the beginning to kickstart the program or "blast" at times with the gel?
    Should I push for HCG or clomid?

Thanks in advance!

2. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I sort of hate to say it, but TRT probably will only make things worse. What you should try first is one of the nettle root based products that lowers SHBG to see where your free test goes. if that doesn't work, there are studies done with 2 or 3 days every 2 weeks of low dosed winstrol (if I remember the study right) that showed significant SHBG reduction without lowering testosterone levels.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I sure wouldn't go on TRT, sounds like your doc doesn't know what he is doing by agreeing to put you on with levels in that range and not determining why your free is low.
    •   

4. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    I sure wouldn't go on TRT, sounds like your doc doesn't know what he is doing by agreeing to put you on with levels in that range and not determining why your free is low.
    Probably because SHBG is high which is related to inflammatory issues going on in liver or GI, as well could be from high e2. Your Dr should not be practicing medicine with those recommendations. You need to be proper evaluated by a good health professional to ascertain why you are feeling the way you are..Toxicity,Neurotransmitter s, e2, thyroid adrenals, or inflammation are most likely the culprits
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.

Similar Forum Threads

1. TRT advice needed
    By Silver3CSRT8 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-19-2013, 11:35 PM
  2. I need some TRT advice, guys...
    By Zero Tolerance in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-14-2009, 11:28 AM
  3. tne- advice needed big pete
    By dalejmurphy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11