Got my Quest Test Back

mr athlete

Awards
I went to my urologist to get checked out for low t. Had all the symptoms. Doc ran tests and my blood work from quest came back at 278. The reference range shows 241-827 Ng/dl. No free test analysis done and my PSA looks fine. My urologist sounds very open minded. His website has a section on low t and his office is completely slaughtered with low t posters. So I think he is going to write a script but just in case I want to armed with info. 2 questions:
1. I read The Endocrine Society says any levels below 300 to be low T. Are these apples to apples with the quest numbers. So Can i quote this recommendation and not sound like an idiot.

2. Dosage? Im not quite clear on the dosage and the effect on levels. So if I have 278 and the doc wants me upto 800. Will he just give me 500 a month or a week? and wont that shut me down. So i guess my question is what should I ask for dosage wise. I want to do this right.

Thanks for your help.

napalm

napalm

Awards
1. Yes

2. I think you have some more reading to do bro. There's not a 1 to 1 relationship between mg's given and test levels. Also, there is a lot of variability of response to a given dose. Using myself as an example, I inject 50 mg's every 4 days. 3 days after injection I'm still in the 700's. That's my trough, my peak level is prolly 900-1000.

There's a ton of info out there, you just have to find it.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I went to my urologist to get checked out for low t. Had all the symptoms. Doc ran tests and my blood work from quest came back at 278. The reference range shows 241-827 Ng/dl. No free test analysis done and my PSA looks fine. My urologist sounds very open minded. His website has a section on low t and his office is completely slaughtered with low t posters. So I think he is going to write a script but just in case I want to armed with info. 2 questions: 1. I read The Endocrine Society says any levels below 300 to be low T. Are these apples to apples with the quest numbers. So Can i quote this recommendation and not sound like an idiot.2. Dosage? Im not quite clear on the dosage and the effect on levels. So if I have 278 and the doc wants me upto 800. Will he just give me 500 a month or a week? and wont that shut me down. So i guess my question is what should I ask for dosage wise. I want to do this right. Thanks for your help.
1. How old?2. What was ruled as the underlying pathology? If over 35 I'd say go for HRT, but still want to look for the hidden causes of the why it tanked in the first place. Giving TRT may make you feel good, but is it really masking a deeper issue which may come back to kick you in the azz later...See it happen on a weekly basis..

mr athlete

Awards
Yeah my bad 42yrs old. Im pretty healthy in general. Had a full work up done by doc. I'm thinking its the 70hr work week and over stressed and lack of sleep. Stuff that cant change easily. I have a 3 yr old and a 20mnth old who as their doctor put it are just not sleepers. So I get minimal sleep between both of them. So I think its probably caused by lack of sleep, stress and diapers with no medical issues.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Correct the underlying condition or supplement with TRT. You need to make the proper choice..

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2. Dosage? Im not quite clear on the dosage and the effect on levels. So if I have 278 and the doc wants me upto 800. Will he just give me 500 a month or a week? and wont that shut me down. So i guess my question is what should I ask for dosage wise. I want to do this right.
The basics for dosage are as often as is reasonable for you to do injections, and the amount needs to be adjusted based on you as an individual. a good starting point is shooting for the 100-120mg a week range and see how blood tests come out.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are the dosages weight dependent? 6'3 260.
not really from all I've seen. but that's why you have a starting point, then want to get bloodwork at 6 weeks in, adjust, another 6 weeks later and adjust. That's why first working out "how often will I inject" is important, because that will affect when you test. At one point I got very anal and tried doing the every 5 day or every 4 day dosing to keep levels flatter, and instead i'd miss or be late on injections. So eventually I settled on just once a week, every Friday.

mr athlete

Awards
Perfect thanks everyone. Can wait to meet with my urologist.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What's the low end of your range?
at 120 every Friday, my low is around 600 on Thursday, peak is around 1200 if I recall. Did I like it better at 150 or 200 a week? sure but I also kept bordering on other issues like high rbc. At 120, no issues at all.

napalm

napalm

Awards
at 120 every Friday, my low is around 600 on Thursday, peak is around 1200 if I recall. Did I like it better at 150 or 200 a week? sure but I also kept bordering on other issues like high rbc. At 120, no issues at all.
interesting. my first set of labs after dropping to 50 every 4 days had me at 737 3 days after injection, i'd guess peak is like 900 or so...

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Yeah my bad 42yrs old. Im pretty healthy in general. Had a full work up done by doc. I'm thinking its the 70hr work week and over stressed and lack of sleep. Stuff that cant change easily. I have a 3 yr old and a 20mnth old who as their doctor put it are just not sleepers. So I get minimal sleep between both of them. So I think its probably caused by lack of sleep, stress and diapers with no medical issues.
In your exact situation. Interesting. 39 w/ 1yr old and 1 on the way. Little sleep and tired constantly. Work 1 week and off the next! Thinking about getting levels checked.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
In your exact situation. Interesting. 39 w/ 1yr old and 1 on the way. Little sleep and tired constantly. Work 1 week and off the next! Thinking about getting levels checked.
Yep, ive had the same symptoms for.yrs

mr athlete

Awards
Started on 100mcg over 3 weeks ago, bumped my self up to 125-150 and I have to say it has completely changed my life. I haven't felt this good for years. Maybe 5. Most of my symptoms associated with low t vanished or close to it. I get anxiety now but not attacks. Just normal easy to handle stuff. No depression, high energy, sex life great. I should have done this years ago. Doc is trying to talk me into pellets. Only draw back I can see is the slow wear off. Feel like Im more likely to dip at the end of the pellet life. I may just stick with injections and go to compound cyp.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Started on 100mcg over 3 weeks ago, bumped my self up to 125-150 and I have to say it has completely changed my life.
I've got to tell you even more good news, that at 100-150mcgs per week that 10ml bottle is going to last you a long long time!!!Very cost effective!!:laugh: ....jk

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And please don't go the pellet route, i've read nothing but unhappy things about people who have gone that route.

mr athlete

Awards
Im going to do some serious digging around on the pellets before I decide.