32 y/o male, never taken anything - looking for advice.

rkd80

Awards
Hi folks,

I realize this is my first post here, but I have been doing lots of research on my newly discovered blood work and end up on this forum all the time by accident - might as well ask and see what happens.

My story is somewhat straight forward, but it has taken a complicated twist.

- For half my life I had a peculiar problem, I could not heal. I have chronic joint/muscle aches in my neck, shoulder, right bicep, right achilles. All were related to some kind of sports trauma. I have 2 surgeries on my shoulder to no avail. I have tried every damn treatment possible: chrio, accupuncture, cortizone, surgery, non-stop PT, creams, supps, etc.
- Despite my constant trips to the gym, I could never pack muscle. I am 6'1, have been around 170lb for the past 10 years. Does not matter what I ate or did not eat.
- Could never grow a bushy beard, patches on face, weird.
- Started developing annoying ED problems. As I grew older they became more obvious and more frustrating. I just met a wonderful new girl and my stuff aint working at all. Libido is there (for now), but does not work.
- I have been having very painful and annoying testicular pain for the past 2.5 years. At first Urology recognized Prostatitis and put me on anti-biotics, but the pain never went away.

- Around 14 months ago I was getting tired of all the pain and lousy life and switched to Paleo.

I have been strict Paleo for the most part. Results:
- Leaned out a bit
- All inflammation and pain got better (but definitely still exists)
- More energy, I drink no caffeine.
- No stomach issues, no digestion problems, everything is great in that department.

However the ED and testicular pain continued to bother me. The muscle/joint aches are still bothersome and prevent me from enjoying my life. Now there are two additional issues.

- Sleep is HORRIBLE. I wake up at 2am and 5am every night After 5am I cannot fall back asleep. It is horrible and been happening for years.
- No morning erections. Just gone completely. Maybe related to sleep, I don't know.
- Not an issue per se, but very dry scalp. I no longer use chemicals (shampoo, body washes) and just do natural baking soda once in a while. Yet the hair continues to recede and dandruff does not go away.

So I went to my PCP to get a basic blood work panel done.

- Free Test: 361 Range: 350-1200
SHBG: 51 Range: 13-90 (really??)
Albumin: 3.9 Range: 3.5-5
Calc Free T: 196 Range: > 225
Viamin D: 29

I have been taking fish oil and D3, zinc (30mg) and magnesium (400mg) for a while. I lift heavy at the gym. I do hiit/sprints. Since I am paleo I eat tons of cholesterol, fat and protein. I am not really low carb, according to food journal roughly 70-100grams a day.

My PCP was a bit stunned by the numbers and I am off to Urology.

There is one tiny caveat worth mentioning. The test she had me do was at 3pm, not in the morning.

So few questions for u awesome people.

1) Because the test was taken at 3pm, will my numbers be wildly off when I take them again?
2) Is it fair to assume that I have been living a naturally T raising life style for the past year and if my numbers are this low, they would have been lower still or can Paleo cause this?
3) When I do see the urologist, what should I ask for? I assume everything u guys always mention? Dhea-S, e2, fsh, etc. What about cortisol? PSA?
4) I won't be seeing him for another month, but the ED and the testicular pain are killing me. Anything I can try in the meantime to alleviate the symptoms? (Naturally speaking)

Any advice would be appreciated!!!

EDIT: I forgot to mention that a year ago TSH was VERY VERY low, with elevated T3. 6 months later I had it tested again and it was normalized.

vassille

Awards
Check growth hormone and IGF, thyroid levels. Not sleeping is bad

titanelmo

titanelmo

Awards
Have you ever used stimulants at recommended doses for an extended period of time, or abused them. Adderal, etc? Amphetamines?

Depleted Adrenal glands can cause hormone issues, and horrible sleep issues.

rkd80

Awards
Absolutely nothing of that sort. Was never on any medication other than the occasion anti-biotics for strep when I was younger. Used to get sick very frequently, but ever since going Paleo all diseases have stopped.

How does one check for depleted adrenals?

titanelmo

titanelmo

Awards
Absolutely nothing of that sort. Was never on any medication other than the occasion anti-biotics for strep when I was younger. Used to get sick very frequently, but ever since going Paleo all diseases have stopped.

How does one check for depleted adrenals?
I did it a while ago, I think four years ago. Was going to an alternative general practice doctor who seemed to focus on allergies, and prescriptions as cause of many problems. I forget if it was a saliva test or if it was a test where you put your poop once a day for like three days in a vile. (i did both at the same time to check for gluetun intolance , adrenals, and more)

But either way you ship it off to a lab and they send you the results in a week or so.

Ends up I was allergic to gluten.

If your extremely stressed with no sleep it could be adrenals.

But I wouldn't bother with adrenal test if you haven't abused Coffee , energy drink, Pre workout Supp, or amphetamines.

Peace brother