New HRT protocol with clomid restart

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I'll keep it brief- I am 24. Been on androderm patch TRT for 6 months now. Levels gone from 288-600 but still feel not GREAT- better but not great. And my body composition and energy/sex drive is starting to return to undesirable levels.

I saw a new doctor today, a urologist. He is convinced my issues stem from an eating disorder and experimenting with winstrol and PH's at age 19 thus damaging my pituitary.

He has discussed with me the reasoning behind STOPPING my test patch and trying a restart.
Week 1-2: 2mg androderm patch+50mg clomid EOD

week 3-4:50mg clomid ED.
Then test all blood levels.

From here he will assess whether hcg, hsg, and arimidex r needed. Or any combination.

Goals- to get OFF test therapy bc I'm so young, restore natural production to a healthy level, restore any lost fertility.

Thoughts on this plan of action? THANK YOU!

I've been reading about clomid and am ok with the idea of it- I am TERRIFIED of coming off test and ceasing all additional supplementation... I want to take something like a full PCT since I'm coming off test- but I don't want to skew any results! Help me discern this... Thanks

lboston

lboston

Awards
Sounds like you have a good doc in that urologist.
If it were me, I'd stick with his protocol and see how it goes.
I was on clomid per my urologist at the time and test went from 190s to almost 800.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like you have a good doc in that urologist.
If it were me, I'd stick with his protocol and see how it goes.
I was on clomid per my urologist at the time and test went from 190s to almost 800.
Wow that's a big jump! My biggest concern is estradiol rising in conjunction w test. But I know that it didnt rise at all really from the test patches so I'm hoping it won't with the clomid as well.

I'm not sure how fast acting this stuff is but I felt like a million bucks yesterday about 4 hours after initial dose. Crazy confidence and sex drive. I'm on EOD protocol for the next 13 days so well see how today is without it- but I know the half life is 5-7 days so that's very comforting!

lboston

lboston

Awards
Wow that's a big jump! My biggest concern is estradiol rising in conjunction w test. But I know that it didnt rise at all really from the test patches so I'm hoping it won't with the clomid as well.

I'm not sure how fast acting this stuff is but I felt like a million bucks yesterday about 4 hours after initial dose. Crazy confidence and sex drive. I'm on EOD protocol for the next 13 days so well see how today is without it- but I know the half life is 5-7 days so that's very comforting!
With clomid, E2 is hard to manage, but the guy I saw prescribed Adex for that.
Good luck man-keep us posted.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
With clomid, E2 is hard to manage, but the guy I saw prescribed Adex for that.
Good luck man-keep us posted.
Yea he is very willing to do that if/when the time comes. And i am familiar w estrogen sides so I'll monitor closely

I am almost nervous for a successful restart- what makes it certain that my body will continue to produce all the necessary hormones once I stop using these drugs?

bigradar03

Awards
hay brotha, how is your progress with clomid? im also trying to reset my hormones.

crc32

Awards
I did something similar, and just posted an update in another thread. My levels were at ~500 with androgel, and dropped to 35 when I stopped. Even at 500, I only felt OK.

Went on the clomid, and now I'm up to 1038, and feeling GREAT.

I'm 34, so a bit older, but the clomid has worked wonders.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I did something similar, and just posted an update in another thread. My levels were at ~500 with androgel, and dropped to 35 when I stopped. Even at 500, I only felt OK.

Went on the clomid, and now I'm up to 1038, and feeling GREAT.

I'm 34, so a bit older, but the clomid has worked wonders.

Wow 1038! One can dream!! I got blood done wed so I'll know soon. How was your estradiol tho? And where did u go once you stopped clomid? I'm off now- the emotional sides have been a nightmare

crc32

Awards
Haven't stopped. I think the doc intends to keep me on it indefinitely. Maybe slowly taper over months. Estradiol is in the 50s, because I take an AI. I wonder if that has helped minimize any sides. Been on it since February.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i had tried a cloid restart a couple times and it did nothing :-( got me to liek 300 test from liek 20

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haven't stopped. I think the doc intends to keep me on it indefinitely. Maybe slowly taper over months. Estradiol is in the 50s, because I take an AI. I wonder if that has helped minimize any sides. Been on it since February.

Interesting. You lucky you can tolerate the emo sides. I'm sure the AI is helping. He is probably going to give me one, either adex or aromasin , I'm hoping for aromasin

nyricanff2b

Awards
Also very interested in this thread. Please keep us updated and good luck bro!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yea good luck brotha!!! hope it works out for u , i still think about trying another restart but im afraid of feeling like **** with no test

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok so just got off the phone with him- he's faxing the full results but briefed me by saying total test was 864

E2- 70- high but he likes to see a better than 10:1 ratio which I am at... I told him I stopped taking clomid last week and noticed diminishing emo sides he said that's good and probably means e2 is dropping

LH was elevated ( expected with clomid ) and he wants to recheck me 2-3 weeks.

Gave me the green light to restart clomid if needed if I start feeling low t symptoms return.

And then possibly entertain an AI if he e2 hasn't dropped In 2-3 weeks.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm wondering if I should hit up my clomid 50mg daily or even 25.. And throw in erase then get bloods in 3 weeks.... Could make for an interssting experiment- BUT I COULD POTENTIALLY BLOW chances of getting an RX AI if the numbers come back preferable!.... Thoughts?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That is a thorough work up. Good doc
LOL I ORDERED THE LABS ! He gave me the sheet at my first visit. He goes "after. 4 weeks full out the tests u need and send me the results.

He did this bc we talked for a good hour and he knew i know what I'm doing. I wanted to check magnesium bc I know it's important for muscle health and function. I couldn't find the test to check my zinc levels tho. And vitamin d wasn't gonna be covered under the diagnostic code he had to use