Inject site?

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Does it matter where to inject? My Dr said butt but the Pharmacy said shoulder..? I should go as deep as I can with th needle right?

Thankful for help, I'm a little confused...

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
I like 25g 5/8" for the delts, and 25g 1" for quads. For me? glutes is for if you have somebody else to inject, otherwise this guy doesn't mess with that area. If its injected into a muscle? same difference, all muscles are the same...not like the glutes have any special fibers in there specific for "injecting/absorbing better" :D just go to the hilt and get in there deep enough. and aspirate for christs sake!

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
Does it matter where to inject? My Dr said butt but the Pharmacy said shoulder..? I should go as deep as I can with th needle right?

Glutes for me. Delts became sore after injections. I 'll bet each person is different.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
And it shouldn't matter where in the clutes I injecting as long as I go deep right? I can't inject "wrong" in the clutes right?!

Thanks guys for getting back to me :)

bigt405

bigt405

Awards
I always go with my quads, but I think it is mostly personal preference.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
Glutes for me. Delts became sore after injections. I 'll bet each person is different.
I find its the gear itself that causes pain for me, not the area. If its painful in the delt its painful in the ass, if its nice and smooth in the delt its nice and smooth in the glute. some injectibles are made with more irritants than others....prop is murder on me for instance in any area of the body. I'm sore for a week until the next injection. This deca I'm using? Karachi Organon deca-durabolin, is nice and smooth and painless.

I always go with my quads, but I think it is mostly personal preference.
I like quads, but damn it seems like there are so many veins running through that area....freaks me out sometimes. I know that using the upper region is much better with less chance of punching through or into a vein.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
And it shouldn't matter where in the clutes I injecting as long as I go deep right? I can't inject "wrong" in the clutes right?!

Thanks guys for getting back to me :)
you could hit the sciatic nerve.....and THAT would be unfortunate :D.

bulk88

bulk88

Awards
I hated doing my quads tried it once and never again! Lol only stuck to delts and glutes only hit a nerve once in my delt felt weird but nothing bad

kmfj

Awards
first of all it would hurt like a mfcker, and second it could cause permanent damage.
I saw a buddy get hit in the sciatic nerve once. He was really skinny though. Dropped him like a rock and he screamed for about three days. I laughed my butt off but knew it was very painful.

kmfj

Awards
I am on doc prescribed trt right now. I started in the quads. The injection in my right quad was not painful but very sore for a few days after. Left quad was never a problem. I have an idea for what was going on the right quad but that is for a later post. Recently I decided to try glutes. I prepare everything as usual and then alcohol the area I want to inject. I take another swab and put it on the end of my finger and push really hard where I want to inject. This leaves a "white" mark that gives me a target in the glute without having to worry about the nerve issue. I hit the right side with right arm and left with left. I generally use a 23 for this because it just takes too long with anything smaller.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Glutes with a 25g for me with alternating cheeks each time. I go about 1/2 way with the needle depth. No need to drive that thing in all the way.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
I saw a buddy get hit in the sciatic nerve once. He was really skinny though. Dropped him like a rock and he screamed for about three days. I laughed my butt off but knew it was very painful.
Thats how it usually goes.....the skinny guys have a much greater chance of hitting the sciatic. Guys with medium to large sized backsides, whether all muscle or the usual muscle/fat mix, have less of a chance with more cushioning :D

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I injected in my shoulder today, I don't understand why I thought that would be scary, it went really smooth :) Easier than butt

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
I injected in my shoulder today, I don't understand why I thought that would be scary, it went really smooth :) Easier than butt
right on. Welcome to the "delt crew" lol :D

kmfj

Awards
right on. Welcome to the "delt crew" lol :D
I inject my shoulders with a B12 complex and it makes my shoulder ache like hell for about a day. Its only 1ml but still aches. That worries me about the test. One way to find out though.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards

How much are you injecting? I find more than 2ml in my delts and quads a bit much giving me a slight ache.

Unless I'm using slin or gh I use a 23g or 25g at 1" straight buried to the hilt.

You can also massage it into the muscle a little bit. Seems to help.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
How much are you injecting? I find more than 2ml in my delts and quads a bit much giving me a slight ache.

Unless I'm using slin or gh I use a 23g or 25g at 1" straight buried to the hilt.

You can also massage it into the muscle a little bit. Seems to help.
yeah I do only 1cc or 1 1/2cc for each delt, once a week if I can on each side. 5/8" to the hilt works fine for me, but my delts are much smaller than my chest and traps which are quite large, not that far to go to get in there good.