27 Years Old, Low Free and Total T (Other Labs Included)

spheric

Awards
Hey!

So this is my first post on this forum, but been lurking for a while. I could REALLY use your guys' expertise to help me out.

A little about myself: I'm 27 years old, was diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome about 4 years ago. It's not too bad, but gets in my way sometimes. Been on and off various types of 'treatment' for it. Mostly antibiotics for a recurring pneumonia. Also an SSRI for a little over a year and various stimulants (i.e. Adderall, Dexedrine, Ritalin, etc.). I am off of everything right now except for Focalin XR and various supplements like Magnesium and Fish Oil, stuff like that.

I've been having some low testosterone problems for a while now. I thought maybe it was caused by the SSRI, with it's effects on the hypothalamus, altering MR/GR, etc. There's a couple studies floating around with ssri users having low free T vs controls. I've been off of my ssri (lexapro) for about 3-4 months now, but still have low T. Anyway... to get to the main labs (I have more labs as well, but don't want to spam the forum):

Testost., % Free+Weakly Bound29
9.0-46.0%
Testost., F+W Bound104.1
40.0-250.0ng/dL
Testosterone, Serum359
348-1197ng/dL
Free Testosterone(Direct)10.1
9.3-26.5pg/mL

Fsh Serum2.4
1.5-12.4mIU/mL
Sex Horm Binding Glob, Serum26.6
16.5-55.9nmol/L
Lh4.2
1.7-8.6mIU/mL

Estradiol25.6
7.6-42.6pg/mL
Estrone, Serum8112 to 72pg/mL

DHEA-S455.9
160-449ug/dl
Progesterone0.8
0.2-1.4ng/mL
Prolactin6.1
4.0-15.2ng/mL

Prostate Specific Ag, Serum0.7
0.0-4.0ng/mL
Homocysteine7.5
0 - 15.0umol/l
Ferritin Serum52
30 - 400ng/mL

I don't have it with me, but my TSH was something like .97, I've had thyroid checked a ton of times. FT3, FT4, RT3 always comes back good. FT3 always in the upper range.

I'm really just not sure what exactly to do. As you can my free and serum T are at the very very bottom of the range. FSH is on the lower end too. It's obvously secondary hypo. I'm just looking for some advice from people more experienced than I am with hormone stuff. Does this warrant TRT? Should I try to run an AI for awhile? HcG?

ANY advice or recommendations would be awesome and much appreciated. Let me know if anyone needs some more information.

Thanks guys!

PaulBlack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
What has your doctor(s) said about the test results and or combinations of the other drugs/antibiotics/antidepressants and your physical condition?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
cfs is a bs diagnosis because Doctors are taught in school to treat symptoms not the root cause. I see these cases on a daily basis referred from medical professionals because they are stumped. When the root cause was something usually simple over looked. Start with the simple life style changes while exploring deeper cellular and other hidden stressors.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
cfs is a bs diagnosis because Doctors are taught in school to treat symptoms not the root cause. I see these cases on a daily basis referred from medical professionals because they are stumped. When the root cause was something usually simple over looked. Start with the simple life style changes while exploring deeper cellular and other hidden stressors.

Good stuff. I like your thinking kiddo and your apparent search to get to an actual root cause, instead of simple paint by numbers text book references.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
its called common.sense and most.logically. 2 of the factors often over looked in traditional approaches. Average time.to see and endo is about 15-20 mins. To take proper history takes least an.hour not including looking at.previous labs...Then leaving with a lab sheet of 4-5 test being told to.come back in 3 months. In.the.mean time ones qol goes to he'll in a hand basket. Then we ask why we have such a health epidemic ...

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
so what do you recommend looking at?
Depends what one finds on intake of history and current symptoms to aid in the proper pathology of the issues. Once doing this long enough it just becomes instinctive which is usually right..Don't as how it just happens...Hard to explain.