Blood Tests In The UK ?

taggs

Awards
I’m based in the UK and very interested in getting a full set of bloods done, testosterone, prolactin, DHEA etc. I mentioned it to my GP and I swear as I’m not unwell she had no real idea what I was on about, the guys in the states seem to have a multitude of tests to pick from and easy access to them, but here it appears to be the opposite.
If anyone can recommend a UK based company and the type of test a guy in his forties should be considering I would be very grateful.

acidvoodoo

Awards
Tell me about it mate, even if you go in with Symptoms, you have to beg for your life for them to check just testosterone, which costs them £7.

I'm not sure where you are based, there isn't a ton of choice and it isn't cheap, but i'll tell you the options I've found. If you live near manchester or London there are a few things worth knowing about, otherwise, do you live near a spire or nuffield private hospital? There is a company blue horizon medicals that allows you to get private bloodwork through them, they act as your GP so your NHS GP has nothing to do with it and it doesn't go on record etc, although the results are legit so if there is a problem you can bring the results to your GP. I've not used the service yet but I plan to soon as ive been doing self prescribed clomid.

Anyway for Nuffield the website is privatebloodtestsDOTcom

For spire it is privatebloodtestsDOTco.uk

Pricing is different for each, and they tend to have different profiles. the websites are a bit **** but what can you do. Nuffield has a Investigation of Hirsutism profile, which even though aimed at women, has LH; FSH; PROL; Testosterone; SHBG; FAI; DHEAS which is all the stuff you'd want

Its all about how much you are willing to spend really. I don't see why your GP won't test you for basic stuff like full blood count, thyroid, kidney, liver, Vitamin B12, Folate, Vitamin D etc

taggs

Awards
Cheers mate I'll check them out, the guys across the pond appear to be able to have a shed load of levels tested , I'm happy to pay its just finding the right company, we are well behind here.

acidvoodoo

Awards
I know, I envy the amount of times I read about "recently on my annual bloodwork check up...."

If I had that kind of info I would know my healthy baseline scores!

You prolly know this but any hormone bloodraws, aim to do them around 9am fasted

Doorstepdaz

Doorstepdaz

Awards
I know it's an old thread but I've found an online pharmacy in the uk that's Nhs registered, can write prescriptions and tests for low testosterone for £25. I haven't used them yet as I have an appointment with my GP next week and I'm going to try and get a test from him. Did a shot of test c last week so will be 2 weeks off when I see him.

Here's the website
Pharmacy2u (I don't have enough posts to put a url)

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
I know it's an old thread but I've found an online pharmacy in the uk that's Nhs registered, can write prescriptions and tests for low testosterone for £25. I haven't used them yet as I have an appointment with my GP next week and I'm going to try and get a test from him. Did a shot of test c last week so will be 2 weeks off when I see him.

Here's the website
Pharmacy2u (I don't have enough posts to put a url)
Will look them up

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I use TDL labs or Biolabs for testing for clients in U.K. For urine I use Precison hormone 24 hour from Regenerus

ozzie1987

ozzie1987

Awards
Subbed. Great info. Can a urine test provide accurate results for test etc? Or is bloods the way to go?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Subbed. Great info. Can a urine test provide accurate results for test etc? Or is bloods the way to go?
Depends on the the skill of the practitioner.

I have very good working relationships with Precision and know Carrie (Dr Jones) medical director very well.
She is very smart when it comes to hormones.