My TRT story

Bigred474

Awards
I spent about four months researching my options and speaking with my doctor. And I am still learning how my body responds, but I wanted to pass on my experience for those who might be on the fence as I was.

41 yr old male
6ft 238lbs. My fat was stomach chest
Low energy, low sex drive, depressed, moody, inability to focus

I asked my doc about trt and had a blood test. I was at 214.

He said I was normal and recommended an antidepressant. I declined.
I continued research on my own.

A co worker of mine got testicular cancer and had one testical removed. His endo doc had him tested at he was at 286, and his endo doc put him on trt therapy.

So, I go back to my doc and quiz him about this and other things I learned since my first visit. He was not going to have anything to do with trt. Everything I read, here and elsewhere pointed to low test issues for me. Where I live there are no options for trt, so I ended up going through an anti aging clinic a few states away from me.

I got a full physical, blood test.

Test low
HGH low
Est high normal
Cholesterol tad high
Bunch other tests done, nothing bad going on with my thyroid or gonads.

So, after all that, my local doc doesn't see a reason to do trt.

So I am left with the personal decision to go forward with the anti aging clinic. They of course wanted to sell me everything. Test HGH etc etc

I wanted to evaluate each program by itself. See what effect it had, and if any issues came up it would be easier to point to cause if I am only doing one program at a time.

I am at my 20 week mark.

I shoot 1cc test a week, Ana pill 2 times week, hcg 2 times week, and b12 once week.

I started working out four months before the trt therapy, and still go 4 -5 times a week. I cleaned up my diet as well.

I am down to 225 lbs, and that includes putting on some decent muscle mass. Above all, I feel human again. It took about six weeks for this "fog" to lift. I got so use to feeling run down, I forgot what it was like to feel energized.

This has been the best decision of my life. I am engaged with life again and not just watching it go by.

So my two cents, its your life, get informed and make the decision you feel is best for your situation.

Thanks to all the great posters on this forum. Your insight was invaluable to me.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the first hand account man. Glad it's working out so well for you!

murk01

murk01

Awards
thanks for sharing . good story. i was also considering anti aging clinic. dont know if insurance covers it

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Where do you live at? Curious about your clinic situation.

Bigred474

Awards
thanks for sharing . good story. i was also considering anti aging clinic. dont know if insurance covers it
My insurance did not cover, but my 20 week program was about 1400.00 dollars.

Bigred474

Awards
Where do you live at? Curious about your clinic situation.
I updated my profile with location, but my tablet is having fits trying to fix rest of my profile. Since I had nothing close to me, within 100 miles, I simply called several clinics nationwide and picked the one that spent the most time informing me and answering my questions without trying to give me the quick sale routine. The one I choose spent no less than three months speaking and emailing with me.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
generally they don't, and the price differential they charge is enough to make it worthwhile to spend the money out of pocket to visit a doctor that your insurance will cover instead....

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
generally they don't, and the price differential they charge is enough to make it worthwhile to spend the money out of pocket to visit a doctor that your insurance will cover instead....
THis is a cookie cutter approach which antiaging clinics use as a protocol not individualized. What is right for some one else is not right for you. I do not believe in protocols as they are just a one stop shop which can end up causing you more money in the long run. I see it on a weekly basis.

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
THis is a cookie cutter approach which antiaging clinics use as a protocol not individualized. What is right for some one else is not right for you. I do not believe in protocols as they are just a one stop shop which can end up causing you more money in the long run. I see it on a weekly basis.
I spoke to an HRT clinic and they didn't real care what my test levels were as long as I had symptoms, the guy I spoke to was a total salesman, he said they just needed my blood before they could start the script

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah good story and it is cool that you take an interest instead of just accepting what one doctor tells you. I am not sure why some are hesitant to look further into TRT for men. I mean it is becoming a pretty big issue. What I also find kinda funny is, that some wnat to interject all the supposed bad stuff about it, but they don't care how bad certain side effects are with some of the drugs they just dole out. WTF is up with that!?