Estradiol Sensitive Test Results

willnorthwest

Awards
Hello everyone, I would like to get some feedback here.
I have been on TRT for only a month now. My doctor never gave me an inital Estrogen test so I went and had one done. My results came back at 9 pg/mL on a scale of 3-70. I have heard that men on TRT should have their scores in the teens or twenties. Is my E2 too low? I havent taken any AI's, so I know my score couldnt be a result of that. A friend told me that people with lower body fat ratios usually have low Estrogen levels, is this true? Im 33 years old, 6'1, 200lbs, 34 inch waist, and body fat around 10% or less. Original testosterone score was 218.
So, do I need to worry about this test score, or should i be okay?

CaptnCaveman

CaptnCaveman

Banned
Awards
Hello everyone, I would like to get some feedback here.
I have been on TRT for only a month now. My doctor never gave me an inital Estrogen test so I went and had one done. My results came back at 9 pg/mL on a scale of 3-70. I have heard that men on TRT should have their scores in the teens or twenties. Is my E2 too low? I havent taken any AI's, so I know my score couldnt be a result of that. A friend told me that people with lower body fat ratios usually have low Estrogen levels, is this true? Im 33 years old, 6'1, 200lbs, 34 inch waist, and body fat around 10% or less. Original testosterone score was 218.
So, do I need to worry about this test score, or should i be okay?

Depends on whether you're having any negative side effects associated with low e, such as loss of libido or erection problems, super dry achey joints, depression/anxiety. Everyone's body chemistry is different, so your level might have been the same as now before you started trt, but since you never got a baseline you can't know for sure. As long as you feel good I wouldn't worry.

peabody

Awards
There is also the question of whether the sensitive test is giving you valid results. In theory it should be more accurate than the standard test, but a number of men have gotten nonsensical low values from it. So I think CaptnCaveman is right that you probably shouldn't worry about it unless you actually have symptoms. And sometime it might be interesting to see what you get from the standard test.