Status
Not open for further replies.
ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Just curious to hear some opinions/advice/input/info about the differences between the TRT pellet implant vs the TRT gels like Axiron or any of the others. I'm currently taking Axiron gel with no complaints but my doc keeps mentioning to think about using these new pellets. What would the differences be if any? Which one gives better results? Which one has a higher risk for lowering sperm count? Which one has a higher risk of increasing my estrogen levels? Which one has more possible side effect? Thanks guys and info would be greatly appreciated!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Injections are the way to go in all honesty. Much easier, cheaper and convenient IMO.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My doc won't do the injections for me so it's either the gels or pellets. Looking for some advice and comparisons between the two. Thanks!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IME a good compounded cream is best. It more closely simulates our natural circadian rhythm and rarely needs an AI as there is hardly any aromatization if at all. Creams can elevate DHT for some. Downside - daily applications and cross contamination.

Injections are most convenient but often require an AI but is preferred by most.

CaptnCaveman

CaptnCaveman

Banned
Awards
IME a good compounded cream is best. It more closely simulates our natural circadian rhythm and rarely needs an AI as there is hardly any aromatization if at all. Creams can elevate DHT for some. Downside - daily applications and cross contamination.

Injections are most convenient but often require an AI but is preferred by most.
David Dunn, just curious why there is hardly any aromatization with the bio identical creams and a fair amount with the shots?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have u looked Into patches? That's what I'm on and had zero estrogen sides.. More convenient and effective than gel IMO , having tried and hated androgel 1.62

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I actually haven't looked into the patches yet. My doc hasn't suggested that and I have not heard of them before. Which one are you on?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I actually haven't looked into the patches yet. My doc hasn't suggested that and I have not heard of them before. Which one are you on?
Androderm 2mg. I went as high as 4 but it raised my t "too much". I started at 280 total test and very little free. After 5 months I'm at ~700 total and 570 free with no estrogen sides to speak of. Opposite actually, elimination in slight gyno I had as part of low T

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
Androderm 2mg. I went as high as 4 but it raised my t "too much". I started at 280 total test and very little free. After 5 months I'm at ~700 total and 570 free with no estrogen sides to speak of. Opposite actually, elimination in slight gyno I had as part of low T
are you satisfied with 700? I am up to 687 (20 hours after last application) on 8 pumps androgel 1%. Not bad considering I actually apply 9 pumps and put one on my balls and one on the penis for DHT production and that probably lessens my test #'s since 2 pumps are directed in a different direction than testosterone. Not bad for androgel, but I was thinking "should I be satisfied with this #"???? You get 2 extra days at 8 pumps since the prescription is a 30 day supply, plus if you use the "first three pumps" you get another 2 pumps per bottle there X4 bottles per month....it all adds up to easily 9 pumps per day and you end up with an extra bottle every few months since they seem to overfill them big time. Also they let me fill it every 24 days and you gain there too. I like the gel, especially because of all the "extra" you get, but it gets me up in the 700's which is decent. I also use andractim as an adjunct to the androgel, probably DHT overload...but I like my DHT and my hair is standing up fine with the azelaic acid/minoxidil + EOD nizoral protocol. But just saying that the androgel gets a bad rap with you guys, I think it works well for what it is. Compounded creams are probably better, but if my insurance covers androgel? I'll use it instead of all the goddamn pinning.

bigt405

bigt405

Awards
I used the Androderm patches till my insurance quit covering them. I never had any issues with them. If your insurance will cover them that is the route I would take. If not I would look into the self administered shots.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
But just saying that the androgel gets a bad rap with you guys, I think it works well for what it is. Compounded creams are probably better, but if my insurance covers androgel? I'll use it instead of all the goddamn pinning.
If you like bathing in alcohol then androgel is the way to go :D

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
David Dunn, just curious why there is hardly any aromatization with the bio identical creams and a fair amount with the shots?
No peaks and valleys but rather steady daily, low level, elevation of total test keeps aromatization low. I believe there is not enough testosterone available (applied) at any one time to be able to cause over aromatization of testosterone to estrogen. I am not an expert.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
If you like bathing in alcohol then androgel is the way to go :D
that is a lot of gel every day....and don't get it on ultra-sensitive areas either (like maybe the head of your penis), because that alcohol hurts like a motherf'er ;) But hey, for me the ends justifies the means....it raises me to 700-800's if I use 8-9 pumps in the appropriate areas. It becomes just another daily chore after a while, like brushing your teeth or washing your face. Eventually I'm sure I'll get the shyts of it and switch to injections.........

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
that is a lot of gel every day....and don't get it on ultra-sensitive areas either (like maybe the head of your penis), because that alcohol hurts like a motherf'er ;) But hey, for me? the means justifies the ends....it raises me to 700-800's if I use 8-9 pumps in the appropriate areas. It becomes just another daily chore after a while, like brushing your teeth or washing your face. Eventually I'm sure I'll get the shyts of it and switch to injections.........
Been there done that - never again. Compounded cream was much better but as you said insurance did not cover it. But it was only $130 for 2 months supply whic is half of two months co-pays.

BTW - the appropriate areas are no where near my junk so "I" have never had to worry getting in on my penis...just sayin' ;)

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
Been there done that - never again. Compounded cream was much better but as you said insurance did not cover it. But it was only $130 for 2 months supply whic is half of two months co-pays.

BTW - the appropriate areas are no where near my junk so "I" have never had to worry getting in on my penis...just sayin' ;)
I know you won't believe me....but honest to god after 3 months of one pump androgel and one full fingertip of andractim per day on the peepee ? 1/4 inch growth erect length. And this is from a non believer lol. I always believed growth via topical supplement was scientifically impossible.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
btw I apply one pump on underside of forearms rubbing them together...one each delt /trap....one upper chest...one each side of upper groin area....one split on top of feet...and the two man region pumps. Works well for spreading it out and for total test #'s

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know you won't believe me....but honest to god after 3 months of one pump androgel and one full fingertip of andractim per day on the peepee ? 1/4 inch growth erect length. And this is from a non believer lol. I always believed growth via topical supplement was scientifically impossible.
I believe you. That 1/4" is probably very important to a...tape measure ;)

BTW - erections are not just for measuring :D

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I believe you. That 1/4" is probably very important to a...tape measure ;)

BTW - erections are not just for measuring :D
Reminds me of the old.boner chart...lol.
Have. girl give you a good hummer make.ones junk grow easily an inch ....
one can always pull on it harder next time ..

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I think the last time I took a ruler to my junk was when I was about 16. I don't know how you notice a 1/4".

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
Yeah, I think the last time I took a ruler to my junk was when I was about 16. I don't know how you notice a 1/4".
You would notice it by the tape measure going from say 6 3/4" to 7" for instance. It is "more" which scientifically equals noticeable .....but yeah i rarely measure myself. But if your trying out a "science experiment" to figure out if these claims are legit ? yeah you would have to take measurements. i think some of you feel inadequate and don't want to know :D

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You would notice it by the tape measure going from say 6 3/4" to 7" for instance. It is "more" which scientifically equals noticeable .....but yeah i rarely measure myself. But if your trying out a "science experiment" to figure out if these claims are legit ? yeah you would have to take measurements. i think some of you feel inadequate and don't want to know :D
How many cokc pushups (wet towel) can you do to form failure? What's your 1RM?

:D

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You would notice it by the tape measure going from say 6 3/4" to 7" for instance. It is "more" which scientifically equals noticeable .....but yeah i rarely measure myself. But if your trying out a "science experiment" to figure out if these claims are legit ? yeah you would have to take measurements. I think some of you feel inadequate and don't want to know :D
Several points regarding this 'measured' increase:

Vasodilating substances can increase blood flow and volume to said member
The time you maintain stimulation can increase the vasodilation and increase length

My point more bluntly is that the longer you continue to pull on that thing can increase to variosu degrees the length and girth of your erection regardless. I tend to believe that you spent way too much time on preparing your specimen to conduct your "debunk science science experiement" and it has skewed you numbers. More directly - you just keep on pumping it until you sqeeze out that last 1/4". Jeeze I can do that and different number from day to day.

Another give away about your obsession with the length of your penis is when you confirmed the tape measure usage. Every penis envy victim knows that you use a tape measure and not a ruler. Your also not supposed to use your sphincter as the start point.

The "for instance random numbers" you just dropped on us...this thread has just become pretty creepy in far too many ways.

Every post of your wreaks of lube and or jiz.
OUT!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Or we are grown ups that aren't insecure about that extra 1/4" regardless of whether we are normal or smaller/larger. I swear, some people around here really think about their dick and balls too much.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
How many cokc pushups (wet towel) can you do to form failure? What's your 1RM?

:D
hahaha, I am TOTALLY not into the whole dick workout stuff...that is insane. I am fine with what size I have, no problems there where I need to risk injury or make a complete idiot of myself. BUT since I was using androgel and andractim together along with many other HRT goodies....I figured why not put it on my dick and measure before and after? I was intending on application to my balls anyways for the DHT, so and extra serving on the dick? no big deal....well it turned out to be a big deal afterall but you know :D.........

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
Several points regarding this 'measured' increase:

Vasodilating substances can increase blood flow and volume to said member
The time you maintain stimulation can increase the vasodilation and increase length

My point more bluntly is that the longer you continue to pull on that thing can increase to variosu degrees the length and girth of your erection regardless. I tend to believe that you spent way too much time on preparing your specimen to conduct your "debunk science science experiement" and it has skewed you numbers. More directly - you just keep on pumping it until you sqeeze out that last 1/4". Jeeze I can do that and different number from day to day.

Another give away about your obsession with the length of your penis is when you confirmed the tape measure usage. Every penis envy victim knows that you use a tape measure and not a ruler. Your also not supposed to use your sphincter as the start point.

The "for instance random numbers" you just dropped on us...this thread has just become pretty creepy in far too many ways.

Every post of your wreaks of lube and or jiz.
OUT!
hardy har har! :D see above reply! as to the vasolidation issue, yes I was taking some yohimbe which can and will make erections stronger. So i ceased that for a few days and re-measured...still 1/4" bigger. and if anything? androgel and andractim have a negative and/or neutral effect on my libido/erection. So its not any of that HRT stuff making it pumped full of more blood. But I thought of that myself, and hey maybe it is just that...I'll have to measure many more times under different controls and get back with you. Hey you asked for it this time........

Status
Not open for further replies.