Anybody had success with a restart?

pillsRgood

pillsRgood

Awards
  • Established
Im doing some research, so I have information to present to my Endo when she comes back with my test results and suggests a restart. My question is for those that have actually done a restart...
Did it work for the longer term, not just for 6-8 months?
Im not looking to get back to my 20's in terms of test levels, but if I could get back into the 400 range for more than just during the administration of the drugs I would be happy...I also dont want to be at 400 only to slide back to 200's 8 months later, whats the point of that?!

napalm

napalm

Awards
I was on clomid for 3 mo prior to starting cyp, did nothing for me. I'd like to see long term data as well, personally, I think it's waste of time and money...

pillsRgood

pillsRgood

Awards
  • Established
Thats what Im hoping to gather from others... I dont want to get to a 500 level only to drop back to 200 in 8 months. No freaking point. The only reason why my endo will prob suggest the restart method is because she knows me and the wife want to start for kids this year. From the research that I have been doing, it seems as if use of hcg from start of trt throughout keeps fertility issues at bay. My hope is to bring this argument to light when she calls in two days with her suggestion of hcg only idea. ... My battle plan is to present that hcg only is temporary at best and that trt+hcg is the way to go. I figure that I will hopefully get on this combo for 3-4 months, test fertility and either continue if fertile or restart if not...what you all think?

napalm

napalm

Awards
If she's hell bent on having you do a restart, look up the side effects and say you're having them.

Worked for me...

pillsRgood

pillsRgood

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I will def do that. She originally suggested a Clomid only, and I stated my fear of the emotional swings. she then said road 2 will prob be the way to go, HCG only...

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Address the person not the hormones. Find out why you are low in the first place by doing proper evaluation by looking at case history and possible underlying pathology. So many people get high then crash because you can not build a mansion with out a strong foundation supported by piss poor sleep, low adrenals, nutrient deficiency, or other factors which are going to effect the HPTA function. You are doomed for failure..

pillsRgood

pillsRgood

Awards
  • Established
Address the person not the hormones. Find out why you are low in the first place by doing proper evaluation by looking at case history and possible underlying pathology. So many people get high then crash because you can not build a mansion with out a strong foundation supported by piss poor sleep, low adrenals, nutrient deficiency, or other factors which are going to effect the HPTA function. You are doomed for failure..
Any suggestions on where/who I can seek more information from?

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
If these issues are huge factors relating to sub-optimal hormone levels and well being, why is the majority of the anti-aging field overlooking them and just prescribing hormones as a fix, before I met with DR Overbeck in PA I spoke to a few doctors/clinics about how I felt and they sounded almost excited over the phone to see me and start on test/hcg/AI/peptides etc, now I'm getting tests back and I DO in fact have underlying issues, do hormones just make you feel better but not actually MAKE you better?

pillsRgood

pillsRgood

Awards
  • Established
If these issues are huge factors relating to sub-optimal hormone levels and well being, why is the majority of the anti-aging field overlooking them and just prescribing hormones as a fix, before I met with DR Overbeck in PA I spoke to a few doctors/clinics about how I felt and they sounded almost excited over the phone to see me and start on test/hcg/AI/peptides etc, now I'm getting tests back and I DO in fact have underlying issues, do hormones just make you feel better but not actually MAKE you better?
Like to know the answer to this as well

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Because it is a quick buck and quick fix for short term, but is it long term solution. There few.practitioners who take an integrated approach such as myself and other Md I.work.with

nomadicone

Awards
Because it is a quick buck and quick fix for short term, but is it long term solution. There few.practitioners who take an integrated approach such as myself and other Md I.work.with
It's not just for a "quick buck" but it's that the integrated approach requires a lot of time and money spent, both on the MDs time and on lab tests. If you look at Cenegetics or the integrated anti-aging guys in San Francisco, they want thousands of dollars up front and a commitment to spend thousands more per year.

What I think what OP wants, is to hear a few success stories about Clomid restarts. These are pretty tough to find - you have to piece together testimonials from forums across the net. Those testimonials are mixed in with emotional thoughts about the feelings of the Clomid/SERM during the restart (which may be irrelevant to the final state) and half the time the post author never updates the post after the initial Clomid period is done.

OP - I'm in a similar position at 30. At first I wanted TRT, then HCG, now thinking clomid may be the way to go if it can work. Think about how much easier life will be taking 1 oral tablet every few days instead of stacking TRT+HCG injections a few days each week for the rest of your life.

I think what TheMatrix is saying: If you try the Clomid restart but your foundation is not in order (you have adrenal fatigue from not sleeping, you eat like ****, you drink too much) then you're going to be back to square 1. This is your fear -- sliding back.

If you take TRT+HCG to get around the fact that you are not disciplined enough to build the foundation, then you're going to pay some price in the long run.

nomadicone

Awards
Anecdotally:
There's a good thread on this forum about success w/Clomid restart, called "Clomid 12.5mg m,w,f"
Also if you google "Clomid success stories", you see a lot of threads by women's whose husbands are using it for infertility. If it works for that, it's probably doing something right.

Scientifically check out:
"Outcomes of clomiphene citrate treatment in young hypogonadal men." Katz DJ, Nabulsi O, Tal R, Mulhall JP.

pillsRgood

pillsRgood

Awards
  • Established
Anecdotally:
There's a good thread on this forum about success w/Clomid restart, called "Clomid 12.5mg m,w,f"
Also if you google "Clomid success stories", you see a lot of threads by women's whose husbands are using it for infertility. If it works for that, it's probably doing something right.

Scientifically check out:
"Outcomes of clomiphene citrate treatment in young hypogonadal men." Katz DJ, Nabulsi O, Tal R, Mulhall JP.
Thanks for your help... after reflection I have come to the conclusion that I might have adrenal fatigue plus im thinking my past ph/designer/steroid use has focked my baseline test levels.... also because of the low test issue, I have been using way to much caffeine for awhile... I will wait for doc to give me blood results on monday but I am def dropping all caffeine from my life for a bit...

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Now.you guys are catching on. Trt has its place, but other underlying issues need to.be addressed other words some thing may come back.around to bite you.in the associated later on. See it happening too.many times. Medicines should be taught as a banded approach but as an integratI've approach. Cenergenics does.not get into individualized medicine, but rather set protocols. I educate.doctors on latest information about.new approaches to.help.their patients..Some professionals look as me as.a danger only.because I am.having more.doctors.think out side of the box to.find the cause.rather then just give hormones. You give clomid to a person with sleep.apnea guess what they will.be more.likely to fail. You correct sleep apnea guess clomid therapy will more then likely have a greater success. Not.only.did.you.get a better response withclomid but.you will also get the positive effects of correcting sleep apnea. This is just one.of the many examples of the ways how I get drs thinking. These are the doctors of the future who are resolving the root cause not treating just the symptoms

nomadicone

Awards
Thanks for your help... after reflection I have come to the conclusion that I might have adrenal fatigue plus im thinking my past ph/designer/steroid use has focked my baseline test levels.... also because of the low test issue, I have been using way to much caffeine for awhile... I will wait for doc to give me blood results on monday but I am def dropping all caffeine from my life for a bit...
When I get my low T results, I diagnosed myself with adrenal fatigue and quit caffeine. Before I was drinking 6-8 diet sodas a day and using ambien to get to sleep some nights. I made 8 hours of sleep my #1 priority. It's been 10 weeks since that. Things are getting better but not back to 100%...these things can take a while. Very tempting to take the easy TRT route, especially when you're in the Dr's office and he's offering you a shot "just to see how it feels to be normal again".

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Amazing how many clients are drinking 4-5 diet cokes a day, but what Dr ever asks this. One case type 2 diabetes, hard.to.control.blood sugar Dr wanted to put on insulin so bad. Did a food intake drinking 5 cans diet Pepsi a day. Told.him.give me a month before.making decision.to go on insulin. Lipid panel was all.skewed ha1c was upper 8.I.suggested to.taper on the diet soda, worked on.balancing neurotransmitters , corrected.nutritional.deficiency. with in a months time lipids can.back into normal.range, ha1c dropped significantly, brain fog got.better. This person was soon to.be prescribed insulin. This is.just.one.of the multiple.cases I have dealt with where if a few simple.question were.asked.in the first place this all could have been avoided. Just ask your self how.many Americans have fallen victim to this methodology. 2014 their will.be a radical change happening in.medicine to. more wellness approach..