Low testosterone at 25

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74%

Low testosterone at 25

For quite a few years I've been tired all the time and wake up tired. Towards the end of last year I had mainly went into see a physician assistant to just get my vitamin D levels checked. But I thought I'd also get my testosterone and thyroid numbers checked to see if that showed anything.

October 26th, 2012
    Vitamin D 25-HYDROXY - 24.2 ng/mL (Range: 30.0 - 80.0 ng/mL)
    Testosterone, Total - 321.80 ng/dL (Range: 193.00 - 950.00 ng/dL)
    TSH - 2.73 mcIU/mL (Range: 0.59 - 5.56 mcIU/mL)

I went back to her since I thought the testosterone seemed low and I should have it re-checked and a few other things. But she didn't want to do the testing and referred me to an endocrinologist. I decided to go to my primary care doctor first. He ran the tests I wanted, though they did total estrogen rather than estradiol.

November 12th, 2012
    Testosterone, Free - 62.4 pg/mL (Range: 35.0 - 155.0 pg/mL)
    Testosterone, Total - 276 ng/dL (Range: 250 - 1100 ng/dL)
    FSH - 1.53 mIU/mL (Range: 1.27 - 19.26 mIU/mL)
    LH - 3.7 mIU/mL (Range: 1.2 - 8.6 mIU/mL)
    Prolactin, Total - 11.74 ng/mL (Range: 4.04 - 15.20 ng/mL)
    Estrogen, Total - 127.8 pg/mL (Range: 40 - 115 pg/mL)

My primary doctor didn't think there was much of an issue with my testosterone levels so I made an appointment with the endocrinologist. The endocrinologist examined me and did say there was slight breast development. He ordered pretty much the same blood tests I got last time. Though he wants me to get a mammogram and DEXA scan. I got a call from the nurse today with the blood results. Since this was over the phone I don't have all the information, but here is some.

February 26th, 2013
    Testosterone, Total - 279 ng/dL (Range: 250 - 1100 ng/dL)
    Testosterone, Free - 59.7 pg/mL (Range: 46 - 224 pg/mL)
    Estradiol - 34 (not sure on range or measurement)

For additional information I'm 25, 5'11", and weight 212 pounds. I don't have much muscle. I do have psoriasis and have been on Humira for a few years. I'm not sure if either can affect testosterone. But I started this thread to see if anyone had any ideas what should be checked next. The endocrinologist might give me testosterone, but I won't know for sure what he'll say until I make another appointment. I think he wants the mammogram and DEXA scan results first. But I don't really want to go on testosterone since that's more of a last resort. What else might cause testosterone to be low and slight breast development? I haven't noticed any sexual side effects either. It's mostly just being tired all the time. I have no problems sleeping 7 - 8 hours straight, but I still wake up tired.

2. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.53%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladin View Post
    For quite a few years I've been tired all the time and wake up tired. Towards the end of last year I had mainly went into see a physician assistant to just get my vitamin D levels checked. But I thought I'd also get my testosterone and thyroid numbers checked to see if that showed anything.

October 26th, 2012
    Vitamin D 25-HYDROXY - 24.2 ng/mL (Range: 30.0 - 80.0 ng/mL)
    Testosterone, Total - 321.80 ng/dL (Range: 193.00 - 950.00 ng/dL)
    TSH - 2.73 mcIU/mL (Range: 0.59 - 5.56 mcIU/mL)

I went back to her since I thought the testosterone seemed low and I should have it re-checked and a few other things. But she didn't want to do the testing and referred me to an endocrinologist. I decided to go to my primary care doctor first. He ran the tests I wanted, though they did total estrogen rather than estradiol.

November 12th, 2012
    Testosterone, Free - 62.4 pg/mL (Range: 35.0 - 155.0 pg/mL)
    Testosterone, Total - 276 ng/dL (Range: 250 - 1100 ng/dL)
    FSH - 1.53 mIU/mL (Range: 1.27 - 19.26 mIU/mL)
    LH - 3.7 mIU/mL (Range: 1.2 - 8.6 mIU/mL)
    Prolactin, Total - 11.74 ng/mL (Range: 4.04 - 15.20 ng/mL)
    Estrogen, Total - 127.8 pg/mL (Range: 40 - 115 pg/mL)

My primary doctor didn't think there was much of an issue with my testosterone levels so I made an appointment with the endocrinologist. The endocrinologist examined me and did say there was slight breast development. He ordered pretty much the same blood tests I got last time. Though he wants me to get a mammogram and DEXA scan. I got a call from the nurse today with the blood results. Since this was over the phone I don't have all the information, but here is some.

February 26th, 2013
    Testosterone, Total - 279 ng/dL (Range: 250 - 1100 ng/dL)
    Testosterone, Free - 59.7 pg/mL (Range: 46 - 224 pg/mL)
    Estradiol - 34 (not sure on range or measurement)

For additional information I'm 25, 5'11", and weight 212 pounds. I don't have much muscle. I do have psoriasis and have been on Humira for a few years. I'm not sure if either can affect testosterone. But I started this thread to see if anyone had any ideas what should be checked next. The endocrinologist might give me testosterone, but I won't know for sure what he'll say until I make another appointment. I think he wants the mammogram and DEXA scan results first. But I don't really want to go on testosterone since that's more of a last resort. What else might cause testosterone to be low and slight breast development? I haven't noticed any sexual side effects either. It's mostly just being tired all the time. I have no problems sleeping 7 - 8 hours straight, but I still wake up tired.
    You need to look at underlying cause of why your levels are low in the first place..Vitamin d is one, but there could be multiple others which need to be evaluated properly before embarking on TRT. Its usually something simple which is over looked. Dr gives you testosterone 4-5 years find out its something totally unrelated. So many young guys are kicking them selves in the ass for jumping on TRT. I would suggest a restart protocol why looking at evaluating underlying issues instead of potentially masking it with TRT.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74%

What is a good restart protocol? hCG and Tamoxifen? Clomid? Also what else should be checked? Or should I leave that up to the endocrinologist? I just tend to prefer to be as knowledgeable as possible on something before going to doctors. They tend to just give you drugs and that's it. So I'd at least like to be able to mention these things.

Also I did have a COMP Metabolic Panel, CBC Differential, vitamin B12, and High Sensitivity CRP done with my october 26th blood tests. Everything was pretty much normal but I could post those results too if that would help any.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.53%

3/4 stuff which needs to be tested never get tested. Curious to see what your vitamin d 1,25 and vitamin d ratio is looking like before.using vitamin D. Too.many.people.are making themselves worse by doing so in the wrong scenario. This is what I.do I.work.with other.medical professionals on challenging cases lookin at root cause of why people are not making progress. Since I.am.not a Dr I can.not.treat diagnose or treat. However collaborating with an open minded doctor making recommendnations for further evaluation and educating the doctor to do what is in the best interest of their patient I can do. If you.notify me.of.your.location I have a huge net work of medical professionals might be able.to.help. always pn

One medical professional demanded me for list of Dr I work.with Too discredit.or.make an example to satisfy ones empowerment My response " I do.not bow before anyone except God. People.find me when the traditional.medical system had.failed. First question I ask if they are under medical supervision, name contact number of.the Dr. Is he open.minded willing to do.recommend testing? "

This creates the professional relationship
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.69%

Check for methylation/Transfulration/Kreb's cycle issues.Heavy metals and gut dysbiosis.Psoriasis is due to gut dysbiosis and enterocytes malfunction.High estrogen may be related to beta glucoronidase activity due to bacterial over growth and liver cytochrome p450 dysfunction and or systemic inflamation.Copper toxicity may be present also.The first place to look is your malfunctioning gut leading to systemic inflamation.Low testosterone is just a symptom not a problem by itself.Gut infections,cellular zinc deficiencies,estrogen dominance causes low t.

You need to get in touch with a functional medicine pratitionner specializing in hair tissue mineral analysis and methylation.Organic acids testing should be done.
  6. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.53%

Quote Originally Posted by funick972 View Post
    Check for methylation/Transfulration/Kreb's cycle issues.Heavy metals and gut dysbiosis.Psoriasis is due to gut dysbiosis and enterocytes malfunction.High estrogen may be related to beta glucoronidase activity due to bacterial over growth and liver cytochrome p450 dysfunction and or systemic inflamation.Copper toxicity may be present also.The first place to look is your malfunctioning gut leading to systemic inflamation.Low testosterone is just a symptom not a problem by itself.Gut infections,cellular zinc deficiencies,estrogen dominance causes low t.

You need to get in touch with a functional medicine pratitionner specializing in hair tissue mineral analysis and methylation.Organic acids testing should be done.
    cough cough ...lol
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69%

Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    cough cough ...lol
    Ready to do the same.reading all of thematrix posts.taking notes.we can lighten your load.you can spend less time answering same question.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  181 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.74%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

In for info ;-)
    It is not the kind of car you drive. It is whether you can flip it.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Low Testosterone at 19 (Please read)
    By jamesremmy in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 11-13-2013, 02:20 AM
  2. Low Testosterone - 25 Year Old Male (With test results)
    By phayzeone in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-06-2011, 05:08 PM
  3. Low Testosterone. Please Take a look at my blood Work.
    By HQProperty in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-15-2008, 10:11 AM
  4. low testosterone at 25? how can i fix
    By jonboy13 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-12-2007, 08:30 PM
  5. low testosterone guys at 17
    By dark_star in forum Supplements
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 12-09-2005, 04:58 AM