Very high DHT, please help understand these results

Steve_W

Awards
Hey guys,

Have been working with a professional who is looking into this but just thought I would ask if anyone has experienced a similar problem.

I'm a 24 year old male, been suffering from low libido and acne issues for quite a while now. Libido has improved and waned periodically, still nowhere near where i'd like to it. Erection hardness, general sex drive and refractory period are nothing like they used to be merely like 2-3 years ago.

I've recovered my testosterone levels up to a better range naturally through diet changes etc, though I'd still like some improvement but am working on it.

These are my last blood test results

TT: 576 (used to only be in 300s so have improved thankfully)
E2: 30
SHBG: 27 (15-50)
Progesterone 3.2 (<5)
Calc free test 473 (280-740)
DHT 28.3 nmol/l (0.7-5.1)

Thyroid was fine and other stuff looked good.

About the age of 19-22 I had AWFUL acne on my back, neck, face and chest. Painful cystic f******. Since then I still get acne on face, neck, back, chest, though not as severe are those nasty cystic bumps under the skin, not just little whiteheads or anything.

Still libido is nowhere near where I'd like it to be. Would like higher TT and Free T, but am wondering why on earth I have such high DHT. This would probably explain the acne problem?

If I have any estrogen lowering supplements but knees ache and libido goes even worse and feel depressed and anxious so I think it's safe to rule out E2 as the problem. I'm thinking maybe excessive conversion of free test to DHT? I understand DHT is important in masculinity, libido etc however with levels this high it must be causing my skin problems and also maybe libido problem??

If I take an OTC T booster like DAA I get a defnite increase in libido however it sends my skin OUT OF CONTROL, nasty cystic acne over my face, neck, back and chest, so I'm thinking maybe excess conversion to dht is the problem. Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
Doctors can definitely prescribe things for dht. Or you can find Finasteride research chems. Just Google and start looking

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Am.com

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
You be a fool to use finasteride. I.dea of.seeing grown men.cry in.my.office is not uncommon due to the side effects of the drug.

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
You be a fool to use finasteride. I.dea of.seeing grown men.cry in.my.office is not uncommon due to the side effects of the drug.
I agree:) If dht is WAY too high and you experimented with dosing a bit and found a sweet spot was my idea. Not saying I guarantee anything. What's your ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Am.com

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Just contacted one of the brilliant minds in hormones and cellular enzymatic reactions in the world just waiting to.hear back some more. I knew first thing out of his.mouth would.be "what is his diet? " lol. As soon as he saw acne he's going to go.right for the gut. Im suspecting leaky gut as well even though no.gi related symptoms. This is found in 40% of the cases. People.do.not want.to commit.to.life style change they will never get well. Its as simple as that..Its all about commitment to ones health. With out the proper testing makes it even.more.of a challenge. One average with out insurance expect to.put out $1-2,000 for testing. In the end it would have saved people.several $100,000. If I was not so cheap in the beginning I would.not.had to.put out $150,000 over the years for.my own health ...Learn from my mistakes.. Cases I.deal with are $400-500,000+ spent.on health issues.

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
As a side note maybe this will also prove true for someone else I know struggling with acne. Not trying to Jack this thread but what would a better way be to keep DHT in check?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
As a side note maybe this will also prove true for someone else I know struggling with acne. Not trying to Jack this thread but what would a better way be to keep DHT in check?
Waiting for response..

gopro2013

Awards
Just contacted one of the brilliant minds in hormones and cellular enzymatic reactions in the world just waiting to.hear back some more. I knew first thing out of his.mouth would.be "what is his diet? " lol. As soon as he saw acne he's going to go.right for the gut. Im suspecting leaky gut as well even though no.gi related symptoms. This is found in 40% of the cases. People.do.not want.to commit.to.life style change they will never get well. Its as simple as that..Its all about commitment to ones health. With out the proper testing makes it even.more.of a challenge. One average with out insurance expect to.put out $1-2,000 for testing. In the end it would have saved people.several $100,000. If I was not so cheap in the beginning I would.not.had to.put out $150,000 over the years for.my own health ...Learn from my mistakes.. Cases I.deal with are $400-500,000+ spent.on health issues.

MAkes sense right?