Would bloodwork for Test be useless without Free T?

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
I've never had, or at least seen, my own hormone levels. I was considering getting a "baseline" test very soon and then possible retesting after using some Test boosters I have on hand, for my own curiosity. Reason I ask this is, I was considering the $50 "Female Hormone" panel from privatemdlabs, that was posted on this site in the Anabolic section. ALso, I guess I'm curious about the Estradiol. I thought I read somewhere that they would be slightly different tests for male vs female levels. Is Serum Estradial an adequate indicator for males?

Includes: Estradiol, serum; Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH); Luteinizing Hormone (LH); Testosterone, serum; Hematocrit; hemoglobin; mean corpuscular volume (MCV); mean corpuscular hemoglobin (MCH); mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration (MCHC); red cell distribution width (RDW); percentage and absolute differential counts; platelet count; red cell count; white blood cell count; A:G ratio; albumin, serum; alkaline phosphatase, serum; ALT (SGPT); AST (SGOT); bilirubin, total; BUN; BUN:creatinine ratio; calcium, serum; carbon dioxide, total; chloride, serum; creatinine, serum; globulin, total; glucose, serum; potassium, serum; protein, total, serum; sodium, serum.

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
when you order the test it will give you a questionaire and when you choose male it will assign those values to within normal values for a male. The female hormone panel really isnt all that uncommonly ordered for men in a clinical setting so dont feel stupid about getting it done.

and to establish a baseline its fine. if your total t is within levels, thats usually good enough. same thing with estradiol levels. If you wanted to you could get a seperate t test. I do just too see where im at. its not a bad idea but as long as your total t is within normal levels thats your main concern.