started TRT and libido ?

Damien620

Awards
hey guys,
i'm 46 yrs old workout 4/5 days a week, and never had any libido probs. Noticed a change in my energy and libido and over all attitude since early summer maybe longger but thats as far as I can remember . Got blood test few weeks ago test came back @197.....so last week got my first injection, energy came back, but my libido went to hell, even worst. Called doc to see if this is norm he said wait it out. but seems like everyone else libido rocks right away...I understand takes time, just having hard time with even worst libido...????

dhickey

Awards
It was a bit of roller coaster ride for me the first couple months. Still trying optimize 4 moths later. If you outline the details of your treatment, there are plenty of guys here than can offer some advise.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
You qualify for.trt most.likely. Suggest to.see what.may.be causing low T as going on trt.may mask.other serious health.issues

BigMikeC

BigMikeC

Awards
I think you need to give it time. Let your doc keep monitoring your blood work until they can balance it out. It may take awhile to get things up and running again. Where was your free t levels at?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established

Damien620

Awards
Going to get all my numbers today will post asap. Thanks

BigMikeC

BigMikeC

Awards

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
I did NOT have immediate libido increases, and it took about 4-6 months for things to get consistent for me. Now after a year at 100mg a week i have frequent morning wood, occasional random hard ons, much more regular sex, and a lot of renewed interest in my wife.

It may take a bit for everything tip get disputed in, but be patient. Libido is nice, but this if for that and a while host of other health issues that can occur from low test.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I did NOT have immediate libido increases, and it took about 4-6 months for things to get consistent for me. Now after a year at 100mg a week i have frequent morning wood, occasional random hard ons, much more regular sex, and a lot of renewed interest in my wife. It may take a bit for everything tip get disputed in, but be patient. Libido is nice, but this if for that and a while host of other health issues that can occur from low test.
I have found that TRT may be masking a lot of deeper issues which come back to kick you in the ass years later...You correct the testoterone, but think everything is fine and dandy....

Damien620

Awards
I think you need to give it time. Let your doc keep monitoring your blood work until they can balance it out. It may take awhile to get things up and running again. Where was your free t levels at?
test 194
f-test 2.9
shbg 48
tsh 1.53

100mg every other week,fasting tonite and going in tom for diabetesand cholesterol test and going to see about hitting 100mg per week. Seems like thats proto call.
energy up, but libido GONE and rough time getting any quality sleep at nite. Before injection libido was alittle low but now GONE. Scaring the **** out of me.....:dunno:

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
100mg every 2 weeks is very low and probably screwing things up even worse.

Damien620

Awards
Im @ 200mg every two weeks,sorry though i was @ 100mg. cholesterol and diabetes test came back great. So looks like i have to wait it out let things stabilize...Thanks