TRT and Low Body Temps

wesmantooth

Awards
Been on six weeks of HCG only at 500ius 2x a week. I had been on Andogel and my fertility was completely shutdown. However, my T levels were still in the 300s. In the low 300s prior to starting any TRT as well. Been off if everything since my last HCG shot around a week and a half ago.

Numbers as of Monday were test at 528, free test at 15.4, E2 at 30. Now I will be switching to 50mg test 2x a week subQ with 250iu of HCG 2x a week subQ. Will use Anastrazole for e2. Sound like the proper way to go from here?

My thyroid numbers always come back within range, and doc says they are fine. But for months I have tracked my waking body temp and it is usually mid-96s/low 97s. I think the highest it has been since checking it has been 97.4 after a massive cheat day.

I've heard people advised to supplement with iodine to raise body temps even if lab shows no problem with the thyroid. But there are a lot of people only that say that's dangerous also. Have any of you supplemented with iodine? Have low body temps? Even with "normal" thyroid values?

CaptnCaveman

CaptnCaveman

Banned
Awards
What are the thyroid tests you had done, and the reference ranges? What is 'normal' range for one lab, or dr; may not be for another. Check out the 'Stop the thyroid madness' website. I've only briefly skimmed through it, but it seemed to be pretty helpful. Supplementing with too much iodine may actually cause thyroid problems from what I've read, so check into that before you do to be sure.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
TRT has made me into a walking furnace.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Been on six weeks of HCG only at 500ius 2x a week. I had been on Andogel and my fertility was completely shutdown. However, my T levels were still in the 300s. In the low 300s prior to starting any TRT as well. Been off if everything since my last HCG shot around a week and a half ago.

Numbers as of Monday were test at 528, free test at 15.4, E2 at 30. Now I will be switching to 50mg test 2x a week subQ with 250iu of HCG 2x a week subQ. Will use Anastrazole for e2. Sound like the proper way to go from here?

My thyroid numbers always come back within range, and doc says they are fine. But for months I have tracked my waking body temp and it is usually mid-96s/low 97s. I think the highest it has been since checking it has been 97.4 after a massive cheat day.

I've heard people advised to supplement with iodine to raise body temps even if lab shows no problem with the thyroid. But there are a lot of people only that say that's dangerous also. Have any of you supplemented with iodine? Have low body temps? Even with "normal" thyroid values?
Thyroid needs to be evaluated in blood, receptors then cellular response. Some times in cases I find there are toxins which are causing the cellular activity of the mitochondrion to slow down. A lot of thyroid is not from the gland but the slow functioning mitochondrion which can not respond properly to the thyroid hormones. Once toxins are identified removed liver balanced out then the body will get proper response from the thyroid from start to finish, I start people off on small dosages of iodoral then titrate up to about 12.5 mgs -25 mgs in rare cases. In events of hahsimotos or allergic to iodine then it can cause issues.

wesmantooth

Awards
So would you think there are additional steps I need to take first, or should I slowly add iodine supplementation now and see if body temps increase?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Need to rule out hashimotos with tpo and tgab serum. One also.needs to.look.at functional.deficiencies of.selenium. Some.time.one.needs to.supplement this before iodine. Suggested to get proper evaluation of these factors before starting iodine supplementation

wesmantooth

Awards
Well this thing took a weird turn for me today. I had a CT scan done and apparently I only have one kidney. He wants to do a scope on a spot behind my bladder that he thinks is my second underdeveloped kidney. The left one is apparently enlarged, which he says is due to it developing that way in utero in order to compensate for the other one. I'm just shocked and weirded out. Have no idea how this affects things.