Low Testosterone ?

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.5%

Low Testosterone ?

I am a 30 year old male 6'2 170lbs. I have been experiencing no sexual drive and erectile dysfunction. My testosterone level is 668 and free testosterone is 91. My prolactin is 7.8. My iron level is 83. My total iron binding capacity is 339. My hemoglobin is 14.5 and my HEMATOCRIT is 42 percent. My TSH is .50 and my B 12 is 527. All the labs were done with Quest except the B12 test. The reference range for the B12 is 250-813. I been drinking a of green tea capsules and extract from the vitamin shoppe so I dont know if that plays a role in it. I am getting a cortisol blood test, thyroid panel and estradiol blood test on wednesday.

2. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.01%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by boricua5000 View Post
    I am a 30 year old male 6'2 170lbs. I have been experiencing no sexual drive and erectile dysfunction. My testosterone level is 668 and free testosterone is 91. My prolactin is 7.8. My iron level is 83. My total iron binding capacity is 339. My hemoglobin is 14.5 and my HEMATOCRIT is 42 percent. My TSH is .50 and my B 12 is 527. All the labs were done with Quest except the B12 test. The reference range for the B12 is 250-813. I been drinking a of green tea capsules and extract from the vitamin shoppe so I dont know if that plays a role in it. I am getting a cortisol blood test, thyroid panel and estradiol blood test on wednesday.
    B12 is low.and would.be where id be focusing on why?
    ugh if.you drinking green tea in wrong epigenetic situation you are making matters potentially worse. It's all.linked.together just have to.be adverse in genetic snps to.fully understand what.damage.people.are doing thinking they.are doing something healthy ...Its the.health conscious are.ones.worse.of.then.general .population in most cases. Again you.need to.look at past.history and underlying pathology to.know.where to.start
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.5%

Thanks for the reply. I am a vegetarian maybe that is why I have low vitamin B12. Does the Green tea tend to lower estrogen or raise it ?
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.01%

Thanks for the reply. I am a vegetarian maybe that is why I have low vitamin B12. Does the Green tea tend to lower estrogen or raise it ?
    Vegetarian is.worst diet. You have high source.of.inflammatory and.nutrient robbing foods. Create multiple.mineral.deficiency and have potential of having major GI.issues as well.as possible increasing risk.of.cancer. I have done.multiple intracellular testing on people.who.went vegetarian to.prevent cancer from.coming back, but got a reality check..they where doing more.harm then good. Once they went to eating a more balance of.meat and veggies inflammatory markers and intracelluar.results.improved. .If.you.are vegetarian.and take they.protein.then.this.can compound.intestinal.inflammati on from.milk products. May.need.to.rethink your.lifestyle choice. Vegetarian 20.years.ago was fine times have changes and so.has genetic modified grains !!
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.5%

Thank you very much for the advice Matrix. My doctor ordered more blood work . He ordered DHT, DHEA, Cortisol A.M, Cortisol, Total, and Estrodial. My Estradiol level is 33 reference range is <39. All the the test is done through Quest Diagnostics. I am waiting for all the test to come back .
  6. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.01%

Shbg may be elevated in vegan due to increased inflammation. ck.homocysteine levels. Doctors is on right path but.is.nickel and.dime on test. Needs to.get in there and get down to bottom of things. Next thing it.will.be 3-6 months.before you know it. Persons quality.of.life is a huge factor to.take.into consideration. Do 6 tests come.back in 2 months for.results is not.a good approach with typical medical.standards. I am just.more aggressive with cases.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.5%

I have an update my

DHEA is 1010 (61-1636)
    Cortisol 16.4 (4.0-22.0)
    DHT 47 (16-79)

These labs were done thru quest diagnostics.
  8. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.01%

Need dhea-s not.dhea or a comparison of 2 may.be good
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.5%

Thanks alot Matrix. Matrix what is the difference ? Do you think I need to raise my DHT and is vitex good to lower Estradiol ?
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.77%

How much green tea are you drinking a day?
    Your free T is low, most likely cause is high SHBG and estrogen is up there as well.
    WHat do you eat...might be the cause of your problem...not saying is the only cause but it would be a good point to start. Do you eat a lot fo soy?
    Im not saying this because you are vegetarian either, is just something you eat most likely causing this.
  11. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.01%

Quote Originally Posted by vassille View Post
    How much green tea are you drinking a day?
    Your free T is low, most likely cause is high SHBG and estrogen is up there as well.
    WHat do you eat...might be the cause of your problem...not saying is the only cause but it would be a good point to start. Do you eat a lot fo soy?
    Im not saying this because you are vegetarian either, is just something you eat most likely causing this.
    High fiber or grains diets can increase SHBG. When women have low SHBG and hormone issues. I raise fiber in there diet to raise SHBG to offset the estrogen issues.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.5%

I was taking the triple green capsules and I was also taking the green tea tinctures but I stopped a week ago. I also stopped taking milk thisle because they say milk thisle acts as a estrogen. My doctor ordered the FSH and LH blood test. Is that a good test to take ?
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.5%

I was taking the triple green tea capsules and green tea tinctures but I stopped a week ago and I also stopped taking milk thistle. I am scheduled to take the FSH and LH blood test. Is that a good test ?
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.77%

Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    High fiber or grains diets can increase SHBG. When women have low SHBG and hormone issues. I raise fiber in there diet to raise SHBG to offset the estrogen issues.
    interesting, It seems that some guys who eat a grain based diet have higher SHBG, I just cant put it together as of why...maybe the production of tryglycerides alters something in the liver?. I wish I can come up with a concrete answer.
    Higher SHBG has been linked with liver imbalances though..
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.77%

I was taking the triple green tea capsules and green tea tinctures but I stopped a week ago and I also stopped taking milk thistle. I am scheduled to take the FSH and LH blood test. Is that a good test ?
    Green tea in large quantities seem to have an affect on testosterone. Stoping everything is a good idea.
    Why were you taking milk thistle?
  16. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.5%

I took it because I always read that milk thistle is good for your liver but in the last few months I been reading some articles that milk thistle acts as an estrogen when consumed so I stopped. Now I only take

Vitamin C
    Vitamin B complex
    Amino Acid lysine, Arginine, tyrosine
    Garlic, ginseng, tribulus and yohimbe
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.5%

I was taking milk thistle because they say it's good for liver function but I stopped taking it because I heard that it acts as an estrogen . The only thing I take now is
    Vitamin c with bioflavonoid
    Vitamin b complex
    Garlic, ginseng, tribulus and yohimbe burdock root
    Vitamin d
    Lysine, Arginine, tyrosine
  18. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.5%

I also was diagnosed via MRI with and without contrast with a hemangioma in my liver so that was my other reason for taking milk thisle

Similar Forum Threads

1. Low Testosterone Linked to Increased Mortality
    By oswizzle in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-16-2006, 12:48 AM
  2. Low Testosterone
    By biker340 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 08-12-2006, 10:11 PM
  3. Low Testosterone - hidden health problem
    By yeahright in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-21-2006, 03:33 AM
  4. low testosterone guys at 17
    By dark_star in forum Supplements
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 12-09-2005, 05:58 AM
  5. My Pre - Superdrol Blood Work - Low Testosterone?
    By IntensePump in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-05-2005, 12:14 AM