some one please help, blood work - AnabolicMinds.com

some one please help, blood work

1. New Member

some one please help, blood work

hi every one my name is ali and im from the uk.

i have been having alot of problems from weight gain to constipation and i have virtually no libido im only 22.

i have got blood work done and my doctor says everything is fine and i am stressed, i am not stressed and i blame my self for being really lazy and putting on a lot of weight over the year and being lazy with no job has caused me hormonal problems can some one please have a look at these results, and tell me whats happening, i would really appreciate it thank you.

p.s i have not done any steroids or anything like that.

serum prolactin level (xaelx) - 570 mu/l
    serum oestradiol (4465) - 97 pmol/L
    serum testosterone (xe2dr) - 10.0 nmol/L

serum LH level - 1.8 u/l
    serum follicle stimulating hormone - 2.3 u/L
    serum tsh - 3.3 mu/L

RANGES
    prolactin (60.0 - 620.0)
    oestradiol - (male ref <146 pmol/L)
    testosterone - (8.0 - 27.0)
    serum LH - 1 - 9 u/L
    fsh - 1 - 10 U/L
    tsh - 0.2 - 4.0

i think it might be high prolactin, is their anything i can take to lower prolactin, and estrogen and increase testosterone,

2. Elite Member

I.would have Dr check ft3 ft4 rt3 total t4 and antibodies. If.you are.near London i have an endorsing which.may be able.to.help. Prolactin can be driven by low dopamine or low thyroid ( primary or.secondary) ..One.needs to.find the root cause as.not.just address symptoms. In England.there are multiple factors i run into.clients over there. Number one is crappy diets and lifestyles.which need to be addressed before even touching.hrt in younger guys <35. Second.is piss poor.genetic ..>70% have mthfr mutation on.top of about 15-20 others. These can cause issue.from.neurological to toxins being built up.over years. One needs to.look at all.variables with genetic at the top.of the list ..
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  3. New Member

hi thanks for replying, i will ask my doctor, for the thyroid tests you said to do, i just hope i can sort this problem out, i am losing weight which is kind of odd when i exercise, i was thinking my problems was due to high prolactin, which suppresses thyroid and testosterone, any advice how to lower prolactin as it is very high on the lab results.
    •   

4. Elite Member

Don't be lead down typical pathway like.most. There is always a cause and.effect relationship not.other way around. This.is the biggest problem in medicine today. Testosterone is low doctor gives testosterone. Later down the road i find out they had fat.malabsorption issues where they can not.make.hormone due to.lack.of building blocks. Mean while being on trt they are.losing hair and aging at a rapid rate with markers of cardiovascular.disease are on the rise, insulin issues despite proper eating and exercise. Trt is.not bad, but since some doctors tend not look further they.may be masking a deeper.issue
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  231 lbs.

I would probably consider requesting an MRI of the pituitary to rule out any potential abnormalities since your prolactin is pretty high, and your LH and FSH are lower. I'm not a Dr, but I have read that prolactin near the top or over range can potentially be serious. Do some research into causes of elevated prolactin, then decide what you think.
  6. New Member

hi sorry to disturb you again, you replied to my message last time, i have updated my blood test, please can you take a look. the doctor repeated the test here are the results,

tsh - 1.6, testosterone - 13, estrogen - 121, and prolactin is now 498

i have been trying to lose weight as i was 90kg in my last blood test and i am now 80kg, but i still have constipation, low libido, hair thinning, please look at the original message and look at the ranges, what should i do i will ask for a full thyroid panel, i think there is something going on with the t3 in my body thanks
  7. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by delrio23 View Post
    hi sorry to disturb you again, you replied to my message last time, i have updated my blood test, please can you take a look. the doctor repeated the test here are the results,

tsh - 1.6, testosterone - 13, estrogen - 121, and prolactin is now 498

i have been trying to lose weight as i was 90kg in my last blood test and i am now 80kg, but i still have constipation, low libido, hair thinning, please look at the original message and look at the ranges, what should i do i will ask for a full thyroid panel, i think there is something going on with the t3 in my body thanks
    Focus.on thyroid.and.adrenals. I.am.also finding.a lot.of lyme cases over in UK.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. HELP! Blood Work and Levels out of whack.
    By jungleman in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-30-2012, 03:07 AM
  2. Help! Blood work , high E2, low free T
    By mrXYZD in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-27-2012, 04:59 AM
  3. Help! Blood work came back not good...
    By RReuphoria in forum Supplements
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 10-06-2008, 05:41 PM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-16-2007, 05:02 PM
  5. New user with some questions, please help
    By bignative22 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-31-2007, 12:00 PM