Desensitized to my HRT from Steroid Use? Dopamine Withdrawal? - AnabolicMinds.com

Desensitized to my HRT from Steroid Use? Dopamine Withdrawal?

1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

Desensitized to my HRT from Steroid Use? Dopamine Withdrawal?

Hello everyone,

Im 24 yrs old. I went on TRT for secondary hypogondadism at the age of 19. Started at 300ng/dl, TRT put me at 1,000ng/dl

At 19yrs old on 150mg/daily cream based HRT:
    1000ng/nl total
    Top of range free t
    shbg - 15
    ultra sensitive estradiol - 23
    Thyroid always in range

My hrt cream has always made me feel great. Iv always needed very little arimidex. The DHT from the cream put me at 3x the range and gave me a really nice well-being and sex drive.

At 21yrs old I got into steroids, using my excuse of not needing a PCT since being on HRT.

For the past 2 years, I have run 700-1000mg/testosterone and 700mg masteron PER WEEK. For 2 years straight, cycling DBOL/Anavar on top. My body has changed dramatically and I've won state competitions.

However, I have decided I'm done with the steroids abuse. I just want my life back. As of 14 days ago, I ceased all steroids and returned to my HRT.

I am now experiencing anhedonia and extremely low sex drive. In otherwords, I feel like I have very low dopamine levels. I crave nicotine, I dont sleep well, I can't feel any happiness or motivation. It feels WORSE then PCT. And my sex drive was at first non-existant, now its just extremely low desrie and very long refractory period.

Is it possible that I'm experiencing Dopamine withdrawal symptoms? Is this recoverable? What do you guys anticipate?

I didn't realize that higher levels of androgens could actually spoil ur reward system from a sexual standpoint.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Hmm interesting subbed for an expert answer so why are you done bro? Don't like the life style? So running such high dosages that long I take it your gains didn't really ever cease?
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Subbed for learning!
    SERIOUS NUTRITION SOLUTIONS
    mack @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    "Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time"
    •   

4. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by monsterbox View Post
    Hello everyone,

Im 24 yrs old. I went on TRT for secondary hypogondadism at the age of 19. Started at 300ng/dl, TRT put me at 1,000ng/dl

At 19yrs old on 150mg/daily cream based HRT:
    1000ng/nl total
    Top of range free t
    shbg - 15
    ultra sensitive estradiol - 23
    Thyroid always in range

My hrt cream has always made me feel great. Iv always needed very little arimidex. The DHT from the cream put me at 3x the range and gave me a really nice well-being and sex drive.

At 21yrs old I got into steroids, using my excuse of not needing a PCT since being on HRT.

For the past 2 years, I have run 700-1000mg/testosterone and 700mg masteron PER WEEK. For 2 years straight, cycling DBOL/Anavar on top. My body has changed dramatically and I've won state competitions.

However, I have decided I'm done with the steroids abuse. I just want my life back. As of 14 days ago, I ceased all steroids and returned to my HRT.

I am now experiencing anhedonia and extremely low sex drive. In otherwords, I feel like I have very low dopamine levels. I crave nicotine, I dont sleep well, I can't feel any happiness or motivation. It feels WORSE then PCT. And my sex drive was at first non-existant, now its just extremely low desrie and very long refractory period.

Is it possible that I'm experiencing Dopamine withdrawal symptoms? Is this recoverable? What do you guys anticipate?

I didn't realize that higher levels of androgens could actually spoil ur reward system from a sexual standpoint.
    Probably have DRD2 gene which most people I find in your situation have. The combination between neurotransmitter urine and 23andme would probably give you the information you are looking for. If you need assistance feel free to PM
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  5. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Probably have DRD2 gene which most people I find in your situation have. The combination between neurotransmitter urine and 23andme would probably give you the information you are looking for. If you need assistance feel free to PM
    ...did you mean to say "Probably have DRD2 gene variant Taq1A A1 allele"

Interesting thing, according to 23andme I am homozygous for the Taq1A A2 allele (A2/A2), and studies show that I should respond very well to bupropion.

Fifteen years ago I used bupropion to quit smoking and was 100% successful, with zero relapses since. Hmmmmm, this 23andme testing is looking more and more valuable by the day...hebs
  6. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by hebsie View Post
    ...did you mean to say "Probably have DRD2 gene variant Taq1A A1 allele"

Interesting thing, according to 23andme I am homozygous for the Taq1A A2 allele (A2/A2), and studies show that I should respond very well to bupropion.

Fifteen years ago I used bupropion to quit smoking and was 100% successful, with zero relapses since. Hmmmmm, this 23andme testing is looking more and more valuable by the day...hebs
    You.just have to.know how to.read it
    Then break it down.
    I look at close to 200. different genes once I get them all.updated. Genetic genie takes one so far.
    Knowing what to do.is the challenge
    I am.using it with.many psychiatrists and clinics world wide to.help doctors design better protocols for their patients..Been working very well and cutting down on number of drugs used.
    Your.looking at the future of.medicine and why alot of.younger.guys are on Trt in first place.or why people are not responding.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.

First mistake you made is to stop cold turkey. Get back on a higher dose of test and once you feel ok again then SLOWLY taper down your dosages to hrt. This may take 1-2 months. Your body needs to adjust to these dosages and balanced itself out
    It will come back
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

It is a huge drop in test doses. Quitting many compounds should be a tapering process; the longer you're on, the longer the tapering period. Bodies don't like drastic change like that.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Steroid Use...Always lead to HRT down the road?
    By srocco112 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-30-2010, 10:32 PM
  2. Thyoid problems and Adrenal fatigue from steroid use
    By jtmarlin in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-07-2010, 12:19 PM
  3. Congress to Hold Hearings on Steroid Use
    By Jim Mills in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-28-2007, 07:42 AM
  4. Palmeiro to be suspended for steroids; denies use