Low Testosterone ?

thebluegod

Awards
am a 32 year old guy married for 11 months. Libido is practically non-existent for me. I also suffer from mild erectile dysfunction. Majority of the time (which is not much) I am able to penetrate. But there are times when it is a flop show. I also feel tired and depressed. I consulted a doctor, who put me through a battery of tests. However he said I am normal.

I feel the same way still. No Improvement. My Test results are as follows

Testosterone ----------------- 373.29 ng/ml ---------- Normal (241 - 827)

Free Testosterone ------------ 19.83 pg/ml ----------- Normal (8.90 - 42.5)

Prolactin --------------------- 10.98 ng/ml ----------- Normal (2.1 - 17.7)

FSH ------------------------- 3.58 mIU/ml ----------- Normal (1.5 - 12.4)

LH -------------------------- 2.18 mIU/ml ----------- Normal (1.7 - 8.6)

Are the numbers okay? How should I proceed further?

On the advice of a friend I am currently taking mucuna Pruriens 1.5 gms a day divided into 3 doses for the past one week. There is some improvement.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Find out why!!
Actually 30% of.population has drd2 gene mutation which can down regulate dopamine receptors impacting ones response to own testosterone. This is why looking at other factors before TRT is crucial by a knowledgeable person. As many have found they end up.shooting themselves in the foot never solving the problem, but creating more ..Take a step.back and look.at all the guys chasing hormones ..They may be better but rarely do they get well..

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Find out why!!
Actually 30% of.population has drd2 gene mutation which can down regulate dopamine receptors impacting ones response to own testosterone. This is why looking at other factors before TRT is crucial by a knowledgeable person. As many have found they end up.shooting themselves in the foot never solving the problem, but creating more ..Take a step.back and look.at all the guys chasing hormones ..They may be better but rarely do they get well..
Hi Matrix, I haven't heard about that drd2 gene mutation, but is there any solution for that, anything to upregulate D2 receptors?
I know of a couple things that increase dopamine firing (stablon is a great option), but anything that could be more permanent?

Sorry to get off topic from original poster's questions, could prove to be useful though for many people. I think there was a thread in this forum on dopamine which I was part of before (I had offered a bunch of suggestions) but I'm curious about any you may have as well.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Look up.reward deficiency syndrome. I use this gene mainly in cases where addiction alcohol and drug abuse is associated with. It now showing a possible solution for other issues men are dealing with. I deal with a lot of neurological cases. Ocd depression schizophrenia and anxieties seizures are the common. I have colleague who is Dr Blum best friend and has helped him write published paper.

thebluegod

Awards
hello matrix,

Thanks for your reply

I am not looking at TRT because I also want to increase fertility not decrease it. The above harmonal tests were performed as part of an infertility work-up which reported low - normal numbers on every parameter like sperm count -27 million/ml.

well I hope increasing dopamine also increases testosterone. The mucuna seems to be doing the job. I feel more alert now & importantly more peaceful. Somehow over the last couple of days, I feel more confident on tackling the entire raft of problems I am facing in my life. The right word would be I feel motivated.

One more clarification. anyone in here please. Are my prolactin levels on the high side of normal? I read that the optimum / ideal should be around 5.

Thanks again

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's interesting that you ask, because Prolactin is usually lowered via dopamine levels. Dopamine has an inhibitory effect on prolactin, so there could be a connection there possibly, but not surely.

You can look into natural things like Vitex, to try to bring it down. 5 is a good level, yes. You don't want to crush your prolactin very low though so be careful with things that may lower it.

Btw, have you ever had a pituitary MRI done? Might be worth getting, especially when T is lowered and Prolactin is elevated. Simple & quick way to rule out any issues with the pituitary is to get the MRI.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Low dopamine level increases prolactin. sterility issues are usually found in lifestyle or nutritional imbalances not so much hormonal. All these need to be evaluated.