What are some factors for high SHBG ?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65%

What are some factors for high SHBG ?

Or is it just a case of genetics e.g. AGE that causes your shbg to rise ?

I am 33 so i expect a very good SHBG but it is evaluated to nearly 40.

2. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

i have done probably close to 100 detailed post on this subject in the past SHBG increases due to inflammation mainly from the liver or GI tract. People who drank heavily or have high estrogen levels (not just including e2), malabsorption (from poor eating habits, celiac, food intolerance), even certain meds can increase it. One needs to evaluate the underlying pathology with detailed medical history to know where to start. When dealing with these cases from forums, you are only seeing 20% if that of the true picture.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  3. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.97%

Just had a case in office of SHBG of 70. Did an Immunocal testing on him testing positive for whole list of allergies. We removed the allergens with in 6 months SHBG came down to 21. This just goes to show that SHBG may go up in state of potential GI and liver inflammation.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.64%

Matrix is there an effective immunological test for this purpose from geneva?
  5. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.97%

Identify this issue is done indirectly not directly. I tend.to use the 23andme.to.look.for.these hidden imbalances.which may cause immune.response which can impact Gi and liver inflammation. Finding these imbalances have been.opening new doors complex.health issues.which have been.unresolved through telepathic approaches.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  173 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.12%

Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Just had a case in office of SHBG of 70. Did an Immunocal testing on him testing positive for whole list of allergies. We removed the allergens with in 6 months SHBG came down to 21. This just goes to show that SHBG may go up in state of potential GI and liver inflammation.
    I hope I can post a similar success.
  7. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.97%

Quote Originally Posted by UCSMiami View Post
    I hope I can post a similar success.
    Your Dr is on the right track..Also note, I also did the 23andme with him found several mutation which was causing hidden inflammation which could have been also adding the elevated SHBG due to impact on liver pathways. Combination of reducing systemic inflammation both from the genetic level as well as the Gi level was a winning combination. Why I ALWAYS check GI and methylation in every person before doing ANYTHING. People also give me the excuse " My gut and digestion is fine there is nothing wrong" Little do they know that 1/3 or greater who have increased intestinal hyperpermeablity have no GI related symptoms. Inflammation is systemic and can be felt in every area of the body so do not be fooled by when doctors say there is nothing wrong. By taking an integrative approach looking at the especially the GI and methylation imbalance, it saves many years of unanswered questions especially with people who are train wrecks which are typical case scenerios referred by Doctors.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65%

HI I would like to come into your office for evulation of why my shbg is so high . I am 33 with a shbg of 40. I took a half AI tablet 2x a week and it brought it down to 30 but still its too high. Can i come into to see your doctor ? I am in new york. thanks vincemc. madhatter607 @ gmail.com
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  189 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.77%

My SHBG has usually been in the 60-80 range. However in my latest test it was down to the low fifties. I could really benefit from lower SHBG. Is the testing you suggest covered generally by insurance or is it usually out of pocket? Also, is the C reactive protein test any indicator of intestinal inflammation? This has been in the normal range for me.
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.87%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Subbed for answer on that testing. And how to go about asking for the test.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  11. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.97%

Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Subbed for answer on that testing. And how to go about asking for the test.
    google 23andme no Dr is required.Vince PM me
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.73%

Matrix, the only thing I could find about an Immunocal allergy test is something called Immunocap.

http://isitallergy.com/about-immunocap.php

Is this the same test that you are referring to? Is this different than the Allergen Profile blood tests that can be ordered through Private MD Labs?
  13. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.97%

Quote Originally Posted by Dath View Post
    Matrix, the only thing I could find about an Immunocal allergy test is something called Immunocap.

http://isitallergy.com/about-immunocap.php

Is this the same test that you are referring to? Is this different than the Allergen Profile blood tests that can be ordered through Private MD Labs?
    I also use MRT leap food testing which is 3 rd generation of ALCAT testing.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-22-2006, 01:53 AM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-15-2006, 11:05 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-11-2004, 10:11 PM
  4. What are must supplements for cutting?
    By Gixxer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-13-2003, 10:04 AM
  5. What are some good buffet tactics? or stories?
    By Beefy6969 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-07-2003, 11:52 PM