Test Base/Suspension for TRT??? Pusatile release? SubQ daily

w8tlifterty

Awards
Hello,
I have been researching and trying to figure out the best method for TRT....
Currently I'm using clomid and dostinex to try and boost my lagging HPTA. I am 30. Cycled and competed in my early 20's. Been off 6 years or so.

Right now, clomid is dosed at 12.5mg eod and cabergoline/dostinex 2 x weekly at .5mg.

I am most concerned with maintaining hpta function (fertility) and hairloss. I am very sensative to hairloss when anabolics/androgens are introduced.

This is what I'm proposing.... If anyone has experience with such protocol plz chime in.

Continue with the low dose eod clomid.
Inject SubQ Test suspension 10mg to start daily in the A.M. hours. (Hopefully controlling E2)

I hold a lot of size/lean muscle and have been training for 12+ years so muscle acquisition would be a bonus but I'm really looking to increase libido and sexual desire along with just a better sense of well-being.

thoughts???

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You'd be better off seeing a doctor and getting a prescription for one of the gels, or Axiron. The problem you'll find is that even though the injection amounts will be small, you'll still need to rotate injection sites, and for 7 a week its a pain. Outside of that, its probably not any worse (or better) than getting the right dose of the gels.

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
you'll still need to rotate injection sites,
What is the reason for rotating sites? Is it because a site may be painfull for a day or two, or is it to decrease scar tissue buildup? If it is the scar tissue issue, what happens should a person build up scar tissue? How would you know? Does it make future injections at that location difficult, or impossible? I ask because I've been injecting in my thighs, but have not rotated as much as I should have, and I am curious about any future issues. Thanks!

BJE

BJE

Awards
This is what I'm proposing.... If anyone has experience with such protocol plz chime in.

Continue with the low dose eod clomid.
Inject SubQ Test suspension 10mg to start daily in the A.M. hours. (Hopefully controlling E2)

I hold a lot of size/lean muscle and have been training for 12+ years so muscle acquisition would be a bonus but I'm really looking to increase libido and sexual desire along with just a better sense of well-being.

thoughts???
My thoughts are that 10mg/day isn't enough. Every three days or twice a week (3.5 days) would probably be a frequent enough injection schedule. If you are injecting sub q then try 5/16" 31g insulin syringes. They take a few minutes to fill, but they are painless and I wouldn't think scaring would be a issue. I have done hundreds of sub Q injections with these and I can't find a mark on me. Also I inject into the butt.

If fertility is an issue then why not use HCG instead of clomid? HCG is probably more expensive and has to be injected. I am concerned with the long term use of clomid. Besides eye issues I have herd of it seems like clomid can increase estrogen. I'm not sure on that though.

My current protocol is 100mg test cyp/week divided into 43mg doses every three days and 250IU HCG twice a week.

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards
What is the reason for rotating sites? Is it because a site may be painfull for a day or two, or is it to decrease scar tissue buildup? If it is the scar tissue issue, what happens should a person build up scar tissue? How would you know? Does it make future injections at that location difficult, or impossible? I ask because I've been injecting in my thighs, but have not rotated as much as I should have, and I am curious about any future issues. Thanks!
Not everyone will get scar tissue build up at the injection site. Some people are just more prone to hypertrophic or keloidal scarring, but it does not mean it cant be avoided either. Using proper injection technique and protocol for said suspension (for example room temp of suspension vs.warming it up under running water...slow plunger counting down per cc/ml...etc) and how you treat the site after injection. Some people think rubbing the area is better, when for certain types of esters or suspension it can be the worst thing because they can crystalize and rubbing shreds the muscle fibers and causes bruising, inflammation, pain and/or scarring beneath the adipose tissue.
Personally I wouldn't want to inject more than a cc into my quads and definitely not anything with an oil base or something thick! It doesnt absorb the same as a short ester supp would so you'd be left with a lump at the site until it dissipates and sometimes that can be uncomfortable for some. Which is why the more common injection site is the glutes. At least if you get more sensitive you can just switch cheeks, but its up to you.

I think perhaps looking into HCG peptide and maybe trying letrozole taken ED in place of the clomid EOD would be decent if you don't want to go the transdermal route. Watching your doses can help you to avoid undesirable sides like hairloss, but usually adding pumpkin seed oil to your conditioner and also taking it internally along with beta-systerol two to three times a day will keep DHT from binding to the hair follicle causing it to die and fall out.
Good luck to you:)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BJE

BJE

Awards
You'd be better off seeing a doctor and getting a prescription for one of the gels, or Axiron. The problem you'll find is that even though the injection amounts will be small, you'll still need to rotate injection sites, and for 7 a week its a pain. Outside of that, its probably not any worse (or better) than getting the right dose of the gels.
From experience with compounded testosterone cream and Axiron, I'd have to say I prefer injections. No mess and no need to worry about transfer to others and no need to schedule showers etc around testosterone application. Also, I had high DHT on transdermal testosterone.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
From experience with compounded testosterone cream and Axiron, I'd have to say I prefer injections. No mess and no need to worry about transfer to others and no need to schedule showers etc around testosterone application. Also, I had high DHT on transdermal testosterone.
I prefer them too, but the original poster was looking at trying to get the sort of daily pulsatile release of testosterone like would naturally be created, and the gels are the best choice for that. Funny too, although your DHT was high on those, generally your DHT is lower than natural if you are on just a replacement dose of cyp/enanthate.

10mg/day isn't a bad starting point, as that is roughly what is considered to be standard testosterone usage. Remember that 70mg of suspension is pretty close to 100mg of cyp. No ester testosterone has a molecular weight of 288, Cyp is 413 so its right around 70% testosterone 30% cypionate ester

BJE

BJE

Awards
I prefer them too, but the original poster was looking at trying to get the sort of daily pulsatile release of testosterone like would naturally be created, and the gels are the best choice for that. Funny too, although your DHT was high on those, generally your DHT is lower than natural if you are on just a replacement dose of cyp/enanthate.

10mg/day isn't a bad starting point, as that is roughly what is considered to be standard testosterone usage. Remember that 70mg of suspension is pretty close to 100mg of cyp. No ester testosterone has a molecular weight of 288, Cyp is 413 so its right around 70% testosterone 30% cypionate ester
I'd like to have my DHT checked now that I am on test cyp.

I did not catch the part about the non estered testosterone in the OP. I guess that's something you could use if done every day. However, without an ester wouldn't it be gone within a few minutes to a couple of hours? I've read that testosterone is used up pretty quickly without an ester. That's why the testicles are producing it all day.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I did not catch the part about the non estered testosterone in the OP. I guess that's something you could use if done every day. However, without an ester wouldn't it be gone within a few minutes to a couple of hours? I've read that testosterone is used up pretty quickly without an ester. That's why the testicles are producing it all day.
if its no ester in water, it is pretty fast, in the hours range. If its in oil, its a slower release through the day. Keep in mind that your testosterone level at waking is close to double what it ends up at by the time you go to sleep. Thats why I think the best overall trt would end up being really low dose cypionate (25mg 2x a wekk) with a low end dose of a gel daily. So you never see a near 0 testosterone level, but you still get the testosterone pulse like you would naturally

I'd like to get my dht checked too, my doctor doesn't think that is important to test though :p

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

if its no ester in water, it is pretty fast, in the hours range. If its in oil, its a slower release through the day. Keep in mind that your testosterone level at waking is close to double what it ends up at by the time you go to sleep. Thats why I think the best overall trt would end up being really low dose cypionate (25mg 2x a wekk) with a low end dose of a gel daily. So you never see a near 0 testosterone level, but you still get the testosterone pulse like you would naturally

I'd like to get my dht checked too, my doctor doesn't think that is important to test though :p

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Personally I wouldn't want to inject more than a cc into my quads and definitely not anything with an oil base or something thick!
Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
Are you saying that an oil base will somehow act differently if injected into the quad vs into the glut? Sorry, I am not understanding what you mean here.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you are injecting daily, I'd assume you are using slin pins due to the small amounts being injected. Scar tissue is not an issue with tiny slin pins, it's mainly a problem with the larger gauge needles. But if you are using prop or suspension, you will be sore for a couple days in the area. You won't want to inject into the same area 2 days in a row mainly because of pain. I don't recommend suspension at all, too much of a hassle and pain, literally.