Cholesterol levels / labs / optimal levels?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    Low HDL to LDL is known to be very bad for your cardiovascular system - I'm sure you know this. I don't have a specific number in mind (which was why I was asking here)..all I know is that anyone's HDL should be higher than your LDL. From my own reading (noone even commented on this here) eating a large amount of EVOO will raise HDL. Niacin as well, but not while I'm taking methyfolate as it's not a good combo (already knew this).

I have had my liver checked. I get labs every 4 months or so. My liver values are fine...Again that was only a hunch due to people commenting about bile. Although I am almost certain that simply testing liver values will not give you an idea about bile flow issues. Again though, my stools are dark and solid, which would not be the case of my bile was low. Low bile = light colored stools, fatty stools from indigestion, etc.

I haven't done a single cycle in over a year btw. I never said my total cholesterol plummeted after doing steroids. My total cholesterol was lower than it is now BEFORE I ever touched a single steroid. My total used to be around 115 before. It's my HDL/LDL RATIO as I have already said, that has changed. This can also change on TRT (from arimidex use). I have recently changed over to aromasin use instead.

I guess I did more learning on my own than any recommendations or scare tactics in here. Not one person gave a single good recommendation about how to raise HDL in here or as to what a good HDL/LDL ratio is, and that was my main question. Not that I'm complaining, it's just kinda bs to go telling people they could have all these diseases, instead of just addressing their initial concern.
    Actually its your HDL and triglycerides which should be looked at. HDL also has subclasses which need to be evaluated.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.

2. I'll plan out a strict Paleo diet, increase olive oil intake and will test again in a month or two to see if there are any possible food allergens. A strict Paleo diet should be a good test.

Shawn, I think I'll also do that DNA test (23 and me) and consult the results with you to get on track with a good methylation supplementation protocol.
    •   

3. Can.not correct food allergies till.methylation is balanced. People.food.intolerance are resolving. It all.goes back to the immune system..

4. The Paleo diet removes any possible food allergies. No need to correct methylation before the allergies if you remove any and all foods which can possibly cause allergies.

5. Not so true..This is where it gets interesting...I tend to go against the grain of the.normal pushing the.envelope boarding insanity and genius. Once one under stand the complex biochemistry involved it then sees the simplicity.through the vast complexity. Its so obvious ..

jansz after 8 years is.just starting to catch on !!! but he's needs.another decade to catch up lol. I'm way ahead of the game..
    •   

6. Don't get me wrong, I plan on following both courses of action, but a strict paleo diet is something I can act upon immediately. I always feel great on it, just wish it were possible to follow longterm without breaking down at some point haha!!

I love the diet, tons of meat and whole foods, no grains, but it's tough to keep up when out at business meetings, visiting relatives, and that sort of thing. Oh, and I love bacon. I put bacon on everything when I eat paleo!

7. Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    jansz after 8 years is.just starting to catch on !!! but he's needs.another decade to catch up lol. I'm way ahead of the game..
    Oh dude this totally slipped by me before, but what does Jansz have to do with this thread/post? Just wondering. I don't think I've seen him around or spoke to him in years.

8. Stop wasting people's time.
    Now you are on TRT, took arimidex, blah blah blah.....
    You should have put ALL information in your initial post!
    Besides, you dont listen anyway if someone is challanging your thoughts or ideas. Basically this is a wasted thread and people's time.
    Have a good day sir!

9. His Dr kane thread on atm which is one of the most informative threads, but they are to busy chasing hormones and lab results instead of looking at bigger pics

10. Quote Originally Posted by vassille View Post
    Stop wasting people's time.
    Now you are on TRT, took arimidex, blah blah blah.....
    You should have put ALL information in your initial post!
    Besides, you dont listen anyway if someone is challanging your thoughts or ideas. Basically this is a wasted thread and people's time.
    Have a good day sir!
    Matrix already knows this. You have no need to keep posting in here. I am not going to repeat every single details about myself on this forum either just for the noobs to read, I've been here just as long as Matrix (years and years). Goodbye!

11. Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    His Dr kane thread on atm which is one of the most informative threads, but they are to busy chasing hormones and lab results instead of looking at bigger pics
    I don't think I've been on that board or seen that thread to be honest. Not sure who Dr Kane is.
    I was just basing the Paleo comment off my own knowledge.

I should add: My hormone levels are great. Really happy with where I am with my TRT/HRT protocol now. If anyone is interested, I can post what my protocol looks like, and how I got there over time. I think it's the best I've ever had it. I'm definitely not chasing numbers there or trying to tweak it anymore. Sticking with where I'm at, as it's never been so good in the past. I've also never really been a chaser in the past year or two, just been going off how I feel (without staring at labs). I've been on TRT for four years and at this point, it's very easy for me to know how certain doses/levels of what I am taking affect how I feel, without looking at labs at all. I've gained a pretty good sense of my body since starting the whole roller coaster ride.

12. What are current symptoms
    what areas would you.like to improve?
    Since designing programsbased on epigenetic profiles for cases for cfs, fibro, lyme, cancer, depression, anxiety,neurological issues, autism and many others for doctors the out comes have been life changing for some. Many personal trainers are also seeing the benefits as their clients are starting to loose despite change in exercise

13. I don't have many current symptoms to be honest. None that I am actively trying to fix.

I am addicted to caffeine, but that's not a symptom haha..it's the reason my adrenals are low at times (and I do take hydrocortisone, I take more on days where I'm less awake/have less sleep, and I stress dose - this is all under control.) I am not going to fool myself and ever think that I will come off of hydrocortisone, or TRT, that won't happen for several reasons. But I have been able to stop taking T3, which is great. I've successfully lowered RT3, and my metabolism is great without any supplementation for thyroid.

Methylation is the one thing I've been looking at again, for overall health and wellbeing. As I was saying, I will be planning on getting the 23 and me testing done and consult..it's just not happening immediately. Maybe in the next month or so.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. High vitamin D level = high testosterone level
    By liquid in forum Supplements
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 06-09-2014, 03:40 AM
  2. Bad cortisol lab test levels? What now? Please read/reply
    By ratdog in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-26-2012, 12:22 PM
  3. What are optimal levels of serum Cortisol?
    By Jawohl in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-05-2006, 02:11 PM
  4. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 03:29 PM
  5. Cholesterol levels in protein powders
    By pcn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-12-2004, 06:56 PM