Will trt eventually cause thyroid problems down the road?

hawaiijedi

Awards
Hi guys been on trt for about 6months now I was at 200mg a week of test cyp now I'm 100mg a week. I read some things about possibly damaging your thyroid from trt. Any thoughts or information?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Hi guys been on trt for about 6months now I was at 200mg a week of test cyp now I'm 100mg a week. I read some things about possibly damaging your thyroid from trt. Any thoughts or information?
Testosterone drives metabolic activity as well. The body may sense a rise in metabolism resulting from TRT causing increase in Tsh to slow thyroid down. I can also.be from.the stress places on adrenals glands. To protect the.over taxed adrenals, the body.may.slow thyroid down to.compensate. This may be similar.to what happens when to.much thyroid is given in a weaken adrenal state. Once the body.repairs at tissue level over a 6.month to year period, i have seen hypothyroid surface on physiological testosterone levels.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
With that being said, is there something that can be done to avoid this from happening?

hawaiijedi

Awards
I'm with you on that kisaj I hope there is something we can do to prevent that from happening.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
With that being said, is there something that can be done to avoid this from happening?
Have dr or self monitor thyroid panel at 12 week, 6, 9, 12 month even if it ft3 ,ft4, tsh. People may not feel symptoms right away why it hides (even after several months)

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
I've always noticed I'm DEAD tired 3 hours after injection. Gotta take caffeine or some type of stimulant to wake myself back up. Only happens a few hours after injection.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I've always noticed I'm DEAD tired 3 hours after injection. Gotta take caffeine or some type of stimulant to wake myself back up. Only happens a few hours after injection.
Could have multiple reasons. Hard to pin point exactly which one.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I haven't had any thyroid issues on TRT. I also began my TRT with a small dose of T3 to drive down RT3. I kept it going longer than I should have though, yet my Thyroid levels look great now while I'm off any T3. If I was taking too much for too long, my thyroid certainly has bounced back according to my recent labs.

Just had them tested a few months back. Been on TRT for a few years now.

labs taken recently with no thyroid meds:

TSH: 1.56 uiu/ml (0.270 - 4.2)
Free T4: 1.57 ng/ml (0.82 - 1.6)
T3 Total: 1.22 ng/ml (0.8-2.00)

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I haven't had any thyroid issues on TRT. I also began my TRT with a small dose of T3 to drive down RT3. I kept it going longer than I should have though, yet my Thyroid levels look great now while I'm off any T3. If I was taking too much for too long, my thyroid certainly has bounced back according to my recent labs.

Just had them tested a few months back. Been on TRT for a few years now.

labs taken recently with no thyroid meds:

TSH: 1.56 uiu/ml (0.270 - 4.2)
Free T4: 1.57 ng/ml (0.82 - 1.6)
T3 Total: 1.22 ng/ml (0.8-2.00)
need ft3 not totals and could be a conversion factor due to nutritional imbalances or environmental influences.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My adrenals were really bad for years, which likely drove up RT3. RT3 wasn't extremely high or anything though..that's why I think I over-treated. I was on T3 for almost a couple years (self medicated), 40mcg daily (split into 4 doses, taken sublingually with my HC).