High SHBG, Low Test, and High EOS-Matrix & Others Pls Help

bestill

Awards
I am a 42 year old man looking for some feedback following my recent lab results. My doctor is stumped and I am concerned about our course of treatment. After my lab results showed an elevated SHBG (and consequently low free testosterone) I have started taking danazol 100mg x 2 daily. Day one is today. Seems reasonable enough I suppose, but I think we need to find what is causing the elevation. The symptoms I am having are all the typical low-T symptoms. My numbers are listed below:

Testosterone 496 Range 292-867
SHBG 87 Range 16-94
Calc Free Test 5.1 Range 4.8-25.0
Estradiol 27 Range <=63

Below are the elevated lab values
Albumin 5.1 Range 2.9-5.0
Calculated Globulin 2.0 Range 2.0-3.8
Calculated A/G ratio 2.6 Range 0.9-2.5
Eosinophils 9 Range 0-7

Noteworthy is that my Eosinophils seem to always be elevated-as long as I have been having labs done. Sometimes my liver enzymes are also high. I have a history of heavy alcohol abuse for 20 years, but have not consumed alcohol for 4 years. I did have a fatty liver disease diagnosis during my drinking days. I am 6'3" and 200 lbs and approximately 16% BF. My body fat wont seem to budge. My diet is very clean, low carb, and mostly organic. I avoid wheat completely and avoid most grains 90% of the time. Diet has been like this for months. I was 30 lbs heavier in the past and had similar labs.

I am looking for some feedback as to what might be the root cause of my elevated SHBG and other abnormal labs. When these labs were done last time my Test level was higher (732) and my SHBG was 62.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I am a 42 year old man looking for some feedback following my recent lab results. My doctor is stumped and I am concerned about our course of treatment. After my lab results showed an elevated SHBG (and consequently low free testosterone) I have started taking danazol 100mg x 2 daily. Day one is today. Seems reasonable enough I suppose, but I think we need to find what is causing the elevation. The symptoms I am having are all the typical low-T symptoms. My numbers are listed below:

Testosterone 496 Range 292-867
SHBG 87 Range 16-94
Calc Free Test 5.1 Range 4.8-25.0
Estradiol 27 Range <=63

Below are the elevated lab values
Albumin 5.1 Range 2.9-5.0
Calculated Globulin 2.0 Range 2.0-3.8
Calculated A/G ratio 2.6 Range 0.9-2.5
Eosinophils 9 Range 0-7

Noteworthy is that my Eosinophils seem to always be elevated-as long as I have been having labs done. Sometimes my liver enzymes are also high. I have a history of heavy alcohol abuse for 20 years, but have not consumed alcohol for 4 years. I did have a fatty liver disease diagnosis during my drinking days. I am 6'3" and 200 lbs and approximately 16% BF. My body fat wont seem to budge. My diet is very clean, low carb, and mostly organic. I avoid wheat completely and avoid most grains 90% of the time. Diet has been like this for months. I was 30 lbs heavier in the past and had similar labs.

I am looking for some feedback as to what might be the root cause of my elevated SHBG and other abnormal labs. When these labs were done last time my Test level was higher (732) and my SHBG was 62.
major protein malabsorption
focus on looking at what.is causing it. Most.likely GI or.liver inflammation.

Mr.TT

Awards
  • Established
DANAZOL will shut down your natural TT. If you were on TRT, then, 25mg ED of DANAZOL would be more that enough to lower that SHBG.
If you take the DANAZOL alone, you will make thing worse. (IMHO) Are those blood labs from QUEST (I am unfamilar with those ranges)?
Please POST your AST, ALT, Bilirubin, DHT, DHEAs, LH lab numbers. Get real blood lab tests results for FT.
Have you been using LIPOIC ACID and Milk Thistle to help your liver damage?
ANAVAR is purported to lower SHBG with little liver impact.
An increase in SHBG does not explain the drop in TT. In fact it should increase it, if your HPTA is working.

I would start by reading the STICKY above "LifeExtension: Male Hormone Modulation Therapy "

bestill

Awards
Thank you for the response. Unfortunately, I do not have all of those values you requested. I can tell you that in my original post, I included all abnormal labs. That being said, I had some other labs recently that had an elevated AST liver enzyme-not sky high, but out of normal range. I used to have hight AST and ALT all the time in my drinking years, but not since.

I will follow your suggestion about the sticky and will look into Quest, which I suppose is a lab.

I hope to open a conversation with my Dr, who is a pretty nice guy and open it seems, about more testing and getting at the root of the problem rather that nuking it with a high does of danazol. What suggestions would you have about specific tests? Anything else that you would be looking at doing in my shoes?

bestill

Awards
Many thanks Matrix. My short time here has taught me that you help a great many people. Thank you for your help in my case as well.

I had not considered a protein malabsorption problem. Where does that usually tie in to inflammation? Does protein malabsorption and inflammation together indicate something? What type of labwork should I be doing to identify causes?

Many thanks again

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
if your Dr is open be glad to work with him..pm me
your case is typical which slip through t

he cracks ending up a dog chasing its tail

CaptnCaveman

CaptnCaveman

Banned
Awards
major protein malabsorption
focus on looking at what.is causing it. Most.likely GI or.liver inflammation.
Matrix, could you please elaborate on how liver and GI inflammation, and/or damage effect Testosterone levels? I can see that his blood proteins are high, so I'm guessing the liver isn't breaking them down and metabolizing them properly? I also have liver problems and very low testosterone levels, but my blood protein levels are all within normal range as far as I can see. Can you please help me understand the connection?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Matrix, could you please elaborate on how liver and GI inflammation, and/or damage effect Testosterone levels? I can see that his blood proteins are high, so I'm guessing the liver isn't breaking them down and metabolizing them properly? I also have liver problems and very low testosterone levels, but my blood protein levels are all within normal range as far as I can see. Can you please help me understand the connection?
blood is not.often reflective of functionality or tissue why so.many guys are chasing farts in the wind. Since medical professionals are taught to.look at serum not tissue people continue to.get worse as our health system goes to.pot..

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
Awesome avatar BTW