Going to the endo tomorrow. Any last minute advice?

GO_OUTSIDE!

GO_OUTSIDE!

Awards
I have been fighting all the classic symptoms of low Test for years. Recently things got drastically worse however my blood work showed high total Test, neither free Test nor estrogen were tested.
I ran my first and only cycle of Test cyp at 200+-mg/wk last spring. Mid cycle i felt great, my blood work showed my Test off the chart.
This is my first time seeing and endo. I called ahead to make sure he was experienced in, for lack of vocabulary "sex hormones", stop laughing. I dont like the idea of being on TRT but I do want to feel good again and if that is what it takes than so be it.
Has anyone been down this road that can give me some advice to get this sorted out as efficiently as possible?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I have been fighting all the classic symptoms of low Test for years. Recently things got drastically worse however my blood work showed high total Test, neither free Test nor estrogen were tested.
I ran my first and only cycle of Test cyp at 200+-mg/wk last spring. Mid cycle i felt great, my blood work showed my Test off the chart.
This is my first time seeing and endo. I called ahead to make sure he was experienced in, for lack of vocabulary "sex hormones", stop laughing. I dont like the idea of being on TRT but I do want to feel good again and if that is what it takes than so be it.
Has anyone been down this road that can give me some advice to get this sorted out as efficiently as possible?
4 hail Mary's, 2 throws of salts over each shoulder....may the force be with you...

Find out why you need it in the first place...rather then treating symptoms vs root cause.
TRT IMO is just a bandaid in younger guys cases for piss poor lifestyles and choices which got you there in the first place. Until you work on the basics things are just going to accelerate and bite you in the azz later.

GO_OUTSIDE!

GO_OUTSIDE!

Awards
Matrix, ive been pretty impressed with your posts in the past, so i am wondering how you jumped to the conclusion that i havent covered the basics. I get regular sleep (8+ hrs) although with some difficulties due to sleep apnea, i eat a healthy home cooked diet at least 6 days a week. I only drink on rare occasions, and dont use any drugs except for a small amount of weed also on rare occasions. I exercise regularly with a mix of strength, cardio and yoga and make sure i get plenty of recuperation time. My supplement regime is pretty tame consisting of protein, vitamins, GABA, citruline malate, beta alanine and rotating DAA, tribulous and divanex. OccasionallyI get my hands on something strong but that has happened less than 6 times in my life.
Am i missing something?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Matrix, ive been pretty impressed with your posts in the past, so i am wondering how you jumped to the conclusion that i havent covered the basics. I get regular sleep (8+ hrs) although with some difficulties due to sleep apnea, i eat a healthy home cooked diet at least 6 days a week. I only drink on rare occasions, and dont use any drugs except for a small amount of weed also on rare occasions. I exercise regularly with a mix of strength, cardio and yoga and make sure i get plenty of recuperation time. My supplement regime is pretty tame consisting of protein, vitamins, GABA, citruline malate, beta alanine and rotating DAA, tribulous and divanex. OccasionallyI get my hands on something strong but that has happened less than 6 times in my life.
Am i missing something?
Bro being the age 42 you qualify for TRT if symptoms are there. Last thing I be focusing on is root cause. Get properly evaluated with an experienced Dr. If you do not have one I be glad to make recommendation to one in your area. I have a whole net work of them all over the country. Did not see your age at 42. People over age of 40 move right to TRT if they are low in 90% of the cases.

GO_OUTSIDE!

GO_OUTSIDE!

Awards
The Endo seemed interested to work this out with me, he must like puzzles. I gave them some blood today, hopefully the results will explain some things, like how I can have a high test level while feeling like a little girl getting her first period and lose strength and LBM while exercising. I am beginning to suspect a low estrogen number that is causing my body to produce more test. I think low estrogen can cause some of the same symptoms as low test, am I right? In either case the dr seems to think that if the tests come back normal it's time for me to get a shrink. That would really suck, I don't trust shrinks at all.

Pericles

Pericles

Awards
In either case the dr seems to think that if the tests come back normal it's time for me to get a shrink. That would really suck, I don't trust shrinks at all.
And therein lies the problem that most men run into when dealing with Endo's / docs as we age...it seems damn near all of us are "normal". Normal when it comes to falling within a Test range of 300 - 1,100. Normal if you're at 320, but feel like crap, have no energy, can't lose wait, can't gain muscle, can't sleep, can't concentrate. That "normal range" is insane. It's basically where 95% of men fall on the chart when they are tested. They throw out the bottom 2.5% and the top 2.5% to normalize the range and VOILA!

If your doc is worth a damn he / she will listen to the words coming out of your mouth and make a correlation between how you FEEL and where you lab numbers are at. For instance, what if 10 years ago your total test was at 900, but now it's at 320? You're within the range right? Yes, but your test has been diminished by 2/3! You would feel like warmed over death, but without a historic comparison from 10 years ago, the doc has nothing to go on but your words.

Ask to see the labs and get a copy of them. Scan them and post them here and the smart folks on this board (not me) will help you as best they can. Don't give up on this...and for goodness sake, don't let someone tell you that you have a mental disorder without ensuring your hormones are well balanced.

GO_OUTSIDE!

GO_OUTSIDE!

Awards
I agree. I tend to think that we are all a bag of chemicals and it is more likely that my chemical make up has changed then my psychological state. On the other hand i have been through some tremendous changes in my life in the past 4 years, so who knows.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
1.5 yrs ive been with my endo im 34 and my results are between 200-330. i had low thyroid out put and have been on synthroid for 1.5 yrs. it has helped somewhat but T output remains low last week he told me that if he were to put me on T it would be to get my levels above 400 and I borderline 400 now so he wont do it. so i cycle natty t boosters using the short time increase to feel better. im about to change endo's if my blood work last week didnt change and he wont help.

i too sleep 8 hrs, workout 5 days a week, supp with dhea, fishoil multi v vit d3 cit mal etc. every 8 weeks i try ergotest or triazole. i just want to feel normal again lol. good luck and let us know what you do so I can be armed with info

GO_OUTSIDE!

GO_OUTSIDE!

Awards
Im waiting for the results from the lab. Luckily someone offered me a trade today, my Tacoma for his Corvette. I have always wanted a Corvette and hopefully it will compensate for my low Test like everyone always implies. If nothing else it is keeping my mind off it while I decide whether to accept or not.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Im waiting for the results from the lab. Luckily someone offered me a trade today, my Tacoma for his Corvette. I have always wanted a Corvette and hopefully it will compensate for my low Test like everyone always implies. If nothing else it is keeping my mind off it while I decide whether to accept or not.
Hope.you.enjoy watching gas gauge go down. Test won't help.when you are biatching about the gas lol. Like asking a drug addict to substitute drinking. One habit full fills another instead of dealing with the source of the problem. Get some.testosterone not androgel crap. If Dr handed me androgel i.throw it right back at him lol

GO_OUTSIDE!

GO_OUTSIDE!

Awards
Still no word from the endo. Funny thing is my libido is making a comeback but not my strength or energy levels. Im really curious what those results are gonna look like.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Still no word from the endo. Funny thing is my libido is making a comeback but not my strength or energy levels. Im really curious what those results are gonna look like.
May be you are getting turned on by seeing your self in a corvette really soon..JK

GO_OUTSIDE!

GO_OUTSIDE!

Awards
The doctor called today. My total test is at the top of the range, my free test is near the bottom 20% of the range. Estrogen is low, SHBG is high. T4 normal, pituitary normal. I will have the results in hand by next week and will post for some advice.
The past week i have felt pretty ok, not great but acceptable.
Any idea how to lower SHBG? I have used divanex in the past but it started to coincide with joint pain.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
The doctor called today. My total test is at the top of the range, my free test is near the bottom 20% of the range. Estrogen is low, SHBG is high. T4 normal, pituitary normal. I will have the results in hand by next week and will post for some advice.
The past week i have felt pretty ok, not great but acceptable.
Any idea how to lower SHBG? I have used divanex in the past but it started to coincide with joint pain.
Find out why its high...do.not try to use.drugs to.manipulate it will backfire. Seen it happen numerous of times

GO_OUTSIDE!

GO_OUTSIDE!

Awards
I got my results today.
FSH 3.6 (1.6-11)
LH. 4.0 (.8-6.1)
17 beta estradiol 24.34 (7.63-42.6)
SHBG 79 (10-50)
GH 1.3f ng/ml
IGF 125 (52-328)
Test Total 1020 (250-1100)
Test free 68.1 (46-224)
Test bioavailable 149 (110-575)
Albumin 4.8 (3.6-5.1)

there were some other tests including thyroid and all else was normal.

what do you think?