induced coma to reset endocrine system

basilisk

Awards
Hello, I am a 34 year old male who, after having extremely high libido all my life suddenly evaporated at age 33. I have consistently tested low to mid 300's for my test levels. Though my condition would technically be classified as idiopathic I have no doubt it had to do with a sustained period of extreme stress, injury (breaking both my arms) lack of proper nutrition and exposure to a unsanitary and toxic environment.
of course i've tried the whole gamut of different supplements which does regain some level of sensation, libido ect. but i don't think that external supplementation could ever regain that perfect balance of neurotransmitters and hormones which made me not only highly sexual, but highly affectionate, romantic and to have such deep fascination with the fairer sex. (just knowing now after the research i've done that my horniess and yearning for female contact was just a orchestra of chemical reactions has done a lot to demystify and take the joy and enthusiasm out of life)
recently, it peaked my interest when I heard of people suffering from chronic pain using a controversial treatment of being intentionally put under a coma for an upwards of two weeks using ketamine (aka special k on the street) This procedure is not approved of course for any medical reason here in the us and so therefore is performed in places like Tijuana, in other words the black market. it costs an upwards of $50,000.00 the rationale for its use in people suffering from chronic fibromyalgia pain without any real underlying injury is that they are essentially suffering from a brain signaling malfunction and that the coma is somewhat like "rebooting the brain" just as a crashed computer can repairs itself upon restart. since it is the brain which essentially directs the production of hormones and my condition is secondary, that is some sort of signaling from the brain could the same theory be applied? it peaked my interest as well when my physician, who suffered a life threatening illness recently told me that after emerging from the induced coma he was put in, noticed his libido was greatly increased.
but then again, I may be way of course here as an alternative to the brain failure theory would it be fair to say that stress induced hypogonadism is a form of adrenal failure, and that the adrenals should therefore be the focal point of treatment?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Hello, I am a 34 year old male who, after having extremely high libido all my life suddenly evaporated at age 33. I have consistently tested low to mid 300's for my test levels. Though my condition would technically be classified as idiopathic I have no doubt it had to do with a sustained period of extreme stress, injury (breaking both my arms) lack of proper nutrition and exposure to a unsanitary and toxic environment. of course i've tried the whole gamut of different supplements which does regain some level of sensation, libido ect. but i don't think that external supplementation could ever regain that perfect balance of neurotransmitters and hormones which made me not only highly sexual, but highly affectionate, romantic and to have such deep fascination with the fairer sex. (just knowing now after the research i've done that my horniess and yearning for female contact was just a orchestra of chemical reactions has done a lot to demystify and take the joy and enthusiasm out of life) recently, it peaked my interest when I heard of people suffering from chronic pain using a controversial treatment of being intentionally put under a coma for an upwards of two weeks using ketamine (aka special k on the street) This procedure is not approved of course for any medical reason here in the us and so therefore is performed in places like Tijuana, in other words the black market. it costs an upwards of $50,000.00 the rationale for its use in people suffering from chronic fibromyalgia pain without any real underlying injury is that they are essentially suffering from a brain signaling malfunction and that the coma is somewhat like "rebooting the brain" just as a crashed computer can repairs itself upon restart. since it is the brain which essentially directs the production of hormones and my condition is secondary, that is some sort of signaling from the brain could the same theory be applied? it peaked my interest as well when my physician, who suffered a life threatening illness recently told me that after emerging from the induced coma he was put in, noticed his libido was greatly increased. but then again, I may be way of course here as an alternative to the brain failure theory would it be fair to say that stress induced hypogonadism is a form of adrenal failure, and that the adrenals should therefore be the focal point of treatment?
This methodology = Death wish...

grandroid828

Awards
Hello, I am a 34 year old male who, after having extremely high libido all my life suddenly evaporated at age 33. I have consistently tested low to mid 300's for my test levels. Though my condition would technically be classified as idiopathic I have no doubt it had to do with a sustained period of extreme stress, injury (breaking both my arms) lack of proper nutrition and exposure to a unsanitary and toxic environment.
of course i've tried the whole gamut of different supplements which does regain some level of sensation, libido ect. but i don't think that external supplementation could ever regain that perfect balance of neurotransmitters and hormones which made me not only highly sexual, but highly affectionate, romantic and to have such deep fascination with the fairer sex. (just knowing now after the research i've done that my horniess and yearning for female contact was just a orchestra of chemical reactions has done a lot to demystify and take the joy and enthusiasm out of life)
recently, it peaked my interest when I heard of people suffering from chronic pain using a controversial treatment of being intentionally put under a coma for an upwards of two weeks using ketamine (aka special k on the street) This procedure is not approved of course for any medical reason here in the us and so therefore is performed in places like Tijuana, in other words the black market. it costs an upwards of $50,000.00 the rationale for its use in people suffering from chronic fibromyalgia pain without any real underlying injury is that they are essentially suffering from a brain signaling malfunction and that the coma is somewhat like "rebooting the brain" just as a crashed computer can repairs itself upon restart. since it is the brain which essentially directs the production of hormones and my condition is secondary, that is some sort of signaling from the brain could the same theory be applied? it peaked my interest as well when my physician, who suffered a life threatening illness recently told me that after emerging from the induced coma he was put in, noticed his libido was greatly increased.
but then again, I may be way of course here as an alternative to the brain failure theory would it be fair to say that stress induced hypogonadism is a form of adrenal failure, and that the adrenals should therefore be the focal point of treatment?
Dude. You cant be serious lol. If it wasnt so long i wouldve said u were trolling us. Man, the thing is, u can reset all u want to. Youre still resetting a 35 yr old computer arent you? It would be real silly of me to do alot of work on a mid 90s computer because it doesnt have the speed of the new ones, or the speed it used to have, wouldnt it? Of course it would, because no matter what i do, the computer is aged. And your not old. But your test levels are declining man. Its just life. You can fight it all u want its gonna happen. For god sakes dont risk killing yourself in a come just to prolong the inevitable loss of libido....

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
Call me crazy, but shouldn't putting yourself in a coma be a last resort?

Peace

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
idk man that sounds a bit risky. what have dotors said abotu your situation? have you had second opinions? would trt be an option? i dont think a coma is the right way to go, theres a lot of risk there

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Wanting to put yourself into a $50k blackmarket coma over this = someone is in need of serious psychiatric help. Try trepanation instead.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
All you need are some testosterone injections, maybe an anti e and to get laid. You sound super stressed...

Rx testosterone is a much better option than a 2 week long special K trip.

- Valdez

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And also demystified it? Dude, we have sex with chicks because they're hot. Where was the mystery?

- Valdez

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And also, also, you get your hormones right and you won't be worried about the "mystery of love." You'll be wondering about the mystery of where to put it...

I'm done.

- Valdez

Pericles

Pericles

Awards
And also, also, you get your hormones right and you won't be worried about the "mystery of love." You'll be wondering about the mystery of where to put it...

I'm done.

- Valdez
This made my day...I have an image of you getting up and walking away from your PC...then stopping and coming back to re-post. hehehe

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
I dunno am i the only one that is interested in the special k, two week trip!!! He he... i wonder if id get the same result with cocaine? Lol...
Jk... jk....

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I remember back in the rave days when special k was big, but it seemed pretty damn scary. Should just go old school and drop some acid and go camping to find yourself.

hypothetically speaking of course.....

rambofireball

rambofireball

Awards
  • Established
I agree with everyone above, don't do it. Find a good HRT doc.

When undergoing a long surgery (like multiple hours of surgery, not multiple weeks) people often have gnarly digestion shutdown from the anesthetics that takes just as gnarly pharmaceuticals to counteract. I can't imagine what kind of GI pain you'd be in after being put under for two weeks.

Not to mention the danger of not waking up... I observed ~50 surgeries done by a top orthopedic surgeon in India, and the carelessness and haphazardness of the whole thing was terrifying. I'd think it would be much worse in a place like Tijuana where you're not even getting a well established treatment.

Best of luck with your condition.

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
To the OP - I have a coworker who's child has something similar to fibromyalgia. He told me about this treatment - his son has various therapies & they have looked into this with their doctors. It is not quite as crazy as it might sound, however I am far from advising you to pursue this path. Your issue and his, from a glance, are quite different.

Keep with your doctor or find a better doctor - don't go doing anything crazy