Got my results back and prolactin is very high what should I do?

hawaiijedi

Awards
I got my results from the doc and this was taken from my last week of the 200mg of test cypionate since then I lowered it to 100 mg. The doc said he was concerned about my prolactin levels which was 21.4H Ng/ml reference range of 4.1-15.2. What the heck is going on here? My total testosterone was 1162ng/dl and free test 310.9pg reference range 35.0-155.0. My estradiol was at 14 pg/ml. He said he is going to prescribe me some medicine that will bring the prolactin down. What do you guys think should I freak out about this or am I missing something?

Pericles

Pericles

Awards
That number is not insanely high, but I would keep an eye on it. My last labs show a range of 2.5 - 22.5 ng/mL (I was at 7.9), so you would make it into the high end of that range. I'm not certain, but I thought TRT somewhat lowered prolactin levels...anyone here know the answer? You have already lowered your dose from 200mg to 100mg, and that test was taken at the 200mg level...maybe wait a month and retest to see where it is at.

Did you fast for your test? My labs have a note indicating that NOT fasting will give a higher result.

hawaiijedi

Awards
No did not fast for the test ill post what medicine he prescribed me for the prolactin to get everyone's opinion and help you guys are awesome.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I got my results from the doc and this was taken from my last week of the 200mg of test cypionate since then I lowered it to 100 mg. The doc said he was concerned about my prolactin levels which was 21.4H Ng/ml reference range of 4.1-15.2. What the heck is going on here? My total testosterone was 1162ng/dl and free test 310.9pg reference range 35.0-155.0. My estradiol was at 14 pg/ml. He said he is going to prescribe me some medicine that will bring the prolactin down. What do you guys think should I freak out about this or am I missing something?
E2 what testing method was used?
Check thyroid function and dopamine for issues with prolactin..

hawaiijedi

Awards
My e2 estradiol was 16 if that's what you meant Matrix.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established

hawaiijedi

Awards
Thanks for taking a look sorry it came out sideways damn camera pic kept flipping around. B-)

hawaiijedi

Awards
Oh yeah doc prescribed parlodel 2.5mg twice a week at bedtime to lower prolactin.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Guess my attachment didn't show up
Methodology is not known. I would run privatelabsmd female hormone profile to use standardized method for e2 testing. I have seen others which have been skewed in recent Drs patients. It is recommended to get most accurate testing available especially in relationship to e2. I had to convert many Drs from the 3-70 e2 from lab corp to the 7-42 range to maintain proper ranges.

hawaiijedi

Awards
Sorry matrix this is all new to me do you mean regarding prolactin or estradiol when you say e2?