Testosterone Advice needed

J

Jamisman1

Awards
My name is Chris. This is the first time I have been on this site so bear with me. I am 37 and my test count is 72. I have been seeing a urologist for the past year. I was doing a 2cc injection every month for six months. I think the highest my level got was 213. I switched jobs and lost my ins. I went back a month ago and he gave me Axiron to try for a month. It didn't bring my level up any. I am now doing a 1cc injection every 2 weeks. I just started Saturday. I was wondering if I can use the axiron and injections at the same time/ or does anyone have an idea of a supplement that I can get to help me.

A

ajntorinj

Awards
You need to be more specific. 1cc of what? Testosterone enanthate? Testosterone cypionate? What is the dosage? Report this number in milligrams.

I suggest injecting more frequently. 50mg testosterone e/c twice a week is a common and effective plan.

Has your doc ever tested you for estradiol? Provide labs so smarter people than me can help you.

I would not recommend taking both your testosterone and Axiron at the same time. You can find a dose of injectable testosterone that will address many of your issues.

Also, the fact that you have not gotten this close to sorted out with your urologist in year's time suggests to me that your doctor is worse than useless or you are not educating yourself. Consider firing him and doing some reading about TRT on your own.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you're talking testosterone injections, no point in doing axiron and injecting. Axiron isn't that great anyways. I'd find a doc that will put you on cyp, twice a month.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Twice a month or twice a week?
Twice a week would be fantastic but if it's a TRT prescription good luck.
Even if his doc is willing to give him everything to do it at home it wouldn't be a high enough dose to be worth pinning twice a week.
Seems the most common is 200mg every two weeks.
I would certainly find a way to acquire more and add to that if it were me though.
I'm running 500mg/week lol.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Seems the most common is 200mg every two weeks.
I would certainly find a way to acquire more and add to that if it were me though.
I'm running 500mg/week lol.
Running anything else with that like aromitase inhibitor?

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
BJE

BJE

Awards
Twice a month or twice a week?
This is what I was thinking.

Twice a week would be fantastic but if it's a TRT prescription good luck.
Even if his doc is willing to give him everything to do it at home it wouldn't be a high enough dose to be worth pinning twice a week.
I don't understand the part about not being worth pinning twice a week. I started at 100mg a week but had E2 problems (sore nipples the day after injection) so I switched to twice a week. Things have been much better.

Pericles

Pericles

Awards
I don't understand the part about not being worth pinning twice a week. I started at 100mg a week but had E2 problems (sore nipples the day after injection) so I switched to twice a week. Things have been much better.
Yea, seems like twice a week is best for most people. It's amazing to me that some docs are prescribing once or twice a MONTH and wondering why there is no improvement....weird.

J

Jamisman1

Awards
That is what he put me on Testosterone cypionate 1cc every 2 weeks. The vial size is 300 mg but I don't have it with me to tell you how much test is actually in. I have thought about going to another doctor because as you stated he is pretty worthless. I think we need to get more agressive with my treatment. It is not affecting my sex life. i'm just worn out all the time. Are there any supplements at *** etc. That I can start taking that work in the meantime ?

Pericles

Pericles

Awards
My friend, the smart folks here (not me) need to see the details of your most recent labs to assist you. Without that information they are flying blind.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
is there a big difference between for example pinning test 120 1x/week vs 60 2x/week? I'm talking for trt, I realize the mg's aren't "cycle" levels

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
is there a big difference between for example pinning test 120 1x/week vs 60 2x/week? I'm talking for trt, I realize the mg's aren't "cycle" levels
I believe more frequent injections help keep your e2 levels balanced

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't see much of a difference, as long as it's a long ester. The problem with pinning twice a week for TRT is what the hell is the point of pricking your ass and possibly being sore, twice a week, as opposed to once a week or twice a month?
Plus, more frequent pinning leads to more scar tissue build up, which isn't a good thing.

That's one reason why I believe most docs have pin schedules like they do.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I don't see much of a difference, as long as it's a long ester. The problem with pinning twice a week for TRT is what the hell is the point of pricking your ass and possibly being sore, twice a week, as opposed to once a week or twice a month?Plus, more frequent pinning leads to more scar tissue build up, which isn't a good thing.That's one reason why I believe most docs have pin schedules like they do.
All a bunch of hog wash, I would rather stick my self 2 times or 3 times a week with a small needle then have to deal with chasing e2 all over the place like many people do feel like crap. Body builders have been pumping in 10 grams a week, and still are doing it !! We are not extreme as they are put point being its not going to cause major muscle draw using the proper gauges. I have been helping design HRT protocol for close to 8 years no one ever complained of this.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
what do you mean "small needle?" I have 21g 1.5". are you referring to subq injections then?

BJE

BJE

Awards
what do you mean "small needle?" I have 21g 1.5". are you referring to subq injections then?
I have done IM injections with a 31g 1/2" needle. I do it in the thigh where I have very little fat and I press in hard and get it well into the muscle.

Pericles

Pericles

Awards
I just now used a 29g 1/2 inch syringe in my quad area for the first time. It took several minutes to draw .4 ml of Test Cyp due to the heavy consistency and about 45 seconds to push it into my quad. Very minor discomfort and just a tiny drop of blood. Thanks for the tip gents!

A

ajntorinj

Awards
I use a 31G 5/16" needle for both my IM injections of TE and my SQ injections of HCG. It just takes longer to draw the oil into a syringe with a smaller needle. Other than that, all is well.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I use a 31G 5/16" needle for both my IM injections of TE and my SQ injections of HCG. It just takes longer to draw the oil into a syringe with a smaller needle. Other than that, all is well.
Hate to disappoint you 5/16 is not IM its sub Q

BJE

BJE

Awards
It depends how thick your skin is. I do IM injections in my thigh with 1/2" and it's easy to feel when the needle penetrates the muscle very soon after penetrating the skin. If I injected straight in in the upper arm with a 5/16" needle I would hit the muscle just not deeply.

tenntarheel

tenntarheel

Awards
Dude, 21g is considered a harpoon these days. Get some 25 or 27g. You will love it compared to those 21s

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Dude, 21g is considered a harpoon these days. Get some 25 or 27g. You will love it compared to those 21s
Well now that you mention it... Thanks I will look into it. But 21g is what I grew up on, if you know what I mean. So never thought of an alternative until now

A

ajntorinj

Awards
I respect your knowledge and expertise, The Matrix, but the feel of what you think is not an IM injection for me is much different (IE, sometimes I hit a nerve, draw blood, feel the muscle twinge, etc) from when I inject into a fat deposit. If you are saying that I am not going deep enough into the muscle, then that is something I cannot comment on, besides the fact that my blood has plenty of testosterone floating around in it. I agree with BJE on this; I am not as lean as his avatar, but leaner than most folks.

BJE

BJE

Awards
I respect your knowledge and expertise, The Matrix, but the feel of what you think is not an IM injection for me is much different (IE, sometimes I hit a nerve, draw blood, feel the muscle twinge, etc) from when I inject into a fat deposit. If you are saying that I am not going deep enough into the muscle, then that is something I cannot comment on, besides the fact that my blood has plenty of testosterone floating around in it. I agree with BJE on this; I am not as lean as his avatar, but leaner than most folks.
I have not tried to do IM with a 5/16" needle, but when inserting a needle I can definitely tell when the needle has pierced the muscle. I feel the initial resistance of entering the skin, then a second resistance of entering the muscle. Then it seems the deeper into the muscle the more discomfort.

tenntarheel

tenntarheel

Awards
I have not tried to do IM with a 5/16" needle, but when inserting a needle I can definitely tell when the needle has pierced the muscle. I feel the initial resistance of entering the skin, then a second resistance of entering the muscle. Then it seems the deeper into the muscle the more discomfort.
Yeah, you can tell. I'm pretty much like my avatar year round, so it doesn't take much to go IM

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First of all, everyone is bickering so much they stepped right over the OP's question. Quit derailing with Dick measuring...

That is what he put me on Testosterone cypionate 1cc every 2 weeks. The vial size is 300 mg but I don't have it with me to tell you how much test is actually in. I have thought about going to another doctor because as you stated he is pretty worthless. I think we need to get more agressive with my treatment. It is not affecting my sex life. i'm just worn out all the time. Are there any supplements at *** etc. That I can start taking that work in the meantime ?
No, *** will not have anything that will help you. That being said I am in agreement with you it's probably time to go find an endocrinologist. There is no reason for you to be on TRT and be that low, that being the case I would say your doc is being somewhat neglectful. Unless, your still in the beginning stages of treatment and you're trying to dial in the required dose.

If that's the case, do not take anything else hormonal because this will skew you're results and in the long run set you back. People often times are intimidated by they're doctors and won't speak up, don't be that guy. The next time you go over your results in a completely respectful manner ask him what he plans to do with such low levels. Ask him his treatment plan for you to get you higher.

Even if he is going off of symptoms vs numbers which some doctors do, let him know you are still experiencing extreme fatigue and whatever else you're feeling. Remember you're the customer essentially and without being outspoken your doctor may not know what you expect.

If it doesn't get any better let us know there are other options like anti aging clinics.You have to pay much more attention to your own levels this way though and it would be best to get it figured out with your Dr.

- Valdez

O

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
Well now that you mention it... Thanks I will look into it. But 21g is what I grew up on, if you know what I mean. So never thought of an alternative until now
I draw with an 18g and inject with 25g into the delts...once I forgot to switch needles...you won't do that twice, trust me ! On topic, don't mess around find a doctor/urologist/ whatever and get some good input. Don't try to change things, get some answers...asap. There's a bunch of guys on here that will steer you in the right direction....! Valdez for one, he's giving it to you straight. !

Last edited: