Not liking the Androgel 1.62%

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Just started the Androgel 1.62% after being on injections for a year, and so far I hate the stuff. Makes me very irritable and angry at 2 pumps/day. I'll stay on it for another week or two, and then it's back to shots if things don't get any better.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Just started the Androgel 1.62% after being on injections for a year, and so far I hate the stuff. Makes me very irritable and angry at 2 pumps/day. I'll stay on it for another week or two, and then it's back to shots if things don't get any better.
By the way, I still think Testim is better, but it's way more expensive. Anyone know if they make a Testim pump yet?

rfarns01

Awards
By the way, I still think Testim is better, but it's way more expensive. Anyone know if they make a Testim pump yet?
Testim is great, but who wants to smell like an 80 year old women? Many more options available such as Axiron which in my opinion is the best transdermal on the market.

Sent from my EVO using Am.com

BJE

BJE

Awards
Why did you switch from injections? It seems most guys switch from transdermals to injections.

Testim is great, but who wants to smell like an 80 year old women? Many more options available such as Axiron which in my opinion is the best transdermal on the market.
I used Axiron for a while and you may be right, but the problem I had is that unless my underarms were very dry before application it would turn white and flake off after a short time. It's also a little messy. I usually ended up with it running down my sides.

One advantage of injections is not having to worry about transferring it to someone else, and not needing to schedule showers, swimming and sex around testosterone application times.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Why did you switch from injections? It seems most guys switch from transdermals to injections.

I used Axiron for a while and you may be right, but the problem I had is that unless my underarms were very dry before application it would turn white and flake off after a short time. It's also a little messy. I usually ended up with it running down my sides.

One advantage of injections is not having to worry about transferring it to someone else, and not needing to schedule showers, swimming and sex around testosterone application times.

Good point...If it ain't broke why fix it?
Why not use compounded gels which will use less volume. If you get a good compounder then you will be good.

I know people who are extremely intelligent, but just lack common sense...

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Im on 4 pumps a day and feeling pretty good. Wont be doing follow up bloodwork until spring unless i ask otherwise. With insurance i only pay $30 a month for two bottles. If anything ever changes though ill just hop on the shot.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know people who are extremely intelligent, but just lack common sense...
Off topic, but my good friend graduated from Harvard and is about the most useless person in the world when it comes to everyday processes and thinking. But, she'll kick your butt in a trivia contest. LOL.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Im on 4 pumps a day and feeling pretty good. Wont be doing follow up bloodwork until spring unless i ask otherwise. With insurance i only pay $30 a month for two bottles. If anything ever changes though ill just hop on the shot.
Through my insurance it's $80 for 3 bottles of Androgel 1.62, $30 for 3 200ml vials of Test enanthate, and $450 for 3 months worth of Testim gel!!!

I'm really curious to see what my blood results will be with the 1.62% Androgel.

tenntarheel

tenntarheel

Awards
Through my insurance it's $80 for 3 bottles of Androgel 1.62, $30 for 3 200ml vials of Test enanthate, and $450 for 3 months worth of Testim gel!!!

I'm really curious to see what my blood results will be with the 1.62% Androgel.
Just to echo, why switch to the more expensive transdermal from shots? Did you not like the shots?

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Just to echo, why switch to the more expensive transdermal from shots? Did you not like the shots?
The shots were driving up my e2 too much, even at low dose. And even though I asked so many times for an AI, every endo I've talked to says no. I was always happier and had a way better sex drive on Testim, so my new endo prescribed Androgel 1.62. I've tried the research Anastrozol in pill and liquid form, but I just don't trust the quality or dosage. The liquid made me really sick every time I took it, so I'm very cautious about research chems anymore.

There are times once in a while that I feel perfect and exactly where I wanna be, and I think to myself "I better rush to the hospital and get tested to see where my levels are!!!" haha TRT has successfully treated (or masked) a lot of problems I was having, but it has also given me problems I never had before.

Mr.TT

Awards
  • Established
AROMASIN might have agreed with you better.
A years worth of generic costs $60.

What were your E2 levels???? Were you pinning twice a week?

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
AROMASIN might have agreed with you better.
A years worth of generic costs $60.

What were your E2 levels???? Were you pinning twice a week?
Levels were staying in upper 40's. I started pinning 3 times a week at 25mg each time, and that seemed to help. I would like to try Aromasin, can't find the research stuff though. No one will prescribe it to me.

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Levels were staying in upper 40's. I started pinning 3 times a week at 25mg each time, and that seemed to help. I would like to try Aromasin, can't find the research stuff though. No one will prescribe it to me.
With 3x a week, how does that affect scar tissue build up? It seems like I read about that a lot, so I'm curious, especially since I do 1 shot every 2 weeks, and have considered splitting it into once a week. Thanks!

Mr.TT

Awards
  • Established
I have never used this brand, but, they are a sponsor here...
ww.purity-solutions.net/exemestane.html

BJE

BJE

Awards
The shots were driving up my e2 too much, even at low dose. And even though I asked so many times for an AI, every endo I've talked to says no. I was always happier and had a way better sex drive on Testim, so my new endo prescribed Androgel 1.62. I've tried the research Anastrozol in pill and liquid form, but I just don't trust the quality or dosage. The liquid made me really sick every time I took it, so I'm very cautious about research chems anymore.
It's interesting that you would have more problems with E2 on injections than transdermals. Most guys I know who have switched from transdermals to injections was because of high E2 on transdermals. Transdermals cause E2 problems because you are rubbing it right over the fat where the aromatase enzyme is produced. I think that the reason guys have trouble with E2 with injections is usually because of too large of a dose causing too large a testosterone spike.

If you could find a doctor to prescribe it you can get generic anastrozole pretty cheap and you wouldn't have to worry about quality.

With 3x a week, how does that affect scar tissue build up? It seems like I read about that a lot, so I'm curious, especially since I do 1 shot every 2 weeks, and have considered splitting it into once a week. Thanks!
I did HCG mono for about nine months giving myself daily sub Q injections with no problem with scar tissue. When I started testosterone injections I did them IM with a 31g needle twice a week, but have recently switched to injecting sub Q every other day. A 31g needle hardly even makes a hole.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
A 31g needle hardly even makes a hole.
Haha when I first started injecting they gave me 20g needles, and I used them for about five months before switching to 23g.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Haha when I first started injecting they gave me 20g needles, and I used them for about five months before switching to 23g.
Ive done 21g in the delts before!

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
So are you guys saying that scar tissue build up isnt a concern, or that it is not so much if smaller needles are used? It just seems like I've read from guys with multiple cycles that it was, and now thinking about TRT actually injecting more times than they do that it could be. FWIW, I use a 22g x 1-1/2 in the quad. Started with that in the glutes but my coordination is better at hitting my leg. I should find some 1" but the local pharmacy doesnt stock them so I just stop 1/2" short now.

tenntarheel

tenntarheel

Awards
So are you guys saying that scar tissue build up isnt a concern, or that it is not so much if smaller needles are used? It just seems like I've read from guys with multiple cycles that it was, and now thinking about TRT actually injecting more times than they do that it could be. FWIW, I use a 22g x 1-1/2 in the quad. Started with that in the glutes but my coordination is better at hitting my leg. I should find some 1" but the local pharmacy doesnt stock them so I just stop 1/2" short now.
Damn man! Just use a 25 or 27 gauge. Some guys here go even smaller but I think 25 is just right. If you're worried about scar tissue, then trash those 22s or just use them for drawing up the test. Plus with a nice small needle, you can inject delts, bis, tris, calves. You could spread the injections out so much that you won't really worry about scar tissue

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'll look into it, I was just using what the doc recommeded to start with. I draw with an 18, and the 22 doesn't bother me at all, but alternate sites would be something to look into with a smaller needle. Thanks!

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Man 1-2 shots a week of teste or cyp is SOOO much easyer.
after a few pins its nothing.

and if your in EU you can even get testundec (nibido) *spelling* and after building levels and leveling them out evenutally you would even do 1 shot every 2-3 months with no issue. (takes a lil while to get here though)

even 1X a week for teste or cyp is less hassle then cream EVERY damn day.

just my op though...

BJE

BJE

Awards
To quote someone in another forum, "A 20g needle isn't an injecting device, it's a harpoon".

I have given myself hundreds of HCG injections with a 31g and have had no noticeable scar tissue whatsoever. I am doing my test cyp injections with a 31g sub q. I read that you can't draw testosterone with such a small needle, but I have no problem at all. It takes a minute or two but that isn't an issue.

A 31g is only about half the diameter of a 25g so you hardly notice anything at all when inserting.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I'll look into it, I was just using what the doc recommeded to start with. I draw with an 18, and the 22 doesn't bother me at all, but alternate sites would be something to look into with a smaller needle. Thanks!
I Draw with 22 shot with 29 .. : )

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Damn man! Just use a 25 or 27 gauge. Some guys here go even smaller but I think 25 is just right. If you're worried about scar tissue, then trash those 22s or just use them for drawing up the test. Plus with a nice small needle, you can inject delts, bis, tris, calves. You could spread the injections out so much that you won't really worry about scar tissue
I bought some 25g x 5/8 this weekend and gave it a try. To be honest, I'm not sure I could tell a difference in feel between the 22 and 25, other than the 25 was much shorter and did seem to take much longer to push the 1cc through it. In the past I have had some pain a day or 2 later from the 22, so I will keep using the 25 and see if it works for that part, as it seems to have done at least that. Thanks for the recommendation.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys

Do u know if 1.62 can be applied over tattoos? :/ I'm all done up on upper arms and shoulders... Dr said to apply to stomach... But label is explicit in saying Not to.. Sooo what do I do!? Thanks!

Just switched from patches due to horrible rashes

.. 2 pumps a day starting now

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys

Do u know if 1.62 can be applied over tattoos? :/ I'm all done up on upper arms and shoulders... Dr said to apply to stomach... But label is explicit in saying Not to.. Sooo what do I do!? Thanks!

Just switched from patches due to horrible rashes

.. 2 pumps a day starting now
I do without any problem. I apply most of it on the side flanks of my torso and the little bit remaining on my shoulders. I do get shoulder pain if I put too much on them for too long a period. It's weird.

Sent from my iPhone

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I do without any problem. I apply most of it on the side flanks of my torso and the little bit remaining on my shoulders. I do get shoulder pain if I put too much on them for too long a period. It's weird.

Sent from my iPhone
Cool thanks man.. So avoid the tats then? I see u have a few on your arms but I'm half sleeved on both now

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Nah i just rub it right over them without any problem. Ill also rub some lotion on sometimes a few minutes after. From what ive read its actually supposed to help absorption.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nah i just rub it right over them without any problem. Ill also rub some lotion on sometimes a few minutes after. From what ive read its actually supposed to help absorption.
Nice thanks again

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Last day I'm using this stuff, back to injections I go!

sgee

Awards
I've been getting great results from the past 2 months (used patented before that for 6 months) from a 4oz generic testosterone gel I got off a website that delivers within the US. Paid with a moneypak of all things. :35:

For me, the expense of the prescription was just too much and had to find something much cheaper but equally as reliable/strong. But yeah, for guys that are more active users of anabolics, t-gel is mostly used to balance inbetween cycles, so the results won't be as noticable as someone who does t replacement therapy more on the reg.