Need some help with trt

Buzzed

Awards
Hello everyone
I'm pretty new to the whole trt thing. A little about myself
46 years old
256 lbs and dropping
I was 275. 2 months ago and have been doing pretty good taking off weight so far. But my problem is that 6 months ago I found out that I needed to have my testicles removed for medical reasons. I had a low testosterone level of 360 with a range of 350/1100 bfore surgury.It was not terrible but not where it should of been at my age. Libido was not great I was tired most of the time and could not get myself out of my funk. So 5 months ago I had the surgery and started on trt. I was prescribed 400 mgs test cyp every 3 weeks. After doing a lot of research I found that the every three week thing was very old school (so was my dr) so seeing the dr just gave me the prescription I decided to split the dose into 135 mg per week to better regulate my levels. After the first 6 weeks the dr did a blood test but only checked total testosterone it came back at 751. At that point i was not feeling anything and still not in the high normal range so I decided to try 200 mgs per week to see if I felt anything there. Well after about a week I started to get morning erections again after a long time without. At this point I figured I must be pretty close to the right dose but after about a week the morning erections started to disappear. I stayed on the 200 mgs a week because I had 4 month lab coming up and wanted to see what my numbers were. Meanwhile my nipples started felling weird. They didn't hurt but felt strange. So I had my blood drawn at the 4 month mark and as I suspected my e 2 level was way too high.

Total testosterone 1359 ( 250-1100) high
Free testosterone. 252.8 (35-155). High
E-2. 68.1. (0-39.8) high

So I told my dr I had already lowered my dose in half and he agreed but when I asked him about an AI he said it will not be needed if I lowered testosterone. My nipple and libido and general feeling of well being we're in the dumps and I did not want to wait for gyno before doing anything so I bought erase pro to try to knock down my e2 level instead of waiting for my next labs in 3 months. My dr is dead set against an AI . What do you guys think. Should I find a new dr. Stick with the OTC AI or just go with the drs recommendation. How fast will gyno come on. Since I started the erase pro my nipples are not as bad as they were but they are definitely not normal either.

ajntorinj

Awards
You did not say when you had the blood draw relative to your last dose of testosterone. However, it is likely your testosterone levels are too high. Your doc is right; if you lower your dose of testosterone that will clear up some of your estradiol issues.

Consider lowering your test dosage and procuring an AI from a research chem site if your doctor won't prescribe one to you.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Hello everyone
I'm pretty new to the whole trt thing. A little about myself
46 years old
256 lbs and dropping
I was 275. 2 months ago and have been doing pretty good taking off weight so far. But my problem is that 6 months ago I found out that I needed to have my testicles removed for medical reasons. I had a low testosterone level of 360 with a range of 350/1100 bfore surgury.It was not terrible but not where it should of been at my age. Libido was not great I was tired most of the time and could not get myself out of my funk. So 5 months ago I had the surgery and started on trt. I was prescribed 400 mgs test cyp every 3 weeks. After doing a lot of research I found that the every three week thing was very old school (so was my dr) so seeing the dr just gave me the prescription I decided to split the dose into 135 mg per week to better regulate my levels. After the first 6 weeks the dr did a blood test but only checked total testosterone it came back at 751. At that point i was not feeling anything and still not in the high normal range so I decided to try 200 mgs per week to see if I felt anything there. Well after about a week I started to get morning erections again after a long time without. At this point I figured I must be pretty close to the right dose but after about a week the morning erections started to disappear. I stayed on the 200 mgs a week because I had 4 month lab coming up and wanted to see what my numbers were. Meanwhile my nipples started felling weird. They didn't hurt but felt strange. So I had my blood drawn at the 4 month mark and as I suspected my e 2 level was way too high.

Total testosterone 1359 ( 250-1100) high
Free testosterone. 252.8 (35-155). High
E-2. 68.1. (0-39.8) high

So I told my dr I had already lowered my dose in half and he agreed but when I asked him about an AI he said it will not be needed if I lowered testosterone. My nipple and libido and general feeling of well being we're in the dumps and I did not want to wait for gyno before doing anything so I bought erase pro to try to knock down my e2 level instead of waiting for my next labs in 3 months. My dr is dead set against an AI . What do you guys think. Should I find a new dr. Stick with the OTC AI or just go with the drs recommendation. How fast will gyno come on. Since I started the erase pro my nipples are not as bad as they were but they are definitely not normal either.
Where are you getting these labs done? One should know what method of testing which is being done to validate the accuracy. Erase you are wasting your money with those levels.

Buzzed

Awards
Where are you getting these labs done? One should know what method of testing which is being done to validate the accuracy. Erase you are wasting your money with those levels.
The test were performed at labcorp. I don't understand what you are saying as far as the pro is a waste of money. Do you mean my e2 is not that bad or is the pro not any good. Thanks for the reply. I will be on trt the rest of my life so I want to get it right.

Buzzed

Awards
You did not say when you had the blood draw relative to your last dose of testosterone. However, it is likely your testosterone levels are too high. Your doc is right; if you lower your dose of testosterone that will clear up some of your estradiol issues.

Consider lowering your test dosage and procuring an AI from a research chem site if your doctor won't prescribe one to you.
The blood test was 6 days after my last injection. I cut my dose from 200 mg a week to 100 a week but I wonder if e2 will drop to half as I drop the testosterone to half. The reason I say that is because even if it did drop in half it would still be too high. Maybe it will drop more do to taking the erase. In any case thank you very much for the reply and yes I am reading up on the research stuff now

ajntorinj

Awards
Wow, if those are your T levels 6 days after injection, then yes, you were way too high on your dosage. You say you cut back to 100mg/week. Is this temporary? You mentioned before that this was not a sufficient level for you. Either way, pick a dosage, stay on it, get labs, revise dosage, repeat.

I don't know what your estradiol level will fall to; it might be linear with exogenous T, but I don't know. That's why you need to get follow-up labs.

Buzzed

Awards
I didn't really know what my body would need to be in the high normal.all I knew is at 135 mg weekly my level was 751 6 days after my last shot. Now it looks like that 751 was a good number for being 6 days after shot. I really thought taking the shot every week that I would not get such big highs and lows. I plan on sticking with the 100 mgs a week until mid December and my appt for a complete lab done. My dr said he will check everything under the sun and if I see anything he missed he will add that in too. He is not a bad dr at all he just has not had very much experience with trt. But I brought him a bunch of stuff I printed up with me to my last appt and he asked to make copies. I told him I made those copies for him. He said he will study up on them and do some research himself. So I'm not ready to just jump ship on him but on the other hand. I dont want gyno or other bad side effects as he is trying to get up to speed.

ajntorinj

Awards
You might want to consider splitting that dosage into two injections per week. That will mitigate estradiol production and help maintain steady testosterone levels.

tenntarheel

tenntarheel

Awards
I think it's definitely promising that he said he would read your papers as well as do his own research. Don't put your swimmies on yet!! Lol