Seriously?

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Just got a call from my new endo, and he said the results of my total testosterone (4 hours after injection of 30mg) was 1404ng/dl !!! How is this possible? I inject 30mg 3x a week to keep e2 from getting too high. When I was using 50mg twice a week the level was 1252ng/dl 24 hours after injection. He is again recommending I use Androgel 1.62% since the injections raise my test level through the roof, even using a low dose. Should I try 15mg 3x a week? I'm confused.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Just got a call from my new endo, and he said the results of my total testosterone (4 hours after injection of 30mg) was 1404ng/dl !!! How is this possible? I inject 30mg 3x a week to keep e2 from getting too high. When I was using 50mg twice a week the level was 1252ng/dl 24 hours after injection. He is again recommending I use Androgel 1.62% since the injections raise my test level through the roof, even using a low dose. Should I try 15mg 3x a week? I'm confused.
Why the hell is he measuring 4 hours after injection? Does not make sense personally. I would measure day before shot or morning of the shot to see where your trough to mid range it. OMG you are at 1404 for a matter of 5-6 hours better reduce the dosage...GIVE ME A BREAK..

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What in the world? Honestly, I would have looked this guy with the crooked eye if he asked me to take a test right after I injected. What was he expecting the results were going to be?

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Any idea what amount might peak my test level around 900 at the most? I'm thinking about 20mg

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
You are going to drive your self and US nuts trying to micromanage your hormones. LOOK BIGGER PICS..

BJE

BJE

Awards
My doctor has me test the morning of injection prior to injecting. He is concerned about how low I go not how high I go. My latest test result was 817 on a dose of 100mg test cyp divided into two 50mg weekly doses.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
My doctor has me test the morning of injection prior to injecting. He is concerned about how low I go not how high I go. My latest test result was 817 on a dose of 100mg test cyp divided into two 50mg weekly doses.
Right where you need to be provided your SHBG is not elevated and e2 is in check. How are your symptoms?

BJE

BJE

Awards
Right where you need to be provided your SHBG is not elevated and e2 is in check. How are your symptoms?
Well, I think my E2 is in check, but my SHBG is always high. In this test it was 63.3. This gives me free test in the lower half of the range. I switched from test cream to injections about two months ago since the cream just wasn't getting my level up. Since switching to injections sex is great, and I seem to have put on some lean mass (I've added 1/2" to my biceps) and I am getting stronger, but there are still a lot of things that I hope will improve. Things such as depression, anxiety, mental focus etc.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Well, I think my E2 is in check, but my SHBG is always high. In this test it was 63.3. This gives me free test in the lower half of the range. I switched from test cream to injections about two months ago since the cream just wasn't getting my level up. Since switching to injections sex is great, and I seem to have put on some lean mass (I've added 1/2" to my biceps) and I am getting stronger, but there are still a lot of things that I hope will improve. Things such as depression, anxiety, mental focus etc.
SHBG being elevated is usually a sign on inflammation in the GI or liver in majority of cases from environmental exposure to xenoestrogens,pesticides or even myoctoxins. PRobably its lack of the body being able to detoxify due to some alteration in your detoxification pathways. I see it all to commonly in males. Just in the past 8 years has been a common trend. Correcting proper pathways has helped lower it in some cases as well as removing source of inflammation (foods, exposures, ect)

BJE

BJE

Awards
SHBG being elevated is usually a sign on inflammation in the GI or liver in majority of cases from environmental exposure to xenoestrogens,pesticides or even myoctoxins. PRobably its lack of the body being able to detoxify due to some alteration in your detoxification pathways. I see it all to commonly in males. Just in the past 8 years has been a common trend. Correcting proper pathways has helped lower it in some cases as well as removing source of inflammation (foods, exposures, ect)
As a farmer in living in an agricultural area, exposure to pesticides is almost unavoidable. I've been thinking about looking into the GI inflammation. I don't have any noticeable digestive issues, food allergies etc., but it's worth looking in to.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
As a farmer in living in an agricultural area, exposure to pesticides is almost unavoidable. I've been thinking about looking into the GI inflammation. I don't have any noticeable digestive issues, food allergies etc., but it's worth looking in to.
40% of patients referred by Dr have no gi related symptoms, but symptoms improve when GI is properly addressed. I can not tell you how many cases of contact dermatis, roscea, acnes, rashes, neurological issues improved or resolved when Gi and liver where properly investigated. Since i am highly networked with health professionals, I have access to all the specialized testing. When suspect there are GI issues I usually look at amino acid profile, neurotransmitters, stool samples test, now even genetic testing is where Drs are just referring multiple cases out a week. Correcting GI and liver pathways tend may resolve these issues. I have been finding genetic relationships between a couple different gene variants for high SHBG. Its truly fascinating...

alpinecoach

alpinecoach

Awards
40% of patients referred by Dr have no gi related symptoms, but symptoms improve when GI is properly addressed. I can not tell you how many cases of contact dermatis, roscea, acnes, rashes, neurological issues improved or resolved when Gi and liver where properly investigated. Since i am highly networked with health professionals, I have access to all the specialized testing. When suspect there are GI issues I usually look at amino acid profile, neurotransmitters, stool samples test, now even genetic testing is where Drs are just referring multiple cases out a week. Correcting GI and liver pathways tend may resolve these issues. I have been finding genetic relationships between a couple different gene variants for high SHBG. Its truly fascinating...
When I began investigating why my test was low, my Dr did extensive food alergy testing, and found that I had some very big issues with certain foods. I cut out all of the foods that I had issues with, and my psoriasis cleared completely on its own. GI and inflamation seem to run hand in hand. Just my personal experience.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
When I began investigating why my test was low, my Dr did extensive food alergy testing, and found that I had some very big issues with certain foods. I cut out all of the foods that I had issues with, and my psoriasis cleared completely on its own. GI and inflamation seem to run hand in hand. Just my personal experience.
The same embroyotic material that Gi forms from is the same layer your skin comes from..Proof is right there..Why Gi and skin issues are linked.

alpinecoach

alpinecoach

Awards
Crazy to think that I suffered with this skin disorder most of my life, taking some very harsh meds that make methylated steroids look like candy, and all I had to do was fix my diet! Seems that today's doctors are all about treating the symptom and not the problem. I assume that this is a direct result of the insurance industry.

I am very lucky that I have found a doctor that is willing to do what's necessary to find the root cause.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Crazy to think that I suffered with this skin disorder most of my life, taking some very harsh meds that make methylated steroids look like candy, and all I had to do was fix my diet! Seems that today's doctors are all about treating the symptom and not the problem. I assume that this is a direct result of the insurance industry.

I am very lucky that I have found a doctor that is willing to do what's necessary to find the root cause.
Kudos to your Dr
For.using common sense which is over looked more often in medicine these days..

BJE

BJE

Awards
The same embroyotic material that Gi forms from is the same layer your skin comes from..Proof is right there..Why Gi and skin issues are linked.
I may or may not have GI issues, but I definitely do not have any skin issues or any noticeable allergies of any sort.

alpinecoach

alpinecoach

Awards
Point I was making is I never even considered this a being relative to "other" body function. Certainly worth looking into.

Vatality

Awards
My Doctor has me get tested in the mornings. It makes sense.