Super painful test cypionate injection?

H

hawaiijedi

Awards
Hi everyone, I have been getting weekly injections from my doctor of test cypionate 200mg in my glutes and I alternate left and right cheek every week. I have been doing this for about 4 months now and usually pretty painless. For some reason today the needle going in hurt like he'll and even the injection. It was not too high or too low on the glute, but man it smarts! I still feel tender after 4 hours more than usual. Should I be concerned and call my doctor?

Pericles

Pericles

Awards
That's pretty odd for you to feel the shot afterwards. I inject twice a week in my glutes (wife does it for me) and I can't feel anything 30 seconds after the needle comes out. I wouldn't freak about it, but definitely talk to him about it next time. Maybe he is using a larger gauge needle or something? I use a 23 gauge and like I said, can't feel a thing...and I don't have a high pain threshhold or anything.

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's common. I used to hate having the nurses inject me because they'd just jam it and half the time I couldn't sit on that cheek for a day because it would be so sore. Since I have been doing it myself, I never feel a thing.

H

hawaiijedi

Awards
Thanks for the input guys I really appreciate it. I always have to psych myself up to inject myself so I've just been letting the doc do it usually he's pretty good but oh boy, not today.

alpinecoach

alpinecoach

Awards
I have had this happen a couple of times self injecting, think I must have direct hit a small nerve or something. I would not worry.

H

hawaiijedi

Awards
I gave myself the injection and man I did feel better and way less pain cause I was very careful and slow injecting the test. It did make a difference from how quickly the doc does it.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I gave myself the injection and man I did feel better and way less pain cause I was very careful and slow injecting the test. It did make a difference from how quickly the doc does it.
Why you ask to self inject, with a smaller gauge more frequently. May want to reduce the dosages. 95% of the cases will never require 200 mgs unless you have high SHBG or the Dr has not properly evaluated other systems

bigt405

bigt405

Awards
You ever thought about injecting in your outer quad. That is where I am doing it with a 23 gauge needle and it is painless.

Pericles

Pericles

Awards
You ever thought about injecting in your outer quad. That is where I am doing it with a 23 gauge needle and it is painless.
I have injected in the quad before and found I had some soreness in the area the following day. I was using a 23g, 1 inch needle. How long is your needle, and can you describe where on the outer quad you inject? Thanks!

bigt405

bigt405

Awards
I have injected in the quad before and found I had some soreness in the area the following day. I was using a 23g, 1 inch needle. How long is your needle, and can you describe where on the outer quad you inject? Thanks!
I believe I am using the same needle as you. The first time I too was a little sore, but after that time no soreness(can't realy explain that except maybe I am not jamming it in like I did on my first ever injection. As far as explaining where I inject it would probably be better for you to do a search on youtube for testosterone injections and watch a few.....that is what I did.