Looking For Advice On Testosterone Therapy

Testinator

Awards
Hello All

I am a 40 year old male and found that through bloodwork my T-levels are usually 5 nmol/L. I have never experienced ED but it may be useful for anyone willing to offer me advice that I did have a delayed onset puberty not entering it until I was half way through sixteen yrs old.

I am not out of shape and am in good health but don't have much drive (work, sex or otherwise) and have sought the help of a doctor but I have not responded well to the steroid forms I have tried so far.

When I have gone to the gym in the past to weightlift I used to respond well to Testosterone boosters found at supplement stores but found they stopped working as I got into my late thirties.

So I am checking out forums to read and discuss the subject so I can possibly find a happy mid-range for T-levels.

The first tries were with (I cant remember the name sry) serum steroid, injected by the doctor (every 2 weeks) and the blood tests showed a sharp spike then a crash in the levels and whats worse was the side effect of the palm of my hands really starting to crag up and crack (lesions).

Next I tried Andriol capsule form and the side effect started to show up when I got to 3 a day and a test showed 19 nmol/L but this side effect was unacceptable.

Then I tried Androgel and 4 pumps a day brought 10 nmol/L and thats too pricey and felt no different.

So since May this year I have been using 4 caps of Andriol and 4 pumps of Androgel daily and have had more drive and improved sense of well being and a level of 17 nmol/L and the side effect has mostly gone away.

This costs me $250 a month (Canada) and I notice my balls are slowly starting to shrink.

If any folks here would care to share about alternative ideas etc. I would be in your debt. I would willing to try other injectable forms my doctor would be willing to prescribe.

Pericles

Pericles

Awards
Do you have any recent labs that show total test, free test, estradiol? There is a sticky somewhere on this site that lists the recommended labs - which are more than I note - for TRT and other protocols. The fine folks here would be glad to help with suggestions, but I fear you have not provided enough detail for them to get a decent look 'inside' to figure out what is going on.

Your Androgel is increasing the level of T in your system, which your Hypothalamus recognizes is a high enough level that your Pituitary is no longer sending the LH (Luteinizing Hormone) chemical signal to your nuts...no LH and no testicular function, thus the boys go to sleep. HCG injections simulate LH, and thus will keep them awake and producing some level of T.

It appears some people use HCG to retain nut size, plus for some it gives them a sense of well being, not directly related to the size of their nuts, but for some other reason (can't recall right now...sorry).

Testinator

Awards
Do you have any recent labs that show total test, free test, estradiol? There is a sticky somewhere on this site that lists the recommended labs - which are more than I note - for TRT and other protocols. The fine folks here would be glad to help with suggestions, but I fear you have not provided enough detail for them to get a decent look 'inside' to figure out what is going on.

Your Androgel is increasing the level of T in your system, which your Hypothalamus recognizes is a high enough level that your Pituitary is no longer sending the LH (Luteinizing Hormone) chemical signal to your nuts...no LH and no testicular function, thus the boys go to sleep. HCG injections simulate LH, and thus will keep them awake and producing some level of T.

It appears some people use HCG to retain nut size, plus for some it gives them a sense of well being, not directly related to the size of their nuts, but for some other reason (can't recall right now...sorry).
The lab results don't appear to show free test or estradiol.

HCG shots are something that I will request from my doctor.

Test Example #1 (8 andriol capsules, 2 taken 4 times daily with food)

Results
Gamma GT 15
ALT 17
AST 22

Reference
Gamma GT < 49
ALT < 50
AST < 36

Testosterone L5.2 nmol/L 8.4 - 28.7 nmol/L (Reference Range)

Last edited:
Pericles

Pericles

Awards
Will your doc prescribe Test Cyp and allow you to self inject? I have noticed personally and read from many others on this forum that best results are obtained from a twice weekly injection schedule of Test Cyp. Some can go once weekly, but that's about all that seems to work. Some docs are still putting people on one injection every two weeks, but for most of them it appears their serum level has declined actually below normal at the end of two weeks.

I believe oral Test caps are hard on the liver whereas injectable Test is not. Something else to consider.

Testinator

Awards
Will your doc prescribe Test Cyp and allow you to self inject? I have noticed personally and read from many others on this forum that best results are obtained from a twice weekly injection schedule of Test Cyp. Some can go once weekly, but that's about all that seems to work. Some docs are still putting people on one injection every two weeks, but for most of them it appears their serum level has declined actually below normal at the end of two weeks.

I believe oral Test caps are hard on the liver whereas injectable Test is not. Something else to consider.
I will discuss Test Cyp with my Rx although I don't know if he'll condone self-injecting.

This is very helpful insight, the interval info, HCG, caps effect on the liver (my Rx did have my liver function analyzed and said it looks OK, but over the long term is something that concerns me) et al, so I'd like to thank-you for taking the time, I will look further into the information posted in various forums as well.

-cheers

Testinator

Awards
There is many forms of testosterone therapy. But for the most part what would ideal for you would be testosterone pellet therapy with estrogen blocks added in them. The pellets are time release, so that you won't have that up and down feeling plus you won't have to worry about going in to see your doctor to get your shots every one to two weeks. Another thing that would be excellent for you as well instead of HGH try IGFCompound.
IGFCompound ( IGF 1)is what HGH turns into once the liver has metabolized it. Now the compound part is all your B vitamins( B6, B12, B-complexes, amino acids, Tribulus Terrestris which is a natural testosterone booster, and few more active natural ingredients. As a matter of fact all the ingredients in IGFCompound are natural from the IGF1 that is bio identical to the IGF that our body produces already so it's not foreign to our body there for you get instant affects from day 1 of administering the product.The product is also FDA approved and is a sub lingual nutraceutical so no injections are required at all with this product. So in closing I definitely recommend for you to do your research and read up more about IGFCompounds and its many benefits. I know that it will regulate you and give you a much better quality of life.
Thanks for reading
DNASportsLab
Dnasportslab.com
305-397-8482
I will look into this subject matter as it looks interesting as well. For me it appeals to my desire to start getting some size from weight lifting as I am getting older and want to avoid sagging as much as possible . But I want my muscles to not be roid based, I mean its normal T-levels I desire, and want to put the time in, not short-cutting it. Insulin Growth Factor technology sounds like a great addition.

-cheers

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I figured it would only be a matter of time before companies trying to push yet another useless OTC herbal test booster chimed into this area.