Oil left over

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Anyone notice how much oil is left in the syringe after injecting? It's about 5mg, wasted every time. Instead of injecting 30mg, I'm actually injecting 25mg. Is there a solution to this?

Andy G

Andy G

Awards
I spray the remainder of mine out onto my hand and rub it on my inner thigh or shoulders sometimes.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
We're probably losing around 50mg per vial

rambofireball

rambofireball

Awards
  • Established
A nurse told me to push the oil to the end of the needle pointing downward so that some air would be left in the syringe when injecting, once you get a little pop you know all the oil is in the injection spot. I dont actually do this, but it was from a nurse.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
After some research, I found that this is called the "air lock technique." It is only used in intramuscular injections and will not cause harm. Make sure you aspirate however, to ensure that you have not hot a vein. No blood, no problems.
I am going to do this on Friday so I will report back.

rambofireball

rambofireball

Awards
  • Established
After some research, I found that this is called the "air lock technique." It is only used in intramuscular injections and will not cause harm. Make sure you aspirate however, to ensure that you have not hot a vein. No blood, no problems.
I am going to do this on Friday so I will report back.
Right on, please do.

ajntorinj

Awards
Switch to insulin syringes. The smaller you use, the less you lose.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
well, I just did it. I got as much in me as I could. There was just a tiny drop left in the syringe. I'm satisfied but I think I can do even better next week? You have to keep the syringe oriented correctly to keep the air bubble behind the oil when injecting. But other than that, I have found my new technique!!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you honestly concerned about these miniscule amounts of oil left? A single drop?

tenntarheel

tenntarheel

Awards
I bet you guys use water to get that last lil bit of shampoo or soap out of bottles don't you? JK. It really is a negligible amount. Not enough to REALLY worry about

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
It's about 5mg lost each time (I've measured it), so yes it does bother me. Looks a lot different when you're using a 1cc syringe! Anyway, the bubble technique definitely works! The bubble pushes the oil almost to the end of the needle, so you're getting 99% of the oil. Works great! You're losing around one 50mg dose per vial if you're not doing this.

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
As best i can figure the volume left in my needle is 5 microliters or less. So at worst 100 microliters per bottle which is 0.1 ml. Which comes out to 20mg at worst. Best case more like 10mg per bottle.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Are you honestly concerned about these miniscule amounts of oil left? A single drop?
Sure am! My vials currently are only 1ml and I shoot 1/2 ml a week. It does more good in me than in the trash

tenntarheel

tenntarheel

Awards
Bet ya won't notice any benefit of getting 100mg vs 97mg twice a week. The time spent worrying about it would be better spent on diet and training. IMHO

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh snap.

It just got testy in here....thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
A nurse told me to push the oil to the end of the needle pointing downward so that some air would be left in the syringe when injecting, once you get a little pop you know all the oil is in the injection spot. I dont actually do this, but it was from a nurse.
My inject a few days ago, I felt a distinct "pop" when the air pushed the remaining oil out. I felt it in the syringe, not in my muscle. Cool! I got exactly 100% of the oil in me. Outstanding.

Those who think it is dumb to use all the product and waste none are better to keep their non productive commentary to themselves. Y'all can throw the whole thing in the trash if it makes you happy. I for one am happy to use all I pay for in this situation.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
My inject a few days ago, I felt a distinct "pop" when the air pushed the remaining oil out. I felt it in the syringe, not in my muscle. Cool! I got exactly 100% of the oil in me. Outstanding.

Those who think it is dumb to use all the product and waste none are better to keep their non productive commentary to themselves. Y'all can throw the whole thing in the trash if it makes you happy. I for one am happy to use all I pay for in this situation.
Gotta love that method!

tenntarheel

tenntarheel

Awards
More power to ya man. I think this may be the missing component of me breaking the 500 bench plateau!! This is totally splitting hairs, or pinching pennies, if you will

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
More power to ya man. I think this may be the missing component of me breaking the 500 bench plateau!! This is totally splitting hairs, or pinching pennies, if you will
This is the way I see it, say you buy a 24 pack of bottled water. Would you throw away one bottle even though it's not worth much? It's easy to get that small amount out of the syringe with the bubble method, and for me (maybe its the type of syringes/needles I use), I save about 50ml per vial! That's two doses for me, since I use 25ml per dose. Ok I think we can end this thread, no point in posting anything more about this haha

RedRaptor

Awards
I wish I would have thought of this back in September when I needed 5 weeks worth instead of 4.
I was stuck in Africa and had to miss a few doses because I only get sent 2.4ml and take .6ml per week.
I think this method might have let me squeeze one more dose out of the bottle.
I see that some gets wasted when I go from the draw needle to the inject needle.
I've started pulling it all into the syringe once I've drawn it out of the bottle. .3ml becomes almost .4ml after emptying the draw needle.
Normally I wouldn't worry about it but when I get 4 weeks worth and at times have to stretch it to 5 weeks.. Could mean the difference between going without.