Wanted to know if free testosterone level of 643.0 pg/mL is good

hawaiijedi

Awards
I have been on weekly TRT injections of 200mg of test cypionate for about 2 months now and my total test and free was 1908 ng/dL and my free testosterone is at 643.0 pg/mL. I am new to TRT and was wondering if those are high and good levels or just average levels on TRT with test cyp injections. I also take 1mg of anastrazole 2 or 3 times a week and my Estradiol level is 12pg/mL. I am 38 yrs old and train hard in the gym. I appreciate any help and feedback and look forward to your replies.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I have been on weekly TRT injections of 200mg of test cypionate for about 2 months now and my total test and free was 1908 ng/dL and my free testosterone is at 643.0 pg/mL. I am new to TRT and was wondering if those are high and good levels or just average levels on TRT with test cyp injections. I also take 1mg of anastrazole 2 or 3 times a week and my Estradiol level is 12pg/mL. I am 38 yrs old and train hard in the gym. I appreciate any help and feedback and look forward to your replies.
You are asking for potential major complications from down stream of the effect from higher testosterone on cortisol, thyroid and other bones issues.
Its not about hard training in the Gym, but getting a better quality of life. Sounds to me like a cookie cutter approach from testosterone mill

napalm

napalm

Awards
1908? Bro, that's a bit much. I'm really surprised lately how many guys are coming to the forum saying they're starting out at 200/week. In one of the few times I'm in agreement w matrix, this appears like a 'shotgun' approach to trt. Your e2 is a little on the low side as well. Remember, you do need SOME estrogen bud. IMO, you should talk to your doc about dropping the dose of the test and everything else. I'd start out at 50 twice a week, evaluate how you feel, and adjust from there...

hawaiijedi

Awards
Thanks for your replies, what is the level of estrogen I should be at? Since mine was 12? Also with those levels how long could I safely run that without damaging thyroid? I will run labs again at the end of the month and maybe drop down dose. I will talk to my doc as well. I think that the low number of estrogen could be the reason for my low libido despite high test numbers. I take 1mg 3 times a week of anastrazole what do you guys recommend for the dosage? Thanks for your help.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Thanks for your replies, what is the level of estrogen I should be at? Since mine was 12? Also with those levels how long could I safely run that without damaging thyroid? I will run labs again at the end of the month and maybe drop down dose. I will talk to my doc as well. I think that the low number of estrogen could be the reason for my low libido despite high test numbers. I take 1mg 3 times a week of anastrazole what do you guys recommend for the dosage? Thanks for your help.
I think that you should talk to your doc bro, if you try 50/twice a week you might feel great and not need any of the other stuff. I'm on 75/twice a week and don't take anything other than one erase a day 5 on 2 off. Multiple injections per week is the way to go.

Good luck...

hawaiijedi

Awards
Thanks napalm appreciate the advice. So your libido is good with the twice weekly at 75? If you don't mind me asking what are your estrogen numbers?

alpinecoach

alpinecoach

Awards
I think that you should talk to your doc bro, if you try 50/twice a week you might feel great and not need any of the other stuff. I'm on 75/twice a week and don't take anything other than one erase a day 5 on 2 off. Multiple injections per week is the way to go.

Good luck...
I am in complete agreement, lower dose 2x/week and it cruise control. I use the same protocol with erase and my E2 stays arount 25-30.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Thanks napalm appreciate the advice. So your libido is good with the twice weekly at 75? If you don't mind me asking what are your estrogen numbers?
dude, i feel great. i'll be getting labs drawn in a couple weeks, e2 done when i was on 50/twice weekly was 43, which for my lab is high normal. that's one of the reasons i picked up a bottle of erase, so we'll see what the labs say. i've had really no symptoms of high estrogen, except MAYBE a couple extra pounds of water, which could also be from the creatine i take, so who knows. i'm hoping the erase brings it down to like in the 20's.

even when i was at 50/twice a week i wanted to screw everything that walks, not much change there since i went up to 75/twice a week. wife loves it...

napalm

napalm

Awards
I am in complete agreement, lower dose 2x/week and it cruise control. I use the same protocol with erase and my E2 stays arount 25-30.
awesome, that's what i like to hear. do you take 1/day 5 on 2 off?

alpinecoach

alpinecoach

Awards
awesome, that's what i like to hear. do you take 1/day 5 on 2 off?
1 per day, 5 on 2 off. I was taking 2 per day, but E2 was getting to low, libido started to suffer just a little. Cut it back to 1 and things are going/ feeling good.

hawaiijedi

Awards
So I guess with my level being at 12 for estrogen that is why my libido is low despite the huge test numbers. Thanks for all your guys help and I am glad you're doing well.

vassille

Awards
So I guess with my level being at 12 for estrogen that is why my libido is low despite the huge test numbers. Thanks for all your guys help and I am glad you're doing well.
Believe it or not you would get better errections at a lower dose of test. Bring your test into range(less than 1200) and keep E2 around 20 and see what happens.

hawaiijedi

Awards
So having the high numbers of test that I had isn't good for erections and libido?

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
dude, i feel great. i'll be getting labs drawn in a couple weeks, e2 done when i was on 50/twice weekly was 43, which for my lab is high normal. that's one of the reasons i picked up a bottle of erase, so we'll see what the labs say. i've had really no symptoms of high estrogen, except MAYBE a couple extra pounds of water, which could also be from the creatine i take, so who knows. i'm hoping the erase brings it down to like in the 20's.

even when i was at 50/twice a week i wanted to screw everything that walks, not much change there since i went up to 75/twice a week. wife loves it...
Do you mind updating us on your next test about how erase is going controlling your e2?

And to be clear...did you get bumped to 75mg twice a week AND start erase simultaneously?(since your last blood test)

napalm

napalm

Awards
Do you mind updating us on your next test about how erase is going controlling your e2?

And to be clear...did you get bumped to 75mg twice a week AND start erase simultaneously?(since your last blood test)
Hey sourdough, what's up? No problem dude, I already intended to post my labs. I really can't wait to get them done. I'm going to call and make the appt today.

To answer your second question, it was about a month after I went up to 75/week before I started the erase. I've been on the erase now for I think 3 weeks, I think that's enough time for any effects to take place.

My last labs were done in August, test level was like 380 six days after injection so my endo bumped me up and said it was ok to start pinning twice a week.

Since then WOO HOO

Again, I'd like to point out I've had no symptoms of high e2.

alpinecoach

alpinecoach

Awards
Believe it or not you would get better errections at a lower dose of test. Bring your test into range(less than 1200) and keep E2 around 20 and see what happens.
This is spot on for me, test at 1200 and E2 at 25 and things are good.

hawaiijedi

Awards
Thanks so much guys one more question if you don't mind, is that 1200 number for total testosterone or just free testosterone?

alpinecoach

alpinecoach

Awards
That's total, my free test is 300. A free of 1200 is through the roof!!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
not really and im taking from experience.
ditto. I hit 1200-1300 and sex drive is useless. A couple days later when it would drop to 900-1000- booooiiinng. lol. Now I do everything I can to keep it 1000 or lower.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
ditto. I hit 1200-1300 and sex drive is useless. A couple days later when it would drop to 900-1000- booooiiinng. lol. Now I do everything I can to keep it 1000 or lower.
Same exact experience here

hawaiijedi

Awards
Wow that's great now I can see why my numbers of 1908 for total and 643 are real high. I'm surprised that I don't feel stronger than I normally am even with those high numbers.

hawaiijedi

Awards
I think it strange that those high levels of free and total test would cause a strength increase during training. I don't feel stronger yet. Does anyone have any theories?

napalm

napalm

Awards
I think it strange that those high levels of free and total test would cause a strength increase during training. I don't feel stronger yet. Does anyone have any theories?
It's all directly related to the effort you put in your training.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Agreed. I think people expect high test to make them ultra strong all of a sudden. It allows you the capacity to build strength and grow bigger, but you still need to do the basics through muscle tension and a routine to build that strength. You don't get a boost in test and automatically put 75lbs on your squat.

One of the main differences you will notice is that by doing the same routines you have been doing, your body composition will change. I've always been muscular, but about 3 months on TRT, I was visibly larger and cut. Bigger quads/hams, shoulders wider, neck a little thicker, I can barely put on my wedding ring, etc.

alpinecoach

alpinecoach

Awards
Agreed. I think people expect high test to make them ultra strong all of a sudden. It allows you the capacity to build strength and grow bigger, but you still need to do the basics through muscle tension and a routine to build that strength. You don't get a boost in test and automatically put 75lbs on your squat.

One of the main differences you will notice is that by doing the same routines you have been doing, your body composition will change. I've always been muscular, but about 3 months on TRT, I was visibly larger and cut. Bigger quads/hams, shoulders wider, neck a little thicker, I can barely put on my wedding ring, etc.
This statement is spot on. One thing missed, is the fact that your recovery period is reduced. My body comp after three months is dramaticaly different, I was in pretty good shape to start with. All of the sudden I have abs again.:veryhappy:

hawaiijedi

Awards
I train real hard in the gym and I didn't expect huge strength gains I have gotten larger but strength is the same. Oh well thanks for all your help guys.

hawaiijedi

Awards
Sorry one more question, I take 1mg of arimadex 3 times a week. Should I cut it to. 5mg 3 times a week? My estrogen was at 12 when last checked.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Sorry one more question, I take 1mg of arimadex 3 times a week. Should I cut it to. 5mg 3 times a week? My estrogen was at 12 when last checked.
if it were me, i'd want to know what my labs were w/o it as a baseline.

hawaiijedi

Awards
Napalm, so you think that I should stop taking it for a few weeks then run labs?

hawaiijedi

Awards
. 5mg 3 times a week cause I have the 1mg tabs.

vassille

Awards
type of diet matter as well.

hawaiijedi

Awards
The test is 200mg every week, I know that's high ill talk to my doc tomorrow about dropping it to 100 a week.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
200 seems to be the default spot that doctors just learning about TRT are going with. My doctor started me on that a year and a half ago and it made me nuts- no other way to put it. I was an emotional train wreck. Going in to see him now that he has such a better understanding of it (I was one of his first that he allowed to self inject), he is a full advocate of 100 a week or 50 twice a week. He won't even discuss 200 a week anymore. He started seeing the elevated BP and cholesterol along with the mood changes that were happening, and started diving into a better understanding.

vassille

Awards
The test is 200mg every week, I know that's high ill talk to my doc tomorrow about dropping it to 100 a week.
The range of how much test to take varies from 50-200mg a week. The only way to find out what works for you is to do bloodwork and taylor the dosage to your specific needs.

vassille

Awards
200 seems to be the default spot that doctors just learning about TRT are going with. My doctor started me on that a year and a half ago and it made me nuts- no other way to put it. I was an emotional train wreck. Going in to see him now that he has such a better understanding of it (I was one of his first that he allowed to self inject), he is a full advocate of 100 a week or 50 twice a week. He won't even discuss 200 a week anymore. He started seeing the elevated BP and cholesterol along with the mood changes that were happening, and started diving into a better understanding.
I understand your point ....
Bloodwork though is a powerful tool in adjusting dosage and also everybody is different where their body is at a happy balance. Your doctor should treat everybody on individual bases rather than than saying 100mg works for everyone.
Not everyone is the same by a long shot but I do agree 100mg is a good starting point for HRT.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I never stated that he says 100mg works for everyone. I said that he is now an advocate for a lower dose because he understands the process better and won't start at the upper limit now. Of course blood work is one of the two major factors in dosing, along with the simple question of, "how do you feel?"