Complete new to all this. 43 year old male. Battled Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for > 20 years. Had Orchiectomy in 2000. At that time advised sperm count was very low. Went on to father 3 kids with my wife
Recently found out my Testosterone is 239 ng/dL, below reference range of 348-1197, and hoping it's a source of much of the debilitating fatigue I've battled.
My friend works for a hormone replacement company, and recommended double strength gel (300MG/ML) initially (they usually do pellets). They casually mentioned that it *can* affect fertility, but usually it comes back after you stop taking it.
We still want more children, I researched it online some, and found out that a zero sperm count after supplementing testosterone is very common. Decided to get 2nd opinion, so got an appointment with local urologist who I saw yesterday. He said sometimes people still get pregnant on the gel, but would recommend Clomid. He's running some more blood work to check pituitary axis is working.
Haven't found much specific info online, just lots of body building sites
Are there any drs on here that could give me some clear advise?
- is Clomid the way to go? Heard horror stories of side effects
- heard of people taking gel along with HCG - is that a good option? Does it really sustain sperm production, as well as testes size (don't care about size) if taken with T gel.
- are there other options out there?
- how would I find a good Dr locally? Urologist had heard of HCG, never treated with it.
- can I go it alone with my friend at the hormone clinic? He's not a Dr. They have a new dr and several NPs. Not sure how experienced they are.
- what # for total testosterone do I want to hit to feel better?
I'm really in a quandry - desperate for some relief of the fatigue etc. which is horrendous, but don't want to sacrifice fertility.
Really looking for some concrete facts based on studies, treatment of patients, and any personal experience.
Thanks in advance!