HELP! - Low Normal Testosterne Levels - 26 Years Old w/ Full Lab - AnabolicMinds.com

HELP! - Low Normal Testosterne Levels - 26 Years Old w/ Full Lab

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.

HELP! - Low Normal Testosterne Levels - 26 Years Old w/ Full Lab

Hello.
    Got diagnosed with low testosterone about a year ago by my PCP. Results a year ago were:
    Total Testosterone: 166 ng/dl (Ref Range 241-827)
    TSH (3rd Generation): 1.820 mcIU/mL (Ref Range 0.358-3.800)

Been active at the gym ever since, eating a lot healthier, etc. Currently weigh 160 5'8.

Got retested in September 2012 by my PCP again.
    Total Testosterone was at 215.

He mailed me a letter saying that TRT would be an option for me but wanted a second opinion from an Endo.

Saw the Endocrinologist a week later and she wanted to run a full panel blood test. She was concerned that it might have been a Thyroid issue since my mom had hyperthyroid issues. She also said my eyes popped out and that it was one of the symptoms.

I told her my libido is basically zero. No morning wood. Hard to build muscle....

She wanted to run a full panel test to figure out what was going on with me, whether it was thyroid, figuring out if it was primary or secondary.

A week later she gives me a call and tells me my results came back "low normal". She said that the total testosterone might be low but she calculated the testosterone available and she said I was "low normal" and that was that. I asked her if the "low normal" range was normal for my age and she says everyone is different so their really is no "normal result" as long as you're within range.

I wanted to get an opinion from you guys regarding my results and how I should move forward with treatment. I basically need some feedback I can throw back at my endocrinologist so that she might change her mind about putting me on TRT. My primary was open to the idea. It sucks having low libido and not being able to build muscle despite putting in hard work at the gym and eating right.

Cliff Notes: What the heck is going on with me (is it primary or secondary...anything off about my results...etc)? I need feedback so that I can relay it back to my endo. Thanks guys!

Name:  Scan0001.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  248.0 KBName:  Scan0002.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  266.7 KBName:  Scan0003.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  255.5 KBName:  Scan0004.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  261.6 KBName:  Scan0005.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  263.5 KBName:  Scan0006.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  270.1 KB
    Last edited by phayzeone; 10-19-2012 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Fixed Images

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.

Bump! Fixed images.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.

Have you done AAS, ProHormones, DHT suppressors, opiates, heavy drinking, head injury, ETC?
    Was Dr. concerned about your liver?
    You need to test Adrenals, DHEAs, saliva Cortisol 4x/day, progesterone, prolactin.
    Clomid challenge would indicate if you are primary or secondary.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.

She did mention my liver. She asked if I drink much and I told her no. I told her it was probably due to my antibiotic medication I was taking for acne. 100mg monodoxycycline twice a day. She agreed it was probably due to that so I decided to stop taking it immediately after she had told me.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.TT View Post
    Have you done AAS, ProHormones, DHT suppressors, opiates, heavy drinking, head injury, ETC?
    Was Dr. concerned about your liver?
    You need to test Adrenals, DHEAs, saliva Cortisol 4x/day, progesterone, prolactin.
    Clomid challenge would indicate if you are primary or secondary.
    i've never done pro hormones, etc.
  6. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

That's low for our age... I'm also 26 closer to the 800's last check...

How's your diet and where do you live? How much are you sleeping at night? Shift work? How often do you drink (honestly)?

Morning woods aren't necessarily going to happen every morning bro I rarely get them and am higher on the reference range...

Also they checked your thyroid but did they also check your pituitary?

- Valdez
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.

Interesting to me, was , your E2 @ 39. Not that this the ultimate answer, but, a low dose of AROMASIN, might raise your TT and FT.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post
    That's low for our age... I'm also 26 closer to the 800's last check...

How's your diet and where do you live? How much are you sleeping at night? Shift work? How often do you drink (honestly)?

Morning woods aren't necessarily going to happen every morning bro I rarely get them and am higher on the reference range...

Also they checked your thyroid but did they also check your pituitary?

- Valdez
    My diet was clean at the time of testing (chicken or turkey breast, tilapia, brown rice, etc.).

My sleeping at night would vary from 5-6 hours a night. Caffeine use was high due to planning a wedding as well as training at night and the pre work (jack3d) out use before. Despite that my total test had always been low, even in high school.

I know she felt my pituitary gland during my visit.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.TT View Post
    Interesting to me, was , your E2 @ 39. Not that this the ultimate answer, but, a low dose of AROMASIN, might raise your TT and FT.
    Noticed that as well. She briefly mentioned the use of Clomid during the visit.
  10. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by phayzeone View Post
    She did mention my liver. She asked if I drink much and I told her no. I told her it was probably due to my antibiotic medication I was taking for acne. 100mg monodoxycycline twice a day. She agreed it was probably due to that so I decided to stop taking it immediately after she had told me.
    Probably ended up with NASH from medicine. You probably are having a similar reactions to FINIasteride why your systems are not rebounding properly. Your Gi tract is probably a mess from antibiotics, leading into intestinal hyperpermeability along with increases in food allergies which all can be putting more strain on an already compromised liver.....
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Probably ended up with NASH from medicine. You probably are having a similar reactions to FINIasteride why your systems are not rebounding properly. Your Gi tract is probably a mess from antibiotics, leading into intestinal hyperpermeability along with increases in food allergies which all can be putting more strain on an already compromised liver.....
    how would you move forward based on the test results? What should I tell me endocrinologist?
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  255 lbs.

5-6 hrs of sleep and stim use is probably not helping things. Might want to do a 24hr saliva test to see what cortisol looks like. If you're concerned about the antibiotic use, a good probiotic would be a start. I can't post a link, but there's some decent info on digestive health at lef dot org / protocols / gastrointestinal / digestive_disorders_01 dot htm
  13. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

You know that your pituitary is in your brain right?

- Valdez
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  14. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by phayzeone

how would you move forward based on the test results? What should I tell me endocrinologist?
    I would ask.endorsing his views on adrenal insufficiency. His.response should.tell.one.enough. Lab test are a tool.not the.bible. I.look at.several.hundred pages.of.labs on weekly.basis. Many.of.them useless.because they do not.give enough information. I would.have held.off.on thyroid went after trt for.time being then see where the thyroid would.have fallen.when levels got dialed in. Number on thyroid are not.bad, but.would.have done.in dept recommendations for testing to.look.for other imbalances. Do.a.few test.see.you in 3 months mean.while.your.life is.going.down.thecrapper ..typical MO of.endos. Endos are focus.on one.area you.have multiple.areas need addressing...
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Low Testosterone for an 18 year old?
    By lizonsky in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-14-2012, 09:04 PM
  2. Understanding my results (testosterone levels) 22 years old
    By kion in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-10-2011, 06:00 AM
  3. How many cycles normal for a 24 year old?
    By p00ndawg in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-10-2009, 06:25 PM
  4. 25 Year Old Male - Low T - Need Help
    By zippybing in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-03-2008, 12:08 PM
  5. 26 years old with hormone issues
    By Sean1050 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-22-2007, 04:58 AM