New to the form and trying to get back to feeling normal

66stang

Awards
Hello everyone. I am new here and desperately need to figure out this low T thing.

I am 32, male, 6'2", and 220lbs. I used to be very fit and loved to work out, run, and play any sport. About 6 years ago I started feeling less and less like doing anything and I have felt like complete crap since. I have lost touch with everything that i love and no longer workout, run, or play any sports.
Symptoms:
No energy...to do anything
no sex drive
cant get extremely hard erections...when i can get an erection
constantly anxious and depressed feeling
feel like i cant remember anything...ever...especially things that i used to be very good at
my work has suffered
i feel like a ticking time bomb
feel like heart beat is not regular
dizziness occasionally
hot flashes...get very hot feeling and start pouring sweat
never feel like i get good sleep...constantly tired feeling
loss of muscle and strength

I went to my doc about 6 months ago and she said my test was extremely low at 192.(that is the only number she gave me) I had an MRI and she said that came back clear. She then put me on 1ml Test Cyp injections weekly. When I go back she says everything is back to normal. However, I absolutely do not feel any different. I have asked her to run more test and she wont. I am currently looking for a new Dr to run the test that Matrix had listed on "Lab testing and getting to the core" to see more about what is going on. Until then I have a couple questions:
1-Do i need to stop my injections before having the new blood work done? If so for how long?
-i am on antibiotics for a sinus infection currently..do i need to wait a while after finished with them to get blood work?
2-How long should it take to get back to feeling normal once everything is figured out? I want to get my life back!
3- Can anyone PM me a good Dr in the Dallas TX area?

I look forward to getting to know everyone on here dealing with the same situation...and getting back to normal!

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Hello everyone. I am new here and desperately need to figure out this low T thing.

I am 32, male, 6'2", and 220lbs. I used to be very fit and loved to work out, run, and play any sport. About 6 years ago I started feeling less and less like doing anything and I have felt like complete crap since. I have lost touch with everything that i love and no longer workout, run, or play any sports.
Symptoms:
No energy...to do anything
no sex drive
cant get extremely hard erections...when i can get an erection
constantly anxious and depressed feeling
feel like i cant remember anything...ever...especially things that i used to be very good at
my work has suffered
i feel like a ticking time bomb
feel like heart beat is not regular
dizziness occasionally
hot flashes...get very hot feeling and start pouring sweat
never feel like i get good sleep...constantly tired feeling
loss of muscle and strength

I went to my doc about 6 months ago and she said my test was extremely low at 192.(that is the only number she gave me) I had an MRI and she said that came back clear. She then put me on 1ml Test Cyp injections weekly. When I go back she says everything is back to normal. However, I absolutely do not feel any different. I have asked her to run more test and she wont. I am currently looking for a new Dr to run the test that Matrix had listed on "Lab testing and getting to the core" to see more about what is going on. Until then I have a couple questions:
1-Do i need to stop my injections before having the new blood work done? If so for how long?
-i am on antibiotics for a sinus infection currently..do i need to wait a while after finished with them to get blood work?
2-How long should it take to get back to feeling normal once everything is figured out? I want to get my life back!
3- Can anyone PM me a good Dr in the Dallas TX area?

I look forward to getting to know everyone on here dealing with the same situation...and getting back to normal!
I have a Dr in.Fort worth ...
The problem is Drs are doing what they are told in medical school. The blame should not be put on Drs, but rather where the source of information comes from. Drs do not have the time or some times the desire to spend hours keeping up with the latest information. In a way they are settling and become "old" school. As a medical advocate, I am hired to sit in on peoples appointment who may not be so cognitive to what is going on wanting a second pair of eyes and ears. These is prearranged with the Dr who is open to new ways to view things. The moral of the story is modern medicine is taught treat symptoms rarely the cause. When going into these meeting with the Dr they only issue a few test then have the person come back in 3 months for a check up. In the mean while you are getting worse and QOL sucks. When proper testing is suggested to open minded Dr, it opens up the door to create a good working relationship which is a win win situation for the dr and their patient.

You need to find a person who is going to get in there and DIG to find out why levels are off because it could be masking something potentially more life threatening. The problem is when the testing results come back, the common response "your results where normal". I have learned not to except that answer as if one was normal they would not feeling like crap all the time. Proper evaluation of labs is crucial other wise you are going to slip through the cracks ending up spending upt o 100K +, 10 years of more feeling like crap and wasting time going to Drs appointments when it could have been avoided in the first place.

1. Find out where levels are now
10 -14 days post antibiotics suggest blood work- which destroy your already compromised GI tract (another
story)

2. Depends on WTF is wrong with you in the first place. Any where from few weeks to 2-3 years depends on pathology of the issue

Will do

66stang

Awards
Thanks for the info Matrix. I received your PM and tried to reply back but I dont think it worked as there is nothing in my sent folder. I tried to look up the Dr you recommended but could not find them in the city you stated. I can only find one in Plano, TX but the spelling of the name is a little off. Do you have any contact info the recommended Dr?

Thank you again very much for your help!

66stang

Awards
Alright, I need to find a new Dr more than ever now. I finally went back in to have my blood work done. First, the Dr(Endo) looked at the list of recommended labs and he laughed...then said there is no way in hell he was running those. That he would only run the 3 test that "science" has shown him to need. Then, went on to say that his only "job" was to get my T levels up to above low and once that was done his "job" was done. That me not feeling well after that was not his problem. I would need to see someone else for that. WTF!!

I wont have the results back until Friday or Monday but will post what I get.

Can anyone PM me a good Dr in North Texas or anywhere close? At this point I am willing to travel to one if need be.

Thank you in advance for any help!

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Alright, I need to find a new Dr more than ever now. I finally went back in to have my blood work done. First, the Dr(Endo) looked at the list of recommended labs and he laughed...then said there is no way in hell he was running those. That he would only run the 3 test that "science" has shown him to need. Then, went on to say that his only "job" was to get my T levels up to above low and once that was done his "job" was done. That me not feeling well after that was not his problem. I would need to see someone else for that. WTF!!

I wont have the results back until Friday or Monday but will post what I get.

Can anyone PM me a good Dr in North Texas or anywhere close? At this point I am willing to travel to one if need be.

Thank you in advance for any help!
If you're looking into hormonal therapy you need to look up doctors that specialize in that area. I don't know about Texas but there are a ton here in Florida dealing with sports medicine and hormones

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
Go test with privateMDlabs and choose what you want to be tested and take those print offs to other endos. They may not want all of that but its a good way to assess them and their attitude. Arrogance like what tippy got is not cool. My endo here in Houston is somewhat old school but he writes my prescriptions and tests what he wants and he always asks how I feel so he works for me.