TRT question

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Mine was content with high 600s but that was at 4pm so that leads me to assume it was probably around 750-800 in early am hours
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html

2. BJE
    Stats
    6'3"  189 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bigt405 View Post
    I gave myself my first shot today and it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. I go back in three weeks for another blood test. My last blood test ten days after a shot of 200 ml had my test at only 277 so we shall see how 100 ml every 7 days does.
    One thing to remember is that it may take as many as eight to twelve weeks for you to get a stable level. Because of the half life, each week when you get a shot you will have more left over in your body than the last shot up until you reach a stable level. Front loading with about three times your weekly dose will bring you to a stable level much more quickly, but doctors probably aren't into doing such things. If you have your level checked after only a few weeks your level will probably be a fair amount lower than it will be in a couple of months.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

It took me six months for my levels to stabilize.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by v4lu3s
    It took me six months for my levels to stabilize.
    Took me two weeks.. Weird
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

Well I think we just proved you are not me......and I am most definitely not you....
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by v4lu3s
    Well I think we just proved you are not me......and I am most definitely not you....
    U sure?
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

whoa man, you guys are blowing my mind

heavy
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Focus, grasshopper, focus
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  292 lbs.

The doctor is shooting for mid 600s....where I was when I was on two androderm patches a day.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Hey big T . I'm switching tomorrow bc the patches r giving me crazy itchy rash/burns! You found the gel to be effective?
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

So my dr switched me to gel 1.62% 2 pumps a day.. He said apply it anywhere but the androgel site says upper Arms and shoulders only.. That's all covered in tats soooooo wtf do I do lol

Edit: this Is 283mg weekly.. The patches were giving me 14.. Lol uh...
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  292 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza
    Hey big T . I'm switching tomorrow bc the patches r giving me crazy itchy rash/burns! You found the gel to be effective?
    I always put my patches on my thigh with no problems.....
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bigt405

I always put my patches on my thigh with no problems.....
    Yea they've been given me bad rashes suddenly.. So I got the 1.62% gel.. Not sure where to put it.. Don't think I shuld be rubbing it over My tattoos... Which only leaves me with a SMALL upper shoulder/chest area on ONE side and my stomach... Which he said was ok but the directions r pretty explicit to not apply anywhere but shoulders/upper arms!
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  292 lbs.

Sorry, I can not help with the gel. I chose not to try it. Just seemed to big of a hassle to me with my lifestyle.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bigt405
    Sorry, I can not help with the gel. I chose not to try it. Just seemed to big of a hassle to me with my lifestyle.
    It's cool, I hear you.. None of it is really user friendly lol
  16. BJE
    Stats
    6'3"  189 lbs.

One of the things I like about injecting is that I no longer have to worry about where to put it, having it rub off on others, and scheduling showers around my testosterone.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by BJE
    One of the things I like about injecting is that I no longer have to worry about where to put it, having it rub off on others, and scheduling showers around my testosterone.
    Yea I hear that. I just don't need a high enough dose to warrant injections. I was hoping I would get them simply for the reasons you listed. But it's also good I'm not there right now. I'm only 24
  18. BJE
    Stats
    6'3"  189 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    Yea I hear that. I just don't need a high enough dose to warrant injections. I was hoping I would get them simply for the reasons you listed. But it's also good I'm not there right now. I'm only 24
    Well, I'm double your age, I am 48. If I was 24 I wouldn't be in a hurry to start on testosterone. I don't understand what you mean by not needing a high enough dose to warrant injections. 283mg of test in gel per week seems like a pretty high dose to me. At least it seem that would be enough to shut your natural production down.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Well, I'm double your age, I am 48. If I was 24 I wouldn't be in a hurry to start on testosterone. I don't understand what you mean by not needing a high enough dose to warrant injections. 283mg of test in gel per week seems like a pretty high dose to me. At least it seem that would be enough to shut your natural production down.
    Avi looks good for 48 man!

I wasn't in a hurry believe me. My levels were 288 and dropping fast over preceding months. I felt and looked AWFUL, every day was hell.

I was informed that only ~10% of that total dose makes it into your blood actually. So it's 28mg a week.. The patch was giving me 14-15.. It's time released as well, as opposed to just working off the half life of an injection..
  20. BJE
    Stats
    6'3"  189 lbs.

Avi looks good for 48 man!

I wasn't in a hurry believe me. My levels were 288 and dropping fast over preceding months. I felt and looked AWFUL, every day was hell.

I was informed that only ~10% of that total dose makes it into your blood actually. So it's 28mg a week.. The patch was giving me 14-15.. It's time released as well, as opposed to just working off the half life of an injection..
    You're right on the low absorption rate. I wasn't thinking straight. I was thinking 283 per day. Before I switched to injections I was doing 190mg test cream per day. How are you doing on the low dose? It seems that with low doses your body usually just lowers it's own production and you end up increasing the dose until you have a full replacement dose.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

After 2 weeks on 2mg patch I went from 288 to 679. I've been on for one month now. I am starting the gel on thursday. I feel like a changed man.. If it wasn't for the rashes from the patch, I would not be switching

Name:  image-3535506419.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  497.6 KB

Name:  image-3864879208.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  444.9 KB

They're itchy dry burns.. All over wherever I put the patch!
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Whoa man, that irritation is every time, every location? I guess you have to decide if the risk outweighs the benefits. What's wrong with injecting? It's really no big deal, and that's coming from me, the guy who used to turn ghost white and pass out from shots. It gets easier every time
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by threeFs
    Whoa man, that irritation is every time, every location? I guess you have to decide if the risk outweighs the benefits. What's wrong with injecting? It's really no big deal, and that's coming from me, the guy who used to turn ghost white and pass out from shots. It gets easier every time
    Yes.
    I dint need a high enough dose for injections at this time
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Not really sure where the dose becomes high/low enough to warrant an injection versus a topical. I could inject 60mg 2x/week or 30mg 4x/week. I guess I don't understand
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by threeFs
    Not really sure where the dose becomes high/low enough to warrant an injection versus a topical. I could inject 60mg 2x/week or 30mg 4x/week. I guess I don't understand
    I'm onlygetting 24mg a week with androgel now.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post
    Yeah, I don't either. The only thing I would imagine is that the initial spike would be higher and then level out, as opposed to being more even if you are applying a patch or gel everyday.

Personally, I love injections and would just elect to take a lower dose a couple times a week.
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

24 mg a week will most likely leave at the bottom of the range if you even get into it. The size of the dose had nothing to do with the method of taking the drug....
  28. Registered User

I do 25mg 3x/week, and it works great.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by v4lu3s View Post
    24 mg a week will most likely leave at the bottom of the range if you even get into it. The size of the dose had nothing to do with the method of taking the drug....

Yeah 24 is ridiculously low. I believe the average male secretes 7-11mg a day, making ~49mg/week a theoretical lower end. Most TRT dosages I've seen have been 50-150mg/week.

Cheda, you having trouble holding onto muscle?
    My parents created my body, in which I create my mind. I will honor them, by developing both to their utmost potential.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rambofireball

Yeah 24 is ridiculously low. I believe the average male secretes 7-11mg a day, making ~49mg/week a theoretical lower end. Most TRT dosages I've seen have been 50-150mg/week.

Cheda, you having trouble holding onto muscle?
    No not at all really... I went from 288 to 679 total test in 2 weeks ...
  31. BJE
    Stats
    6'3"  189 lbs.

No not at all really... I went from 288 to 679 total test in 2 weeks ...
    How long have you been on it? My guess would be that you got an initial rise in level, but then your natural production will start dropping and you will keep getting lower levels on your tests.
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza

Yes.
    I dint need a high enough dose for injections at this time
    That makes zero sense. Exogenous Test is Exogenous Test, however you administer it. And from the looks of the pic, it doesn't seem muscle is a priority
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Jesus, a bit harsh there. We're all at different points on our journey homes, some of us have more challenging journey's than others. And I think he may be referring to a ceiling amount of medicine that can be administered effectively with a transdermal medium, needing a higher #mg would then necessitate a different delivery method.
    My parents created my body, in which I create my mind. I will honor them, by developing both to their utmost potential.
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by tenntarheel

That makes zero sense. Exogenous Test is Exogenous Test, however you administer it. And from the looks of the pic, it doesn't seem muscle is a priority
    I've been on it for 4 weeks. U see my avi. Obviously I have and can achieve muscle. Sorry I didn't oil flex and shave for taking pics of my rash. When I ask for a critique u can give one.

Name:  image-2981452071.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  482.0 KB

That was me in 2007. I almost died of anorexia. So I don't really give a fck about how I look. I'm just glad I was able to start eating again and stop killing myself. So from that to

Name:  image-4114997349.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  352.9 KB

This is just fine for me
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rambofireball
    Jesus, a bit harsh there. We're all at different points on our journey homes, some of us have more challenging journey's than others. And I think he may be referring to a ceiling amount of medicine that can be administered effectively with a transdermal medium, needing a higher #mg would then necessitate a different delivery method.
    Correct. You would need to apply 2,000mg of transdermal test to ABSORB 200mg, it's a 10% absorption rate. I take 284mg weekly of test, but only 28mg is entering my system transdermally. When u inject 284mg (for example) you get all of it directly in your blood... Idk what's so confusing about that.. Read the pamphlet they give u with your medication... It's quite enlightening.(not to Rambo)
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by tenntarheel View Post
    Take that crap to another forum where it belongs. Based on some other posts, we get that you think you look great, but don't get down on others for having a different goal or view on things that you don't.
  37. BJE
    Stats
    6'3"  189 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by tenntarheel View Post
    I think that for most men on TRT muscle isn't the priority. All the other health benefits of testosterone are the priority. If muscle mass is increased that is a bonus. Men who have muscle as a priority aren't on TRT they are on AAS.
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  211 lbs.

I think that for most men on TRT muscle isn't the priority. All the other health benefits of testosterone are the priority. If muscle mass is increased that is a bonus. Men who have muscle as a priority aren't on TRT they are on AAS.
    I would agree with this, but it sure is a nice bonus.
    "Pain is weakness leaving the body"
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

It feels Loke the androgel isn't working nearly as well as the patch.. Fml
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

I've been on it for 4 weeks. U see my avi. Obviously I have and can achieve muscle. Sorry I didn't oil flex and shave for taking pics of my rash. When I ask for a critique u can give one.

Name:  image-2981452071.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  482.0 KB

That was me in 2007. I almost died of anorexia. So I don't really give a fck about how I look. I'm just glad I was able to start eating again and stop killing myself. So from that to

Name:  image-4114997349.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  352.9 KB

This is just fine for me
    That's damn impressive. Kudos.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Trt Questions
    By TXathlete84 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-09-2009, 04:44 PM
  2. pct/trt question
    By lifter2005 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-27-2008, 11:01 AM
  3. trt questions
    By ms84 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-22-2007, 09:46 PM
  4. TRT questions
    By hardasnails1973 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Last Post: 01-31-2007, 11:34 AM
  5. Hypogonadism (Testicular Injury + TRT Questions)
    By Megazoid in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Last Post: 10-12-2006, 03:24 PM