TRT and E2

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza

Thank you! Yes I have a serious gf of two years and she is concern about that as am I. I will mention clomid and fertility concerns to the dr.

I definitely have corrected my eating issues and it's only been a few months but I notice SLIGHT improvement despite a lower overall T score.. I'm sure once the issue is pinpointed I will be feeling great and I will do whatever is necessary
    No prob man. I know it stinks to be in your twenties and feel like there's something missing in your youth.

Just don't let anyone tell you that TRT won't shut you down and make you infertile. After about six-nine months on my LH and FSH was <.01 on the scale. Meaning, the boys are outta business!

Although they say you can recover, which is true, I've read that fertility can be adversely affected for years afterwards. Just stay cognizant of that.

2. Quote Originally Posted by lboston

No prob man. I know it stinks to be in your twenties and feel like there's something missing in your youth.

Just don't let anyone tell you that TRT won't shut you down and make you infertile. After about six-nine months on my LH and FSH was <.01 on the scale. Meaning, the boys are outta business!

Although they say you can recover, which is true, I've read that fertility can be adversely affected for years afterwards. Just stay cognizant of that.
    Well that is where I believe my issue is stemming from- at age 16-18 I was anorexic and nearly died. Alongthe way, about a year in, I stopped producing semen. Nothing came out when I would orgasm... Leading me to believe that other things lkke sperm, testosterone, and other hormones Ike LH FSH etc were Not being produced. I believe firmly that I never fully recovered or began producing these hormones efficiently, if at all, following this traumatic condition.
    •   

3. remember- fat is your friend!

4. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj
    remember- fat is your friend!
    Oh I know. I'm Eating nuts daily despite the fact they promote estrogen.. Only like 1 or 2 servings.. Usually have one whole
    Avocado for a day. Lots of salmon, cheese, all cooking done w olive oil, natty pb. The list goes on. Diet is no longer the problem for sure. I went from less than 30g carbs a day to about 200 a day now. I hadn't had a sandwich in like 7 years that's not a joke.. Now I have two for dinner sometimes lol

5. Nuts increase estrogen?

6. Quote Originally Posted by lexmuscle
    Nuts increase estrogen?
    Some... Mostly seeds like sunflower or soy nuts or pumpkin seeds etc

7. This has already been said, look into everything, you are way to young for TRT, unless this is your only solution. As suggested, try clomid therapy , etc. before you go down the TRT path.
    "Pain is weakness leaving the body"

8. Quote Originally Posted by alpinecoach
    This has already been said, look into everything, you are way to young for TRT, unless this is your only solution. As suggested, try clomid therapy , etc. before you go down the TRT path.
    What can clomid therapy accomplish? Lowering estrogen? Or stimulating test synthesis? Or im wY off lol

9. Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza

What can clomid therapy accomplish? Lowering estrogen? Or stimulating test synthesis? Or im wY off lol
    Clomid is interesting. Essentially, from my understanding, it signals for your body to produce more estrogen. It raises estrogen, thus signals your body to produce more testosterone to balance that out. However, I believe it binds to the estrogen receptors which is why men typically don't get the negative physical sides that would accompany high E (other than some emotional issues, case dependent).

Again, that's what I think...someone more versed may chime in.

10. Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    Like I really cAnt eat a lot of carbs without gaining fat
    What you may want to do is to check you blood sugar as well as do a glucose tolerance test to rule out type 2 diabetes. Type 2 diabetes and low test seem to run together in a good majority of cases.
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by vassille

What you may want to do is to check you blood sugar as well as do a glucose tolerance test to rule out type 2 diabetes. Type 2 diabetes and low test seem to run together in a good majority of cases.
    Whenever my glucose Is checked it's always in 60-80.. I follow IF so I fast for about 14-16 hours a day n there is no history of diabetes in my fam. The only sugar I get is from fruit and vegs. I really dont eat anything processed, and only drink water and milk lol

12. Clomid binds to estrogen receptors on the pituitary gland and imitates estrogen. Your pituitary sees the clomid as estrogen signalling to release LH and FSH which stimulate your balls to make test and sperm.

13. Quote Originally Posted by v4lu3s
    Clomid binds to estrogen receptors on the pituitary gland and imitates estrogen. Your pituitary sees the clomid as estrogen signalling to release LH and FSH which stimulate your balls to make test and sperm.
    Got it makes sense

14. Quote Originally Posted by v4lu3s
    Clomid binds to estrogen receptors on the pituitary gland and imitates estrogen. Your pituitary sees the clomid as estrogen signalling to release LH and FSH which stimulate your balls to make test and sperm.
    Much more accurate than what I attempted to say!

15. Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    it's really an interesting drug. i have been on low dose clomid (12.5 mg three times/week) and my test levels and lh have responded really well. i have a thread going if you want to read it. the reason i like the clomid option instead of more traditional trt is you are using your own body and delaying (hopefully for a long time) the need for test from an outside source which leads to other issues that have to be addressed.

Similar Forum Threads

1. TRT and pregnelone
    By hardasnails1973 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-14-2014, 12:30 AM
  2. trt and creatinine
    By bimbo in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 01:35 PM
  3. TRT and free test
    By acidred06 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 3