Time frame to reduce SHBG & feel normal again?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Thought to update again. Bloodwork came back.

Iron levels are normal again. Serum T is 830, Free T11.3 SHBG is 60 DHT is 46-(top end of scale)

Clean bill of health. I did not know about DHT until advised on this occasion.

NB: I stopped donating blood.

2. thanks for the long term updates. too often these things never get shared and we all wonder what happened (especially if we are in the same boat).
    •   

3. Well annual physical results came back today to update this thread.

Total T 690 scale 250-1100
    Free T 61.3 scale 46-224
    Bioavailable T 123.5 scale 110-575
    SHBG 50 scale 10-50
    DHT 43 scale 16-79
    Preg 32 scale 13-208
    Estradiol 21 scale less than or equal to 29
    DHEA 141 scale 80-560
    LH 4.1 scale 1.5-9.3
    My anemia is gone as Ferritin and Iron levels are back to normal. No longer donate blood.
    Cholesterol values are outstanding
    Picture of good health.

Dr. was happy. I am not as I see my T declining from when I first started back in 2012.(but I had high SHBG back then see first post) I recall what someone here wrote about their SHBG being in locked step with their total T. I feel good and train hard seven days per week. Eat well. Good libido. Sex every day. But I see the Free T on the low end of the scale and wonder if I could be better. Dr. Does HRT at his clinic but said no to me as I do not fit the criteria either in test results or factors mentioned above- energy, libido, mood, etc.

Dr. did say my DHEA and Preg should be higher and put me back on OTC Preg. I stopped for the previous 8 months or so.

Wonder what I can do to gain more Free T. I mean in 2012 I was more than middle range, then a bit less than middle range and now low end of the range.

NB: Not into selfie pics but I took a recent one from August so you see how much improvement there has been since pic in avatar. Its in the album. So I do not think it is BF that is causing the issue.

4. Thanks for the update, your posts are useful to read.

5. You know I reread my posts and realized how miserable I felt in 2012 compared to how good I feel now. I should not be complaining about a test result if everything else is going well.
    •   

6. If you feel fine and things are working, then you can relax a bit. If things aren't perfect, you can still pursue more information and improvements. I'm glad things became better for you.

7. Thought to update. Bi-annual blood draw for physical results are in

Total T 765 scale 348-1197
    Free T 12.1 scale 7.2-24.0
    SHBG 55 scale 19.3-76.4
    DHT 43 scale 16-79
    Preg 139 scale 13-208
    Estradiol 19.8 scale 8.0-35.0
    DHEA 214.9 scale 71.6-375.4
    LH 3.6 scale 1.7-8.6

Everything else just picture of solid health at least as far a blood, lungs, etc can be tested.

Feel great. Well, except for a recent strained shoulder. But you know feel great in general.
    Last edited by UCSMiami; Today at 06:04 AM. Reason: typo correction

8. Your testosterone has gone up significantly, and free T too - more importantly you are feeling good.

Has your muscle mass gone up?

9. Thanks. Folks say I appear so.(the pic is from 2012. Build is entirely different now)

I have gotten stronger.

My total T was 970 in 2012 before lifting weights but SHBG was very high then. see earlier posts.

10. damn man good thread, thanks for the updates over time!

11. Another guy on here said testosterone isn't the most important factor, and that it is more about the balance of hormones with one another. Sounds like yours is running really well now. I appreciate the info you drop here, I think most people when they solve things just disappear and we never see that knowledge.

Are there any other habits that have set you on the right track?

12. I would say solid sleep. Started taking 1000mcg of B12 before bed and it induces a deep sleep. Feel wonderful in the morning without drowsiness. Did have sleep issues on/off prior to using the above.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Finally feeling "normal" again
    By smohk in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-07-2012, 03:25 PM
  2. Possible to Reduce BF and Build Muscle At Same Time?
    By Dynasty90 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 11-01-2011, 08:06 PM
  3. Need som advice to reduce SHBG
    By deukalion in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 11-20-2010, 07:44 PM
  4. Repost on how to reduce injection pain
    By Matthew D in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-15-2005, 10:20 AM