Switching to Test Cyp

badrad123

Awards
Hi,

I going to start self injecting Test Cyp tomorrow and was wondering if I can start injecting Subq or do I need to inject IM until I have a good blood level? I've been on Androgel for the past 3 months but it has only raised my t to the high 200's. I bought the 29g insulin pins but also have the 25g needles for IM. Honestly, I'm a little freaked out about doing either injection (subq or IM) and possible complications like a pierced vein/ bubbles.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!

napalm

napalm

Awards
Meh, don't worry about it. The first couple pins will be awkward but after that you'll be fine. Just don't push the needle in slowly, jab that sucker in there quick. I've never hit a vein.

IM, not sub q.

Good luck...

badrad123

Awards
Thanks. I'll give it a try tomorrow morning.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
I used to jab it in fast, but now I just push it slow to get an accurate pin exactly where I want it. Pain isn't bad at all, just push it fast through the skin, then slowly through the muscle. I place the needle point on my skin first, then push. I've heard that only real men do it this way. Haha

badrad123

Awards
Thanks. Is it ok to do Subq with a 29g needle to start or should I stick with the 25g IM ?

napalm

napalm

Awards
Thanks. Is it ok to do Subq with a 29g needle to start or should I stick with the 25g IM ?
Stick to im, I've only seen a couple studies going sub q, and they were with enanthate, not cyp.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I go IM with a 25g, kind of slow. I don't like to stab myself and the pain is pretty much nothing. Like napalm mentioned, once you get over the idea of pinning yourself (which will probably after your first few), it is easy.

badrad123

Awards
Thanks everybody for the tips and encouragement. I did my first shot subq this morning. I only did 15 units of test cyp 200mg/ml. This comes out to about 30mg of test c, if my conversion is correct. I'm going to do this 2X week to start and then adjust in the future after first blood test. I'm starting low because I tend to get serious anxiety if I notice any quick changes ( like rush/adren) in my body. I guess I'm very hypersensitive to medicine.

Thanks again for the input and I'll keep you posted on the results.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
I'm the same way with the sensitivity to fast changes. Instead of injecting 50mg twice a week, I inject 30mg Monday, 30mg Wednesday, and 40mg Friday. It makes a world of difference for me, and doesn't raise my total test over 1250 like the 2x/week injections did.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I'm the same way with the sensitivity to fast changes. Instead of injecting 50mg twice a week, I inject 30mg Monday, 30mg Wednesday, and 40mg Friday. It makes a world of difference for me, and doesn't raise my total test over 1250 like the 2x/week injections did.
If one is doing Sub Q could they do it right in their ass? I am sure there is a lot of fat there. It would be easier then injecting into stomach..

badrad123

Awards
thanks lex. Yea, I was the same way with the gel. I had to start at 1 pump and slowly work my way up. It make the process very long when trying to determine which treatment is the best.