25 year old low test

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
Ive had suspensions for awhile now about my testosterone being off. Finally went in to the doc and had him check it and its 257. My stats are 25 y/o 5'11" 220lbs. Guess ill give you some ideas of how my life has been recently. I havent raelly been in the gym much at all in the last 3 years or so. from 18-22 I was very active in the gym and in very good shape. Had some life events happen and really havent been part of it in awhile. I do have pretty good amounts of stress in life, more than I should. Ive lost a bit of weight recently taking phentermine so my diet has been slacking on all the nutrients I do need especially fruits and veggies, but not taking it anymore. On top of all that theres been 1 or 2 other things and with all the combined I can guarantee thats why its low. Ive done a cycle at the end of 08-begining of 09 (half the reason I did the cycle was to help depression and concentration issues) and yes did all my right PCT and was great for the year or so after it. But I remember how great it was for my well being and planned to trying another one just to get back in that state(and no I would not jump into a cycle with being out of the gym for this long). Anyways my doc has started me on chantix right now to help me quit smoking and also adderall which has really helped a good bit of my problems so he wanted to wait a bit before he thought about trt. He said we would wait a couple months and he would recheck my test levels and we could go from there. Main reason im coming here is to get a little feed back. Ive done a good bit of research lately and 257 is VERY low for my age group. Doc pretty much said i was just on the line of "low". But I know my body very well and its about to kill me. I am starting vitamins today and getting back to eating right gym exercise you know all the good stuff to raise it naturally to see how well it helps. Should I try to get it back up as much as I can in the next couple months to see what it is? Im afraid if I do that since he said I was barely on the low side that it might kick up enough for him not to do trt and say im ok which I dont think that will be enough. Like I said I was debating a cycle in the future but also I dont know how after cycle would be with starting it with low T. Just looking for some feedback and trying to find the best way to go about this. I just need to get my levels up to normal again and be in a better state of mind. Ive got depression problems with high test so this really isnt good for me. It really is effecting my life almost to the point of more than I can handle and I really need to get back on track. Need anymore info or anything on me just ask be happy to fill in some gaps. Anyways I would appreciate the help. Thanks!

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
You need to find out where out of balance you are which is causing your testosterone to be low. Sleep hygiene, lifestyles, nutrition, environmental, biological, neurological, emotional, are areas which need to be properly explored. TRT may be an option provided the health professionals continues to evaluate the source of your problem which is not low testosterone. In these case the best approached I have found to be used is to use TRT to bridge until the underlying cause is made.

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
I'm thinking it's all of the above. And with the psychological problems from low T I dunno if I can attemp to fix with it being this low. I am starting diet exercise vitamins and all that now and see how that helps but all the other effects of low T I don't know if I can start to work on them with my test being this low.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I'm thinking it's all of the above. And with the psychological problems from low T I dunno if I can attemp to fix with it being this low. I am starting diet exercise vitamins and all that now and see how that helps but all the other effects of low T I don't know if I can start to work on them with my test being this low.
When in this state I would see if you are able to restart via a clomid challenge. If successful then continue on it at lower dosage. Then in the mean time try to correct other imbalances. If clomid fails then implementing TRT would be suggested. From a good Dr, you should have your answer in about 10 days then see what steps to take. To find the right one to explore other options these health professionals are very challenging. If you need assitance in finding on in your area. PM me and be glad to see if I can help. I have contacts all around the United states and internationally who specialize in an integrated approach. When dealing with these cases, you need to take inconsideration the persons quality of life and ability to function. Protocols should be aggressive, but very closely monitored by the medical professional. Endos will take for ever. Many care little about your suffering. "Heres 5 grams androgel see me in 3 months" mean while you are worse off when you started.

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
Cool man thanks for the info. You think cloned would do any good? Isn't it just to supprress estrogen? I was doing research last night and did see where an increase I estrogen can be why my test is stayin low. I do have some 6. Oxo hitch is kinda old and not sure if it should be taken but thought about trying that. But like I said it's probably. 3 years old. Would that be something to consider or just throw out? And also I've got a very good doc who does care so I'm confident he will do the best for me and won't try to short me on things.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Cool man thanks for the info. You think cloned would do any good? Isn't it just to supprress estrogen? I was doing research last night and did see where an increase I estrogen can be why my test is stayin low. I do have some 6. Oxo hitch is kinda old and not sure if it should be taken but thought about trying that. But like I said it's probably. 3 years old. Would that be something to consider or just throw out? And also I've got a very good doc who does care so I'm confident he will do thew best for me and won't try to short me on things.
Having a good Dr is off to a good start. Would not try over counter stuff it will.mess you up more making it more difficult to for Dr to do job.

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
So would be a good idea to chill and let the doc tale over or try natural stuff first? And also if I get my diet exercise vitamins stress all my negatives back to positives what kind of % will it actually raise my test back to. A guesstimate of course. Isn't about average 5-600 ish for my age? And if I get everything back on track how close do you think I could get to that number from 257? I need to get it going again cause if not I'll just go the juice route to get my life back on track. Which I don't want to cause I don't want a bad rebound or anything I'm just to that point.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
So would be a good idea to chill and let the doc tale over or try natural stuff first? And also if I get my diet exercise vitamins stress all my negatives back to positives what kind of % will it actually raise my test back to. A guesstimate of course. Isn't about average 5-600 ish for my age? And if I get everything back on track how close do you think I could get to that number from 257? I need to get it going again cause if not I'll just go the juice route to get my life back on track. Which I don't want to cause I don't want a bad rebound or anything I'm just to that point.
Unless underlying causing are not addresses going back on the "juice" route will only invite more problems or mask pre existing ones. You be a fool to do ti

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
Yes I know it would be the wrong thing to do like I said but it's getting to the point where it's going to be an only option

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
any input if i should try the old 6oxoo or leave it be since its kinda old

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
One more thing. What about something like HCG or arimidex? Been reading up and HCG will get me going back and arimidex will raise my test and drop my bad estrogen. Is that something that will have effect longterm or just while your on it?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
One more thing. What about something like HCG or arimidex? Been reading up and HCG will get me going back and arimidex will raise my test and drop my bad estrogen. Is that something that will have effect longterm or just while your on it?
why i suggested clomid. Do not focus here and no focus on the years down the road where stupidity will catch up..I learned the hard way..

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
why i suggested clomid. Do not focus here and no focus on the years down the road where stupidity will catch up..I learned the hard way..
Yea man for sure that's the goal. The last thing I want to do is deal with this a year down the road or even worse. Been doing alot of research on naturally bumping it up so hopefully try a few little things can kick it back to normal. I really don't want to go on trt. If I have juice going in me I'd rather do a cycle not once a month. So I'm trying to get away from trt in the first place. But if I need it I'll have to go that route

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Where are you located because I know pracitioners all around the country. I also work with open minded medical professionals my self.

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
Where are you located because I know pracitioners all around the country. I also work with open minded medical professionals my self.
I live on the gulf coast of Al. I've got a really good doc. In trying to get all my research in so when I do go back I know what's going on and can talk to him about my best route to go. Actually have a doc who listens to me an will do the best thing for me and not just tell me in wrong like docs Ive had in the past. I've been in with a few other things to and just had a list of things I threw out there that I thought or knew was wrong and we've been taking them on one at a time. I moved away and drive 45 minutes to go back to see him. Wouldn't do that of it wasn't a good doc lol

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I live on the gulf coast of Al. I've got a really good doc. In trying to get all my research in so when I do go back I know what's going on and can talk to him about my best route to go. Actually have a doc who listens to me an will do the best thing for me and not just tell me in wrong like docs Ive had in the past. I've been in with a few other things to and just had a list of things I threw out there that I thought or knew was wrong and we've been taking them on one at a time. I moved away and drive 45 minutes to go back to see him. Wouldn't do that of it wasn't a good doc lol
When dealing with these cases, It awesome to see drs get in there and start digging. Usually with in 4-6 week period with proper testing you should be able to narrow things down to possible pathologies pretty easy. Dr has to work with in the person budget and insurance if they have it. I seen people personally including my self rack up 100-400k easily in a 10 years period on chasing their tails.

Pariah

Awards
*No gym = low Testosterone.
*Amphetamines and Psychostimulants won't help your cause ANY, they trigger fight or flight which I would guesstimate would raise Cortisol.
*Slacking on multi-vitamin and proper nutrition REALLY won't help, google a pro-testosterone diet and see if that might help you out any.
*Find out if you can get it where it should be for an ACTIVE male before committing to TRT (unless your doctor deems it necessary).
*Consider a natural testosterone booster, or two. And maybe stay away from D-AA since that can raise prolactin.

Just my .02

**EDIT** Above poster suggested Clomid, and I concur, granted I am not a medical professional. It's usually what doctors considering doing TRT will put a patient on before trying Test. The only problem is it makes you feel like garbage, but I would still say it's worth it in the long term.

CaptnCaveman

CaptnCaveman

Banned
Awards
I agree with The Matrix 100%. Don't start on a cycle or using anything otc until you get some blood work and check your various hormone levels. Otherwise you're just going to muck up the results, and may miss something that would otherwise shown up as an obvious cause. You need to find out what is going on in your body, before you try to start self medicating.

Work with your Doc to get some hormone bloods drawn, then spend the time learning about what the levels indicate. Rule out things one at a time. You said your diet was out of check, and you were trying to quit smoking. Keep up with making the changes you need to make, and learn as much as you can about the causes and effects of low T on a young man. When it comes down to it, YOU are the only one who can fix this, by being assertive and proactive about finding the cause, and fixing it. I understand it's tough, and if you're dealing with depression that having more health problems is probably the last thing you want to deal with, but don't give up and you'll get answers, and eventually solutions. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here that you can pump for info if you get stumped on anything. Good luck to you.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
You need to find out where out of balance you are which is causing your testosterone to be low. Sleep hygiene, lifestyles, nutrition, environmental, biological, neurological, emotional, are areas which need to be properly explored. TRT may be an option provided the health professionals continues to evaluate the source of your problem which is not low testosterone. In these case the best approached I have found to be used is to use TRT to bridge until the underlying cause is made.
I could not have put it better man... reps

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
hey man JUST diet and life style may help you ALOT! alot underestimate its effects on the body AND mind.

I wish you the best